Refund some here some there.

hunt182644

Regarding the notice from Princess awhile back about refunds being paid back piece meal, they weren't kidding. On 6/19, and 6/26 I received some of what they owe me. Since then nothing have only gotten about one third of what I am owed for an August cruise which was rebooked for late Sept. Wondering if others are getting refunds like this in bits and pieces. This was for a British Isle's cruise. We usually book our excursions through Princess this time we booked some through private tour operators. I will say all but one was very prompt in refunds. All but one in Ireland who we had three tours booked with. First it was we will start refunds in late June, now it is the first of August. Me being the nice person I am told them in last e-mail I would wait until August then all bets are off. 

If I sound like I am a bit perturbed I am , at this moment We should be on a fly in fishing trip in Ontario for the next two weeks. Then home for awhile and then flying to London for a twelve day cruise. I realize we are not the only ones who have had plans upset because of the virus. I will say we are healthy, safe and bored. Guess now that I have had my rant I can get on to making dill pickles.

Same here.  Received partial credits for fares on two May cancellations, but still owed for taxes, air and insurance (requested refund from "holding" account in June) plus still owed for fcc that had been used toward cruise fare.  Did receive all monies paid for cancelled August cruise, though.  Waiting for 5 more credits on other cancellations from June, July, October bookings.  Makes no sense.

30 minutes ago, hunt182644 said:

If I sound like I am a bit perturbed I am , at this moment We should be on a fly in fishing trip in Ontario for the next two weeks. Then home for awhile and then flying to London for a twelve day cruise. I realize we are not the only ones who have had plans upset because of the virus. I will say we are healthy, safe and bored. Guess now that I have had my rant I can get on to making dill pickles.

I had a 4 week vacation planned that was cancelled to celebrate a big milestone - and it included some British Isles ports also. It is no fun. Better to be healthy, safe and bored than sick. I live less than 2 hours from you and am watching our cases increase every day. It is scary out there. I now know several who have been tested for COVID-19. I can't say that a month ago.

I am still waiting for a partial refund from an April cruise. 

Edited by Coral

1 hour ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Same here.  Received partial credits for fares on two May cancellations, but still owed for taxes, air and insurance (requested refund from "holding" account in June) plus still owed for fcc that had been used toward cruise fare.  Did receive all monies paid for cancelled August cruise, though.  Waiting for 5 more credits on other cancellations from June, July, October bookings.  Makes no sense.

If I might ask, how did you know you had a holding account and where did you find it.  I am still waiting on taxes/fees and wondering if ours might be in a holding account.  Thank you.

10 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

If I might ask, how did you know you had a holding account and where did you find it.  I am still waiting on taxes/fees and wondering if ours might be in a holding account.  Thank you.

You have to call Princess.

I am guessing your money is in a holding account also. This would go towards taxes and fees on a future cruise. You can request a refund if you prefer.

I keep mentioning holding accounts because people haven't heard of this. I have had several email me that this is where their money has been all along.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Coral said:

You have to call Princess.

I am guessing your money is in a holding account also. This would go towards taxes and fees on a future cruise. You can request a refund if you prefer.

I keep mentioning holding accounts because people haven't heard of this. I have had several email me that this is where their money has been all along.

Thanks.  I have two future cruises already booked to replace the ones that were cancelled for this year.  Since I am working with a TA, do I have them call Princess about the holding account?  Or, can I do this myself? 

Princess really needs to inform their "chat" personnel about refunding.  I have talked with two people and both told me that the taxes and fees would be refunded to my credit card. 

Ours is somewhat piecemeal too.  I’m still waiting (117 days) on about $800 to be refunded or accounted for by Princess.  Looks like I will be on the phone later this week trying to track it down. <sigh>

Edited by cherylandtk

40 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Thanks.  I have two future cruises already booked to replace the ones that were cancelled for this year.  Since I am working with a TA, do I have them call Princess about the holding account?  Or, can I do this myself? 

Princess really needs to inform their "chat" personnel about refunding.  I have talked with two people and both told me that the taxes and fees would be refunded to my credit card. 

You can call Princess directly. I had 10 people email me the other day after I posted this chart as their money was in a holding account or applied to their next trip.

holdingaccount.jpeg

On 7/12/2020 at 8:20 AM, Coral said:

You can call Princess directly. I had 10 people email me the other day after I posted this chart as their money was in a holding account or applied to their next trip.

holdingaccount.jpeg

Are you ready for this:  As you know, Princess cancelled our May 2020 cruise to Alaska; I choose Option 1.  Upon hearing that our May 2020 cruise was going to be cancelled, I had our TA use two of our FCDs  (one for DH and one for me) and book our May 2021 cruise to Alaska.  Since our FCC were already appearing in our account, I decided to call our TA today and have her apply them to our May 2021 booking.  I also asked our TA to check with Princess to see if our 2020 cruise port taxes and fees ($900) were refunded and in the holding account.  After waiting quite a while on the phone, our TA got back on the line and said that the Princess representative told her that even though our FCCs were in our account, they could not be used yet because we had not been fully refunded.  The Princess representative was also told that there was no holding account and that when our port taxes and fees were refunded they would be to the credit card.  At this point, I have given up and will just keep checking our gift and credit card accounts for the remainder of our refunds. 

1 hour ago, Italy52 said:

Are you ready for this:  As you know, Princess cancelled our May 2020 cruise to Alaska; I choose Option 1.  Upon hearing that our May 2020 cruise was going to be cancelled, I had our TA use two of our FCDs  (one for DH and one for me) and book our May 2021 cruise to Alaska.  Since our FCC were already appearing in our account, I decided to call our TA today and have her apply them to our May 2021 booking.  

Keep me informed. Bizarre.

I can't believe your May cruise has not been dealt with.

Edited by Coral

1 hour ago, Coral said:

Keep me informed. Bizarre.

I can't believe your May cruise has not been dealt with.

Will keep you posted as things change.  My excursion, water & soda package took 106 days for refund and my FCCs took 83 days, $50 gift card and port taxes/fees are now at 89 days and counting.

Just now, Italy52 said:

Will keep you posted as things change.  My excursion, water & soda package took 106 days for refund and my FCCs took 83 days, $50 gift card and port taxes/fees are now at 89 days and counting.

Not sure if the 83 days is accurate if you can't use your FCC........ I just can't believe that you can see it but can't use it yet. Mine was applied within a day or two to a held cruise. I did cancel that so it is back in my account. I assume I can use it again......I actually think there is a chance I won't end up using it.

On 7/13/2020 at 7:08 PM, Coral said:

Not sure if the 83 days is accurate if you can't use your FCC........ I just can't believe that you can see it but can't use it yet. Mine was applied within a day or two to a held cruise. I did cancel that so it is back in my account. I assume I can use it again......I actually think there is a chance I won't end up using it.

I have not yet been given the FCC I am owed for my cancelled cruise...but like you I don’t think I will be using it so it’s not a priority for me.  I would still like the remaining refund Princess owes me.

• Like 1

Well credits finally are some what caught up from our cancelled August and Sept cruise. All I am waiting on now is the $5000.00 in Princess  gift cards that I used. Seeing as how they were used some time back to make final payment on Aug. cruise and I no longer have them. Looks like I will have to contact Princess to check on this. Booked some private tours for our British Isle's trip, must say they have all been very prompt about refunds. That is one tour co. in Ireland with whom we booked tours in three different ports. First it is sorry we are shut down at this time, then it was we should be in operation by end of June. Now it is first week in August we should be able to work on refunds.My last e-mail I informed them I would wait until then, after that no more Mr. nice guy

We are now at 130 days since our cruise was canceled.  I spent a day, last week, attempting to talk to someone from Princess.  I ended up speaking to Kathleen in "Customer Service."  She was only able to tell me that both the deposit AND the money we paid for trip insurance would be held for future credit.   That is just plain B.S.   Kathleen said that this was Princess policy to keep that money.  The money paid to Princess for the cruise will be refunded, someday, she thought.  But she did not know why it was taking so long or when they might return my funds.   She was adamant that there was no person higher in authority to whom I could speak.  Again, B.S.

I would seriously check the sanity of anyone even considering taking a future cruise on Princess.  They are thieves and I believe they are hoping Covid takes us, before they are forced to give our money back.