Are there any shops or places near port of Barcelona?

To get from the city to the port you have to cross a very long bridge. On the ship side of the bridge, there is nothing but the cruise terminal. However, there are shops and food inside the terminals. Not sure what it’s like now, but in ye olden days there was even a duty free / liquor store AFTER main security 🙂 Once cruises start up again be sure to read trip reports to see what terminal RCL is leaving from and what is inside the terminal. 

No, it is a healthy walk over the bridge to the nearest shops.

The best option is to take the blue port bus >€5pp return which will drop you by the Eurostar’s Gran Marina hotel. You walk across the main road and you are at the bottom of Las Ramblas.

What sort of shops do you want?

Barcelona cruise terminal was being renovated winter this year before lockdown . 
There is a cafe outside , there are souvenir shops inside , plus duty free perfume.

There is also wine and water to be found there and maybe snacks . It depends on what you want . 

40 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

Barcelona is great ! 
everything is so close to the terminal 

But to be fair, not easily walkable for many.

It is a 3+KM walk to the Columbus Statue and the area where most of the shops are (30-40 minutes).  We've made that walk many, many times but now we are smart and take the Blue Bus, mentioned above.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, ECCruise said:

But to be fair, not easily walkable for many.

It is a 3+KM walk to the Columbus Statue and the area where most of the shops are (30-40 minutes).  We've made that walk many, many times but now we are smart and take the Blue Bus, mentioned above.

But compared to a lot ports it is not far 

a short bus ride you are Las Ramblas.,

A taxi is cheap and easy too..it can drop you off at the top of Las Ramblas and walk...Do stop at the 

La Boqueria market...just an amazing/fun place to wander through.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bluecruisin said:

IBarcelona is one of our port calls on our TranAtlantic cruise next year.

Too many shops too close to the port! 

As mentioned above, just take the shuttle to the Colombus statue and then either head across the road and up Las Ramblas (many varied shops including a Carrefour supermercado) or behind you and to the right is Maremagnum shopping centre.

Nothing but a café and souvenir shops (and yes, a wine shop where you also can get water) in the port.

Take the port bus T3 (3 Euro single ride, 4 Euro back and forth) to the beginning of La Rambla. There you will find plenty of shops.

steamboats

5 minutes ago, bluecruisin said:

Thanks fo rall the help. I have limited walking ability

, is there a shuttle or tram of some kind to take you to trans port you to both of the furtherest ends of the long walkway?

Yes as mentioned by several of us; take the blue port bus. It is 5 mins walk from where it drops you, to the start of Ramblas. You have to cross 2-3 large streets at the traffic lights. 

Edited by little britain

4 hours ago, bluecruisin said:

, is there a shuttle or tram of some kind to take you to trans port you to both of the furtherest ends of the long walkway?

Like someone mention take a cab to Plaça Catalunya than walk down to Columbus Monument

AA82273B-039F-4D35-B969-9779C1FA2414.png

16 hours ago, Airbalancer said:

Like someone mention take a cab to Plaça Catalunya than walk down to Columbus Monument

AA82273B-039F-4D35-B969-9779C1FA2414.png

The OP has said they have walking difficulties, that is not a good recommendation for someone in those circumstances . It is a fair long walk dodging crowds and hawkers for someone who is fit !!   Done it many times on my own which is fine for me as I am physically fit but with my hubby who has walking difficulties is another story 

bluecruisin- you have not said exactly what it is you need , you don’t sound like you want to do a tour 🤷‍♀️.  

1 hour ago, heatherb1958 said:

The OP has said they have walking difficulties, that is not a good recommendation for someone in those circumstances . It is a fair long walk dodging crowds and hawkers for someone who is fit !!   Done it many times on my own which is fine for me as I am physically fit but with my hubby who has walking difficulties is another story 

bluecruisin- you have not said exactly what it is you need , you don’t sound like you want to do a tour 🤷‍♀️.  

There no crowds now , 😉

also it is only 1.4 km walk done over a couple hours

we can only give the OP options and let them decide,

it is down hill, and the sidewalks are pretty level 

19D0E70B-D842-4E62-90CD-F7FBDC8037B7.png

On 7/13/2020 at 2:11 PM, bluecruisin said:

There´s no transport on La Rambla but as said before the Port Bus T3 gets you pretty close to La Rambla. In case you need a large shopping center you can also walk from the drop off of the Port Bus T3 to Maremagnum over the wooden bridge.

Depending on what you need to shop... The large shops on La Rambla like El Corte Ingles (department store) are closer to Placa Catalunya which is quite a walk from the Columbus monument. Then a cab would be the better idea.

But Maremagnum has lots of shops too.

steamboats

We sailed out of Barcelona a couple of times now. Both times to get to the cruise terminal NCL and RCL we went by taxi. The distance from the port entrance to the terminal whilst may be ok for able bodied people i would recommend getting a taxi. The bridge you cross is quite steep. Loads of yellow cab taxis outside the cruise terminal.

Be mindful of - using the port bus.   With a ship port day-  the lines can be extremely long with waits.   I run out early since I'm intent on making the most of my port days anyway.    🙂    Cost last season was 5 euros round trip-   hang on to your ticket.    And they did NOT go to the Columbus Statue,  but had changed to the World Trade Center.    5 minute walk to the Columbus Statue  ( end of La Rambla)   and easy access for multiple buses and Metro.    

Advice based on knowing there’s limited mobility...Rather than taking a shuttle and then needing to take a taxi from the Columbus statue to a shop or cafe, I think you’d be better off just taking a taxi from the cruise terminal. That’ll save you some energy. You could have the taxi drive along the waterfront til you find a place you’d like to go, or you could have one drop you off at the beginning of La Rambla. Either way, you’ll find lots of wonderful shopping and dining options. We had wonderful taxi experiences in Barcelona. Some will accept CCs, and others won’t. 

In April 2019 we sailed out of Barcelona.  We were in Barcelona pre-cruise for 2 nights, and I got a hotel 1/2 block from the Columbus Statue at the foot of Las Ramblas.  Up Las Ramblas within a block are the outdoor seating areas for the local restaurants, and we had tapas dinner there.  At the Columbus statue is also where the Hop On/Off bus stops, so you get on and see all the sights of Barcelona.  

Again, back at the Columbus Statue the morning of the cruise the shuttle will pick you up.

If you get a hotel in that area, it's all there for you.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I think this will finally stop thoughts of cruising from Spain this year.

Just announced.

Screenshot_20200725_210221_com.android.chrome.jpg

British Airways just cancelled our flights to Barcelona in September. Good for us as we cancelled the cruise already, at least I can get the flight money back now. 

• Like 1