Who feels good about an oct start date?

seaman11

I canceled my October Breeze cruise this past weekend. Final payment was coming up. With Covid cases rising all over the country, we decided to pull the plug because we aren't interested in a cruise to no where and don't want to risk having to quarantine for 14 days for our jobs. Most Caribbean islands looks like they need an anti body test 72 hours before arrival and also we don't want to get stuck on a ship they may not let us off when the cruise is over. Wearing a mask all day is too hot. It just doesn't make sense to go. October isn't that far away so it seemed like the writing was on the wall. We rebook for next year, same cruise but now on the Freedom. Disappointed but than 2020 has been one big letdown. 

Edited by Siora7777
  • Like 2

I booked a late October a few months ago on the Panorama.  At the time, I thought we would be through the worst of this by then.  Ha!  Texas, where I live, is a complete sh*t show.  Final payment is coming up due.  FX they cancel it before then because I wouldn't go at this point even if they sailed.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jordanaire said:

"I think the $600 OBC for rebooking is extremely generous and am willing to bet that someday Carnival will sail again." That's exactly how my wife and I feel too.

I am this way until my rebooked January cruise is cancelled. The way the prices are rising right now I just can't justify rebooking if it is cancelled. I feel October will be and plan to move that cruise to one I have booked for next November. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bury me at sea said:

When my March cruise was cancelled by Carnival I optimistically and naively rescheduled it for October, so that cruise has been paid in full for quite awhile.  Now I expect it too will be cancelled.

At this point I hope it will be cancelled.  I wear a mask the rare times I leave home and always keep my distance from others.  I am not willing to pay the cruise fare for that same experience.

The current environment is not the fault of the cruise lines or the CDC, but no, I don't feel good about an October start date.

I haven’t booked any additional cruises this year, but I had 8 cruises booked thru July 2021 before COVID-19 halted the cruise industry earlier this year. Back in the March timeframe I expected several cruises to be cancelled, but I was optimistic our cruise in October would sail. Now I am starting to worry that all of our booked cruises thru next July won’t happen.  

• Like 2

The virus exploding in Florida now!

Driving around Florida this past weekend, it seems like only about 50% were wearing masks so the virus will likely get even worse when they plan to reopen schools in August, followed by the Labor Day holidays!

I'd say its likely there will be no cruising this year, and maybe none til the summer of 2021!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, bitemyfly said:

Not sure what hospital you are talking about.. perhaps in a area.. statewide fl is very low . I do not believe ships are sailing but thank god that is certainly not the case with our hospital or it’s icu beds .. 

Actually there are quite a few counties at or near capacity of ICU beds already, and the State government wants to open the schools in August, followed by the Labor Day holiday, things not looking good at all!

On 7/12/2020 at 10:46 PM, jimbo5544 said:

Wonder if you would have thought Disney would open this week a month ago.....

Open for the most part Floridians and crazy out of staters!

Have to wear a mask in 110+ humid heat,,, not fun!

Then some states require quarantine leaving Florida!

Likely Disney will shut down again sooner then later! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AmBear said:

Actually there are quite a few counties at or near capacity of ICU beds already, and the State government wants to open the schools in August, followed by the Labor Day holiday, things not looking good at all!

Quite a few is perhaps correct depending on the definition of quite a few !  certainly not 99% capacity ...as of this morning there is 12300

beds available .. state wide .. data is available to anyone 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bitemyfly said:

Quite a few is perhaps correct depending on the definition of quite a few !  certainly not 99% capacity ...as of this morning there is 12300

They can create extra beds easily but that doesn't mean they have qualified Drs and nurses.  Not just anyone can manage a vent patient.  That is the problem here in TX.  They have plenty of "beds" and "vents" but not enough staff.

2 hours ago, bitemyfly said:

Fox Orlando just posted they caught that the lab reports were totally off and some labs were reporting all tests as positive.  A veterans home reported 96% positive when they actually were 6%.  Lets see fit his shows on MSM news tonight.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

They can create extra beds easily but that doesn't mean they have qualified Drs and nurses.  Not just anyone can manage a vent patient.  That is the problem here in TX.  They have plenty of "beds" and "vents" but not enough staff.

Florida has contracted for both of those when needed.  I just listened to his press conference.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AmBear said:

Looking at the cameras from the park looks almost empty.  Ya need to start somewhere.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Fox Orlando just posted they caught that the lab reports were totally off and some labs were reporting all tests as positive.  A veterans home reported 96% positive when they actually were 6%.  Lets see fit his shows on MSM news tonight.

I saw this. So unfair and ridiculous if true.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Do you think the 15,300 cases reported on July 12th is also a lie?

6 hours ago, AmBear said:

The virus exploding in Florida now!

Driving around Florida this past weekend, it seems like only about 50% were wearing masks so the virus will likely get even worse when they plan to reopen schools in August, followed by the Labor Day holidays!

I'd say its likely there will be no cruising this year, and maybe none til the summer of 2021!

But doesn't sunlight and heat kill the virus, or is it the social norms of the country/people/leaders who value freedom / liberty over other large societal obligations.

91-DIVOC-countries-normalized-UnitedStates.png

6 hours ago, AmBear said:

You know most of SE Asia his equally hot and humid and people there wear mask successfully, not happy but they do.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cafedumonde said:

Yes, very low.  Almost 3 million people die in the US every year, and total deaths are down this year.

A virus kills 130k people in 4.5 months and it is ho hum nothing to see here.  That's just a ridiculous statement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1