Ryndam status?

2 hours ago, Tennessee Titan said:

Could our TA be the maiden voyage??

Visions of the NS inaugural.   Which we loved.   and If I remember you both were on as well.   May have to make lemon-aid out of lemons and do a repeat with Ryndam if that happens

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NordicPrince said:

Don't know where you're going to find ships with full promenades anymore. Looks like you're going to looking for a new cruise line.

HAL still has plenty of ships with promenades but that’s not our only criteria.  Probably have 6-8 items we consider.  Unfortunately over the last 18 months, HAL is meeting less and less of those then before.  They are still good with itineraries and crew but we have gotten tired of all the deferred maintenance and other changes to the experience.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tennessee Titan said:

Could our TA be the maiden voyage??

Just curious—we are  currently booked on the May 2021 Ryndam Inaugural sailing of 17 days. As we all know, its not going to sail in May—I wonder how they will handle those of us that are booked in May and wanting to do the Inaugural portion—whenever that occurs. Do you think they will shift our booking, or are we to left to figure out which of the subsequent sailings will be the Inaugural one???????

38 minutes ago, Cailey53 said:

Just curious—we are  currently booked on the May 2021 Ryndam Inaugural sailing of 17 days. As we all know, its not going to sail in May—I wonder how they will handle those of us that are booked in May and wanting to do the Inaugural portion—whenever that occurs. Do you think they will shift our booking, or are we to left to figure out which of the subsequent sailings will be the Inaugural one???????

I am also scheduled to be on the first 17 days. I was told by my PCC that if the inaugural is delayed, those that signed up for the inaugural will be given first choice for their cabin on the rescheduled date. I hope that is the case.

• Like 1

Back to the original question of which five of nine ships will be delivered? It would depend on the contracts and terms that Carnival Corp. has with the builders. The two that appear to be in limbo are Ryndam  by Fincantieri Marine Group and AIDAcosma by MeyerWerft. The AIDAcosma is using new technology low emission LNG, and is also to be homeported in Dubai. Those two items may help sway the decision.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cailey53 said:

So if the inaugural is the TA, how about us who are already booked on the TA??

6 hours ago, Tennessee Titan said:

That's why I asked the question--when she sails is bound to affect those that have been booked on subsequent sailings. I guess only time will tell...

On 7/14/2020 at 10:18 PM, Heartgrove said:

Back to the original question of which five of nine ships will be delivered? It would depend on the contracts and terms that Carnival Corp. has with the builders. The two that appear to be in limbo are Ryndam  by Fincantieri Marine Group and AIDAcosma by MeyerWerft. The AIDAcosma is using new technology low emission LNG, and is also to be homeported in Dubai. Those two items may help sway the decision.

Given the sale of the 4 HAL ships, maybe Ryndam would now have priority to restore some capacity for HAL. The Norway cruises in summer of 2021 seem to be one of the more profitable and accessible routes than itineraries originating further out from Dubai during the post-COVID-19 era.

This quote from the media comments certainly appears to indicate that if nothing else, the ship will be delivered at some point next year:

• “It’s always difficult to see any ship leave the fleet, especially those that have a long and storied history with our company,” said Stein Kruse, chief executive officer of Holland America Group and Carnival UK. “However, Holland America Line has a bright future ahead that includes recent Pinnacle-Class additions, with a third sister ship next year that will continue to maintain our overall capacity in the marketplace.”

So if I search for cruises to book in 2021 on the website with the 90 day ticker......

......the 4 sold ships are not listed

......Ryndam is listed (beginning w/the originally scheduled inaugural cruise)

So for now, she's still scheduled.......and would think the 4 sold ships mean her schedule is more important to maintain.

(We are booked on the TA in October 2021...and very excited to sail on the new Ryndam)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2020 at 6:53 PM, FlaMariner said:

.....Ryndam is listed (beginning w/the originally scheduled inaugural cruise)

As of today the formerly Ryndam cruises are listed as Rotterdam on the HAL Plan A Trip section. Must be another of the famous planning and booking engine troubles.

7-Day Premiere Voyage

SHIP ROTTERDAM

FROMCA$2,129PER PERSON
INSIDE

Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses are additional up to CA$120. View Pricing Terms.

DEPARTSTRIESTE (VENICE), ITALY
MAY 15, 2021
ARRIVESCIVITAVECCHIA (ROME), ITALY
MAY 22, 2021
MORE DATES & FARES- 7-DAY PREMIERE VOYAGE

Edited by Cruise4food
example of trip description

On 7/15/2020 at 12:17 AM, Tennessee Titan said:

We too are booked on the Oct. TA and are praying it’s a go!  We managed to secure a nice cabin and don’t want to lose it!  Time will tell.  We also have two Celebrity cruises booked for early spring 2021 in Europe and doubt if we’ll be sailing.

• Like 1

We are certainly hoping that the construction of the Ryndam will meet the May 15, 2021 sail date.  WE ARE BOOKED for the 17 day cruise to Amsterdam from Italy (Trieste).  if it gets pushed back, I have confidence that HAL will offer anyone booked to shift their plans.  

Am looking forward to the new ship--we have been on the Koningsdam (sister ship)  and really enjoyed its features.  Compared to the Royal Caribbean ships it will be a small one.  Have you ever been on a cruise ship with 6000 other passengers like the Oasis of the Seas?  A beautiful ship BUT TOO MANY PEOPLE!!!

1 hour ago, Cruise4food said:

As of today the formerly Ryndam cruises are listed as Rotterdam on the HAL Plan A Trip section. Must be another of the famous planning and booking engine troubles.

7-Day Premiere Voyage

SHIP ROTTERDAM

FROMCA$2,129PER PERSON
INSIDE

MAY 15, 2021
MAY 22, 2021

I’m wondering if the name of the Ryndam will be changing to the Rotterdam due to the history in the name? All Europe voyages show Rotterdam (can HALs input be that sloppy?).... don’t know if you can name change a ship... but good idea for hype. 

1 minute ago, KarefreeKaren said:

I’m wondering if the name of the Ryndam will be changing to the Rotterdam due to the history in the name? All Europe voyages show Rotterdam (can HALs input be that sloppy?).... don’t know if you can name change a ship... but good idea for hype. 

No, the Rijndam has always be a solid part of the fleet. The new Rotterdam and perhaps Amsterdam will be 2 new ships. I hope Hal understands the new word for big is small...

1 hour ago, Cruise4food said:

7-Day Premiere Voyage

SHIP ROTTERDAM

FROMCA$2,129PER PERSON
INSIDE

MAY 15, 2021
MAY 22, 2021

Now if you go to the website and try and search for a Ryndam voyage, the ship name still appears but is no longer in bold type and won’t bring up any voyages. I think there might be a change coming..........

Edited by Cailey53

1 minute ago, Cailey53 said:

Now if you go to the website and try and search for a Ryndam voyage, the ship name still appears but is no longer in bold type and won’t bring up any voyages. I think there might be a change coming..........

I have just gone into the European website and both Ryndam and Rotterdam names are in the drop down menu to select cruise by ship.  However..........if I select one, it automatically selects the other one.  i.e, if I select Ryndam it also selects Rotterdam, but it shows that I selected 1 ship.

Welcome to the new Rotterdam!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

I have just gone into the European website and both Ryndam and Rotterdam names are in the drop down menu to select cruise by ship.  However..........if I select one, it automatically selects the other one.  i.e, if I select Ryndam it also selects Rotterdam, but it shows that I selected 1 ship.

Welcome to the new Rotterdam!

I just tried it on the US site by selecting Rotterdam, and it shows the Inaugural voyages with the correct dates but as the Rotterdam and not the Ryndam. Hmmm...  

20 minutes ago, Cailey53 said:

I am becoming convinced about the name change. The R class Rotterdam and Amsterdam were co-flagships of the HAL fleet. 

I just tried the US site on desktop and phone. Both show Ryndam only with the current date of the inaugural also showing Ryndam

HAL's website is known for having problems, just another example.