Is it Just Me ???

Pinboy

3 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Also, by the size of their cowboy hat, the string tie, the boots ( fake alligator ),   the fake President model Rolex ,  and the number of oil rigs they "claim " to own. 

BS! Take your blinders off!! :classic_rolleyes: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

BS! Take your blinders off!! :classic_rolleyes: 

I already replied earlier. Was just having a little fun .

" What d'y'all expect from a Canadian who has never been to Texas ?

The closest I came was I once ate dinner at Montana's Bar B Que while on vacation ".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pinboy said:

I already replied earlier. Was just having a little fun .

" What d'y'all expect from a Canadian who has never been to Texas ?

The closest I came was I once ate dinner at Montana's Bar B Que while on vacation ".

I don't actually think this represents Canada, either. Big difference from Vancouver to Calgary to Ottawa to Montreal to PEI. And I've been fortunate to visit them all.

Take care and be well! And Don't Mess With Texas! 😀

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Kinda like art auctions.

Ain't it the truth. We got caught up in that gig on one of our first cruises. The good thing is we do have some framed Kincades that we really like, so it's all good.

But, we haven't partaken of the 'free' champagne (sparkling wine) since then.

On 7/23/2020 at 7:00 PM, markeb said:

I don't actually think this represents Canada, either. Big difference from Vancouver to Calgary to Ottawa to Montreal to PEI. And I've been fortunate to visit them all.

Take care and be well! And Don't Mess With Texas! 😀

Funny thing, there are lots of Canadians that know somebody like Bob and Doug. Just a little background on that comedy routine. When it was made the CRTC (Canadian Radio and Television Commission) was giving the SCTV comedy show grief about "Canadian Content" on their show. The show featured Canadian actors, was written by Canadian writers and filmed in Canada but somehow didn't have enough "Canadian Content" so Bob and Doug were born. We find them funny and you will find a local version of them all across Canada. 

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Funny thing, there are lots of Canadians that know somebody like Bob and Doug. Just a little background on that comedy routine. When it was made the CRTC (Canadian Radio and Television Commission) was giving the SCTV comedy show grief about "Canadian Content" on their show. The show featured Canadian actors, was written by Canadian writers and filmed in Canada but somehow didn't have enough "Canadian Content" so Bob and Doug were born. We find them funny and you will find a local version of them all across Canada. 

I’m old enough to remember the story. Something like, what do we do, sit around wearing a toque, drink beer, and cook back bacon? What’s really funny is just how cosmopolitan most of Canada is today!

What I really miss is all those who think they have the right to criticise everyone else.

I have been verbally attacked because they saw me in a wheelchair one day, walking the next. No idea why they think it is any of their business.

I have seen people body shamed for being fat thin, or anything else.

Heard people called all sorts of names over what they eat.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

What I really miss is all those who think they have the right to criticise everyone else.

I have been verbally attacked because they saw me in a wheelchair one day, walking the next. No idea why they think it is any of their business.

I have seen people body shamed for being fat thin, or anything else.

Heard people called all sorts of names over what they eat.

...and what they wear. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, markeb said:

I’m old enough to remember the story. Something like, what do we do, sit around wearing a toque, drink beer, and cook back bacon? What’s really funny is just how cosmopolitan most of Canada is today!

But we can still laugh at ourselves. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

I thought this thread was supposed to be about things people don’t miss with the moratorium on cruising?

You are correct ---

While I do miss having to cancel 3 cruises , I was thinking about what I'm not missing " .