Regal Princess??s

riffatsea

Jusr found my mid ship suite on deck 14. The deck plan shows in and out cut outside for the balconies.  Any info on which is best?. 

Also any info about the ship good or bad would be helpful. Switching from the Grand is a bit confusing

The Regal Princess is a wonderful ship and I think you will love her.  The angled balconies are much bigger than the ones that are cut straight across. I always try to get the "largest angle" that is available.

I can't think of anything not good about this ship.  Happy sailing!

😁

• Like 3

Just make sure to bring plenty of reading material as this ship has truly the worst "library" of any of the Princess ships I have been on. The entire "library" consisted of what looks like books left behind by passengers and crew. 

We really like the Regal and had two cruises booked on it until Princess pulled

this old "switcheroo". Our Transpacific was canceled because they are taking

her to Europe. It still has Vines and the International Cafe. Go online and look at

real pics to decide which cabin will be best for you. Some angled balconies lean more forward

and some the other way.

3 hours ago, riffatsea said:

Jusr found my mid ship suite on deck 14. The deck plan shows in and out cut outside for the balconies.  Any info on which is best?. 

Also any info about the ship good or bad would be helpful. Switching from the Grand is a bit confusing

Did you "find" or did Princess assign with the switch over?  I'm waiting to see what the Regal will offer me.

I found the mid ship penthouse suites on deck 14. When I first looked at the deck plan I didn't go up to 14 so I thought there were no middhip suites at all !  Since we booked one on the Grand I assume that we'll get on the Regal. We do have the new res yet

I can't 9t tell if there is a big difference in the balconies on that deck since I see what looks  like innies and outies?

4 hours ago, Crown Cruiser said:

I can't think of anything not good about this ship.  Happy sailing!

😁

I can. The lack of a Promenade Deck that you can walk around the ship. It's especially noticeable when trying to get past Princess Live if people are waiting to get in. Princess Live is another disaster of an area--very uncomfortable for most events that are held there, although I did appreciate the ability to watch the game shows later on TV.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nini said:

I have to agree with geoherb- what were they thinking with Princess Live!?!

I guess they were not thinking.

Poor thinking, but Princess came to it's senses with the Sky, Enchanted and Discovery. 

10 hours ago, nini said:

I have to agree with geoherb- what were they thinking with Princess Live!?!

I guess they were not thinking.

That they could put the same number of passengers that the old Explorer's Lounge had in the smaller Princess Live!

And then use the saved space for something else.

• Like 1

I haven't been on the Sky but the deck plans are the same as Regal and Royal when you look where Princess Live is.  I've been on the Regal and Royal, both ships, more than once, don't see the issue with Princess Live.

I would also add the lack of a Promenade deck was very disappointing. This was the first ship that I have been on without a deck to walk around on. We walked around in the morning upstairs on the sports deck and sometimes stopped to practice our putting and hit some golf balls. 

We had a deluxe balcony room that didn't seem any larger than the regular balcony room we had on other Princess ships plus the decor was very drab, as all in brown tones with an uncomfortable sort of love seat to sit on. It did not compare to the deluxe balcony room that we had on Norwegian Breakaway that was spacious, a deck that accommodated two lounge chairs, a large bathroom, a large banquette sort of couch and more pleasing decor. The deck we had on the recent cruise was on M deck, I forget what that stands for. 

Lack of a Crooners, Location of the French Bistro that everyone has to walk around and through, Open spaces that try to hold seminars on Deck 7 while activities are going on in the Piazza. No wrap around Promenade Deck. Swimming pools broken up by useless water fountain. Very small Explorers Lounge sitting at the entrance to the Crown Grill. Overall a nice ship but has many things not to like. And yes I have taken one cruise on the Sky. Lack of a sit down comfortable chair in Balcony rooms.

Edited by Potstech

The Regal has always been  a happy ship. We have been on  it four times. The best was a  relocation cruise from Brooklyn to Port Everglades in October. There were four terrific young assistant cruise directors ( one Gary Golding is now a CD) who ran the entertainment with a gleeful vengeance. They were all over the place breaking everyone up. We love the ship . It exudes a shiny glamour with Princess warmth.

1 hour ago, susancruzs said:

I haven't been on the Sky but the deck plans are the same as Regal and Royal when you look where Princess Live is.  I've been on the Regal and Royal, both ships, more than once, don't see the issue with Princess Live.

Regal and Royal:

a) Fixed seats in stadium style.

-- Relatively uncomfortable

-- Hold games such as trivia there. Teams cannot turn seats around to face each other. No table to put answer sheets on to write on them.

b) When TV camera are used, block the view from many seats

c) Only one entrance/exit. Makes it harder to leave when the event is over, especially when the hallway is full of people waitiung to enter.

Sky

Seating more like the rear lounge on Grand class ships. Comfortable chairs.

• Like 2

I guess that covers it, I must admit I'm not in the Live lounge for Trivia.  The times I have gone, I sat in back and was able to walk right out.  I have sensitive hearing and almost always sit to where I can leave easily.

We love the Regal, have been on her twice.. once in a Baja Deck Aft Suite then a B2B the following year in the Deluxe Balcony right next to the suite we had the year before.  We are in that same Deluxe Balcony for our Enchanted 12/5 sailing (B2B).  We also miss the wrap around deck to walk around the ship on the outside.  The "duck bill" front of the Grand ships was/is one of our favorite spots to be while the ship pulls into port.

Now.. for the Enchanted.. we are very anxious/excited/leery of the changes they have made to Alfredo's (now calling it Gigi's).  Honestly.. I don't care what they call it if the menu is unchanged.  I live and die for the veal pasta in cream sauce.  OMG!  

We are happy to see the redesign of the pool deck and that they have removed the water fountain.  Not that we disliked the fountain but the truth of it is.. on three weeks aboard the Regal, we saw them actually use the fountain for the show maybe twice.  That's twice in 21 days.  Not a good venue.

On 7/11/2020 at 1:42 PM, susancruzs said:

The Sky's deck plans look the same, but seating is more like a lounge with tables and chairs where you can place drinks. The layout isn't as good as Explorer's Lounge, but it is an improvement from the original small entrance and uncomfortable  and mostly non-movable seating of the original design. The entrance has also been made wider allowing easier access and egress. The other problem with the original design was that is was difficult to order and hold any drinks, thus limiting the ability to sell drinks and increase on board revenue. On the personal side, we don't go on cruises to see make believe TV shows.  

Thanks for the Princess Live answers.  I, obviously only sailing on Regal and Royal plus not in there that much, didn't realize the difference.  Sometimes just looking at deck plans isn't helpful, plus one shouldn't "assume"! 🙂

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

What is Princess Live ?

It's a small venue as Caribill described above. It's located between the atrium on the Promenade Deck and the back of the ship. If you're walking from the theater to the Vista Lounge, there's a bottleneck to get through if a lot of people are waiting to get in or if a lot of people are leaving. They use it for the game shows, trivia, presentations, etc.

• Like 1