Crown & Anchor phone with D+ Desk

I usually get information on cruises and reserve through the D+ Desk, which had been open until 11 PM Eastern time.  Just called the C&A number and it is only open for regular business hours.  Does anyone know about this closure or have alternate for the D+ desk?  Thanks 

called at 8:59 this am and a got a similar message. Called right back at 9 and a taped message went on and on about how busy they are. Pressed 9 and a D+ agent answered immediately. No waiting in line at all.  And, saved $200 on a future booking. Finding out if you can call VERY first in the a.m., you'll have little trouble, And punch that 9 button!

R&D

25 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Now everyone has access to the D+ special line.  Could you please delete the information!

Not exactly a secret. It’s listed right in the member benefits for all to see. https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/countries/crown-and-anchor/pdf/CAS-member-grid.pdf

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not exactly a secret. It’s listed right in the member benefits for all to see.

You really believe the majority of folks will bother to read the small print of an obscure footnote?

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Probably about the same as the overall small % of the cruising population that is likely to read this thread. 

Most likely slightly higher than 1%.

• Haha 1

What some of you older Diamond + might not know is from March 2020 all new Diamond + received a specially branded phone, with an extra button that goes straight through to Rachel. She is at head office and helps with all Diamond + needs, but only for newbie Diamond + like me

Rachel said it was to show Royal's appreciation for sticking by them, despite not being able to enjoy the benefits of Diamond + now that the lounge will be closed in future

They also used to open at 8am and I noticed the other day when I called that they do not open then either.

Also just called the main reservation line 866-562-7625 and just got a message that they are closed.  Guess they are no longer 24 hours either.

RCL shortened their phone hours about a month ago.  I was surprised when I got the recording that said they were closed at 7AM, but then not really surprised they made the change since cruising is at a standstill.   I guess no one (including me) is calling at 5AM anymore.

10 hours ago, compman9 said:

What some of you older Diamond + might not know is from March 2020 all new Diamond + received a specially branded phone, with an extra button that goes straight through to Rachel. She is at head office and helps with all Diamond + needs, but only for newbie Diamond + like me

Rachel said it was to show Royal's appreciation for sticking by them, despite not being able to enjoy the benefits of Diamond + now that the lounge will be closed in future

Mine was piped into Molly but she is no longer with us. 😇

13 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Probably about the same as the overall small % of the cruising population that is likely to read this thread. 

So true. We tend to think everyone on the ship knows about Cruise critic. Recently  if you ask about cruise critic , no one‘s ever heard of it. Many use another social media platform. 

m

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, compman9 said:

It must be an English thing.

14 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not exactly a secret. It’s listed right in the member benefits for all to see. https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/countries/crown-and-anchor/pdf/CAS-member-grid.pdf

I'd prefer the Pinnacle or STAR phone line. 

Folks are pretty tight lipped about that.

They like to pretend it doesn't exist. Right

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

So true. We tend to think everyone on the ship knows about Cruise critic. Recently  if you ask about cruise critic , no one‘s ever heard of it. Many use another social media platform. 

m

Agree. Though AOL and Cruise Critic both been around over 20yrs wouldnt surprise me if both run about same totals, in numbers. Typically An older crowd. This is your Father's Oldsmobile

Edited by ONECRUISER

7 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

I'd prefer the Pinnacle or STAR phone line. 

Folks are pretty tight lipped about that.

They like to pretend it doesn't exist. Right

Not sure about the Pinnacle line but the Star line is fir travel agents.....FYI..we still don't always get a Star agent when calling that line. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, molly361 said:

They also used to open at 8am and I noticed the other day when I called that they do not open then either.

Also just called the main reservation line 866-562-7625 and just got a message that they are closed.  Guess they are no longer 24 hours either.

1 hour ago, pstone1 said:

RCL shortened their phone hours about a month ago.  I was surprised when I got the recording that said they were closed at 7AM, but then not really surprised they made the change since cruising is at a standstill.   I guess no one (including me) is calling at 5AM anymore.

Hit the button for "book a new reservation".  They are still 24 hours.  😉 

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

Hit the button for "book a new reservation".  They are still 24 hours.  😉 

That option is gone.  It just says they are closed please call back later and you get disconnected

Edited by molly361
  • Thanks 1