Carnival Now Says They Expect 13 Ships To Leave Their Fleet

N7786W Flyer

15 minutes ago, stormy_weatherman said:

Yikes. I'm sure we will lose at least a couple of Fantasy class ships here. Fantasy and Fascination, perhaps? Especially since the latter has no sailings until late 2021.

Just keep in mind it is the corporation, not just CCL.   Some of the newer may be easier to sell.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Just keep in mind it is the corporation, not just CCL.   Some of the newer may be easier to sell.

Of course. 13 of the 27 would be dire for CCL. I think the newer bring in more revenue given their size and appeal; so for CCL at least, I could see the older ships going first. Perhaps even the Victory, if it continues to lay up in dry dock?

4 minutes ago, shof515 said:

it went from 6 ships now to 13..thats not good

While any disposal of a functional ship makes me a little sad, I don't think it's all that bad - at least compared to what we've already heard.

According to the announcement:

• 1 was sold in June.  I assume this was the Costa Victoria.
  • 5 have agreements to be "disposed of".  I recently heard about the P&O Oceana; I assume this one is in this group.
  • 3 have preliminary agreements to be "disposed of".  I haven't heard anything about any of these.
  • 4 were sales announced prior to FY 2020.  I could probably find them, but I'm too lazy.  A little help here would be appreciated. Thanks.

30 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

While any disposal of a functional ship makes me a little sad, I don't think it's all that bad - at least compared to what we've already heard.

According to the announcement:

• 1 was sold in June.  I assume this was the Costa Victoria.
  • 5 have agreements to be "disposed of".  I recently heard about the P&O Oceana; I assume this one is in this group.
  • 3 have preliminary agreements to be "disposed of".  I haven't heard anything about any of these.
  • 4 were sales announced prior to FY 2020.  I could probably find them, but I'm too lazy.  A little help here would be appreciated. Thanks.

A little more info...

Carnival said these agreements are in addition to the sale of four ships, which were announced prior to fiscal 2020. These ships are presumed to be the Pacific Aria and Pacific Dawn, which will transfer to Cruise & Maritime Voyages, as well as the Costa Atlantica and Costa Mediterranea, which have been sold into a Carnival's joint venture with China State Shipbuilding Corporation. 

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23218-carnival-corporation-to-sell-13-cruise-ships.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.carnivalplc.com/news-releases/news-release-details/carnival-corporation-plc-provides-business-update-and-0 

That is the full  business update that was released today with #'s. 

Like was said.. this needs to be taken into account this isn't for Carnival Cruise Lines, but for Carnival PLC. As for the 13 ships that are leaving, that is out of 104 ships. They also had I believe (though not 100% sure) 15 NEW ships over all coming before 2023. While the update says they will be delayed, it looks like company wide they are still actually going to be adding 2 ships overall so I would bet $ that removing some of these ships was more than thought about before this all even happened in the world.

I find it interesting that Carnival Inspiration has left behind Carnival Imagination and Miracle with storage in Panama City recently as it appears to be floating southeast now along the northern coast of Venezuela. Could the Inspiration be headed toward disposal/salvage?

30 minutes ago, embarkation75 said:

The more I look at the Inspiration movement, the more it looks like it is being removed from Carnival's fleet as there is little reason for that ship to be traversing the southern Caribbean unless it is headed for a new owner/salvage.

One of the trackers says Curaçao is her destination, I wonder if it’s to pick up fuel for a run across the pond.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruiseAdict218 said:

One of the trackers says Curaçao is her destination, I wonder if it’s to pick up fuel for a run across the pond.

Not looking good for Inspiration, especially given duplicate itinerary with Imagination out of Long Beach and some overlap with Miracle out of San Diego.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, embarkation75 said:

Not looking good for Inspiration, especially given duplicate itinerary with Imagination out of Long Beach and some overlap with Miracle out of San Diego.

They are still returning crew home........ 

3 hours ago, CruiseAdict218 said:

Fantasy is already in Curaçao. Second day there. Not hearing good news....