Moving to a new booking

janieb1962

Hi all

we are due to go on Caribbean fly cruise in feb 2021. Thinking for a variety of reasons of moving this to a later date in 2021. We have enhanced on board spend as we booked on board and only £50 pp deposit.

So my question is .. if I move this will I be able to retain the obc and low deposit as per original booking, or will I have to accept those of the changed booking ?

• 3 weeks later...

Just seen this thread. We're also thinking of moving our Caribbean Jan 2021 cruise to a Med one in Sep 2021. We've only paid our deposit so far. The Med cruise is cheaper so will we be liable for the balance of the cheaper new price? 

1 minute ago, Mim Lloyd said:

Just seen this thread. We're also thinking of moving our Caribbean Jan 2021 cruise to a Med one in Sep 2021. We've only paid our deposit so far. The Med cruise is cheaper so will we be liable for the balance of the cheaper new price? 

The deposit you have paid so far will be transferred to the new booking. If the deposit is not sufficient to meet the requirements of the new cruise booking, you will need to pay the extra immediately. If the deposit is more than required, it will "sit" on your booking, and will be used towards the final balance payment. 

Hope that makes some sort of sense!

It does thanks! The new cruise is nearly £500 cheaper and I just wanted to be sure that P and O wouldn't hold us to the old price. We've got Easyjet flights booked for next month that we'd like to move to next year. We can move them free of charge, but the new flights are £200 cheaper and Easyjet won't refund the difference, but if they were more expensive we'd have to pay the extra. I was hoping P and O wouldn't sting us the same way!

Just moved the cruise via our TA. Very easy to do. The new one is nearly £500 cheaper but we're down £60 OBC, but that's okay. We'd already paid double the deposit needed so didn't need to pay any more. 

We'll be flying from Manchester to Valletta. Do P and O charter a plane just for the cruise? And does our luggage get taken directly to the ship like the Caribbwan cruises? Never sailed with P and O before.