YC Seaside vs Meraviglia and B2B

js

Hi. 

I was originally booked in two YC cabins on Seaside for February 2021 and that was changed to Mera. We specifically chose our cabins together since my dh and I are sailing with my mom and she barely ventures our of the YC, even on port days since we purchase the cabana on the pool deck for he week. 

Now, as many know Seaside was switched to Mera but we still do not have cabin assignments, only showing still Guarantee. Ports do not matter. 

We love Seaside YC and now wondering if I should move us to the 4 and 3 night Seaside sailing. I would only do so if I can get the same cabins for both sailings so we will not have to move. 

I am aware we will need to get off the ship in Port Canaveral but can we get right back on or do we have to re-wait again?  Is it a big hassle?  Does it not feel like a week-long vacation?

We would much prefer the Seaside since we have sailed it three times but if the Mera is just as nice I will keep it but if not too much a hassle for the back to back, I may look into that too. 

Any comments or suggestions I would appreciate hearing. 

Thank you very much.

I had Seaside B2B sailings for the Spring, cancelled for now partly because I didn't want Meraviglia and partly because I want to see how cruising goes before committing any further money.  Outside the YC are totally different experiences between the Seaside and other two classes.  Seaside is much more open feeling and has great connection with the sea and surrounding scenery.  The other two are much more focused on what's inside the ship.  I've been in YC on Fantasia, Seaside and Meraviglia class ships and while no Yacht Club is bad I do prefer Seaside.  Primarily because of the open lounge/dining combination and the more spacious One Pool deck configuration with grill.  I even prefer shade which is harder to come by on Seaside.  In your case more cabanas are also a plus. 

I think getting nearby cabins on Meraviglia is going to be very difficult, I wouldn't be surprised if some have to change cabins week to week.  It seems MSC is having difficulty fitting all the people from Divina and Seaside in with those already booked on Meraviglia.  The change to only giving Divina 11 night customers down to 7 night when originally stated they would get 14 nights is evidence to me the Meraviglia will be too full.

On the other hand Seaside seems to have much better cabin choices.  I've looked at combining the 7 night and 4 night itineraries.  Combining the 4 and 3 night would not interest me.  Even the 11 night spends a lot of time at Ocean Cay.  If you look at the US booking site you need to look at the segments individually, the 11 night shows limited availability while the same dates as 7 and 4 night cruise shows much more.

Unfortunately Seaside Yacht Club prices are now much higher than when I originally booked the 14 night Seaside itinerary.  In fact the 11 nights would be over $1000 more than my 14 night YC interior booking.  MSC did not offer to keep me price matched and stay on the Seaside for less days.  At the time the only offer was to move to Meraviglia.  I'd be interested to hear any offers you may get as MSC may be more interested now that it appears Meraviglia is too full and Seaside has capacity.

B2B process is fairly simple on MSC, I've done it a few times in Miami and would expect Port Canaveral to be similar.  You will get to wait in the Top Saill lounge until they are ready to reset the passenger count.  You will be taken to the lounge where all the other B2B people have been waiting and leave as a group.  You go through a very quick "customs", ours just had us walk by an agent with passport open to photo.  Then you may wait a few minutes in the upper boarding area and are the first back on the ship.  Our entire process took about 30 minutes.  Only once on Divina did we get delayed in the lounge as they could not locate several passengers who did not realize they had to go through customs on a B2B in the US.

Edited by Até
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Até said:

I had Seaside B2B sailings for the Spring, cancelled for now partly because I didn't want Meraviglia and partly because I want to see how cruising goes before committing any further money.  Outside the YC are totally different experiences between the Seaside and other two classes.  Seaside is much more open feeling and has great connection with the sea and surrounding scenery.  The other two are much more focused on what's inside the ship.  I've been in YC on Fantasia, Seaside and Meraviglia class ships and while no Yacht Club is bad I do prefer Seaside.  Primarily because of the open lounge/dining combination and the more spacious One Pool deck configuration with grill.  I even prefer shade which is harder to come by on Seaside.  In your case more cabanas are also a plus. 

I think getting nearby cabins on Meraviglia is going to be very difficult, I wouldn't be surprised if some have to change cabins week to week.  It seems MSC is having difficulty fitting all the people from Divina and Seaside in with those already booked on Meraviglia.  The change to only giving Divina 11 night customers down to 7 night when originally stated they would get 14 nights is evidence to me the Meraviglia will be too full.

On the other hand Seaside seems to have much better cabin choices.  I've looked at combining the 7 night and 4 night itineraries.  Combining the 4 and 3 night would not interest me.  Even the 11 night spends a lot of time at Ocean Cay.  If you look at the US booking site you need to look at the segments individually, the 11 night shows limited availability while the same dates as 7 and 4 night cruise shows much more.

Unfortunately Seaside Yacht Club prices are now much higher than when I originally booked the 14 night Seaside itinerary.  In fact the 11 nights would be over $1000 more than my 14 night YC interior booking.  MSC did not offer to keep me price matched and stay on the Seaside for less days.  At the time the only offer was to move to Meraviglia.  I'd be interested to hear any offers you may get as MSC may be more interested now that it appears Meraviglia is too full and Seaside has capacity.

B2B process is fairly simple on MSC, I've done it a few times in Miami and would expect Port Canaveral to be similar.  You will get to wait in the Top Saill lounge until they are ready to reset the passenger count.  You will be taken to the lounge where all the other B2B people have been waiting and leave as a group.  You go through a very quick "customs", ours just had us walk by an agent with passport open to photo.  Then you may wait a few minutes in the upper boarding area and are the first back on the ship.  Our entire process took about 30 minutes.  Only once on Divina did we get delayed in the lounge as they could not locate several passengers who did not realize they had to go through customs on a B2B in the US.

Thank you for taking the time to specifically post pros and cons. 

We are tied to that date since my husband will be sailing with us and he needs to go by the school calendar. So my choices are 7 nights Meraviglia or B2B 4 and 3 night Seaside. 

My mom loves the Seaside and loves to be in the cabana on the pool deck most of the week well usually all week lol. 

I wont give final payment in November if cruises arent sailing or we dont have a cabin assignment but wondering if I should just book Seaside 4 and night since we love the YC experience there. Im not keen on the short b2b but that and the unknown of Mera are my only two choices. What would you do?

I didn't understand your dates were limited so that there was no Seaside 7 night that you could do.  I'd wait and see what cabins you get assigned on Meraviglia, I do like those itineraries better than a 4 night/3 night B2B on Seaside.  The Seaside sailings don't seem to be selling that well even with the balcony for inside promo, and with the YC prices where they are I don't think those cabins will be selling that fast either.  A YC Deluxe would be a ridiculous $5300 combined for the one week.  If you don't like what cabins they assign you on Meraviglia and the 4/3 B2B itinerary doesn't bother you then perhaps try to negotiate a same cost move back to Seaside.  After all Seaside was the ship you originally booked.  I'm waiting, partly to see what happens with Divina for the Spring hoping they bring her back from Europe before March 28th and offer something more interesting.

There were indications something was happening well before but the official news was released June 22nd.  It took weeks for the cancellations/changes to start appearing on the MSC main websites.  They currently still haven't figured out how to move all the people and in the end I think a lot of people are not going to be happy with the changes that MSC offers.

The MSC public websites still have several errors/omssions.  So aside from getting hints from posters here and on social media the agent booking site has more up to date information but even this also can be inaccurate and changed.

https://www.mscbook.com/shop/us/mscb2bstoreus/promo/itinerary-cancellation-update