The Daily for Wednesday Jul 15, 2020

richwmn

today is National Pet Fire Safety Day, Cow Appreciation Day, and National Give Something Away Day

Sodd's Second Law:
    Sooner or later, the worst possible set of circumstances is bound to occur.

Meal suggestion for today - Turkey Meat Loaf

Wine of the day - Kaiken Malbec Mendoza Ultra Las Rocas vintage 2015

At Sea Indian Ocean
Amsterdam destination Suez Canal eta 7/24
Eurodam destination Hong Kong eta 7/15
Maasdam destination Suez Canal eta 7/17
Rotterdam destination Suez Canal eta 7/24
Veendam destination Suez Canal eta 7/17

Jakarta Anchorage
Zuiderdam

Port Dickson
Westerdam

Punta Arenas
Oosterdam

Puerto Vallarta
Koningsdam

Singapore Anchorage
Nieuw Amsterdam
Noordam
Volendam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Pet Fire Safety Day.....we have a sticker on our doors to make them aware we have a cat inside. 

Cows....love them.  <grin>. 

We've been giving items to the local habitat since the lockdown began.  It's refreshing to give away unused items.

Not sure about the quote.  Would hope that doesn't happen.

Turkey Meat Loaf, make often.

Good morning Rich and dailyites.  Happy hump day.  It's a beautiful sunrise here, sun blasting through all the windows.

Edited by summer slope
spacing
  • Like 4

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Morning Dailyites & my Sisters. Hope all are well. 

We almost had two days in a row without rain here, but last evening’s storm changed it to one day in a row.

In addition to my stickers on all entry doors, each of my next door neighbors has a key to my place, and they know where Bindi hangs out. 

I will have to find some virtual cows to appreciate.  I am sure we have some somewhere nearby, but I have never seen any.  Love to give things away.  My motto since I moved to Florida is “Simplify”.  I am still trying to improve on this.

I am not going to touch that quote with a 10 foot pole. I do not want to jinx myself.

Joy, hope you & Allen had a great, low key birthday celebration yesterday! Roy, hope everything goes well this morning. Sharon, hope DS continues to get better & his test comes back negative. 

Thank you to everyone for making this such a great place to visit. Stay well!

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 6

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

We honour national pet fire safety every day.  Dogs are registered with our alarm service and of course with signage.  Guess, I was one day ahead again - we gave away yesterday 😉 

Have to pass on the meal since we have no turkey.  DH loves Malbec.  I better not mention the suggestion to him 😉

Things are starting to come in the garden:

a petit rose bush

3CA530F7-C4E1-4809-AA68-63E821599E3F.thumb.jpeg.40d7ceb0d379bc5eff5c8e8d53288990.jpeg

E42DBF89-BB35-45A0-9D51-7DA1F87E20DE.thumb.jpeg.483e2684dcc14e2be7c58efa67e26656.jpeg

stella d’oro. (Little day lily)

1E5385C8-6764-4163-9064-C65D92DB6ACF.thumb.jpeg.b73054b861e855e62b111f925c116663.jpeg

Sorry it was pretty windy for this pic and still is:

9E832DDC-4266-4777-B83C-DC4A6FE988DA.thumb.jpeg.3d63a549d0ba0ecebfe466dae41cec07.jpeg

One of my younger troillius in the small back garden.  It’s pure yellow unlike the one the other day.

B6ACF2B0-B282-423D-9176-EC02FA0CCDB1.thumb.jpeg.e56b5f252545aca284befc493291320f.jpeg

Stay safe and well everyone!

• Like 9

Good morning all and thanks again Rich for the updates.  This is Indeed a nice “place” to visit each day.  No comment on the quote as enough is already going on.😢.  No turkey meatloaf on the menu - turkey and feta sausage and Swiss chard from our garden.  No pets or cows🐕‍🦺🐄🐈but we do have a pile of stuff to give away when the donation facilities open again.  Have a great day everyone.🤗

• Like 6

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  We have a sticker on our window that says "Cat live here, People pay mortgage", so everyone knows about Sochi.  We appreciate cows and all they give us throughout their lives and after . . .    We've been fortunate that our province has had low numbers during the past months, resulting in most things being opened up again, so we've been able to divest ourselves of lots of things that we purged during the time of self-isolation.  Not sure what's for dinner tonight, as we'll be grazing from the fridge.  And wine.

Tomorrow we're driving the 600km to visit our DS and his family.  Last time we were there, he asked DH for help making a privacy screen for their deck, so being a good dad, it was created in our garage and will be transported the distance for installation.  Our SUV is going to look like the Clampitt's heading to the Hills of Beverleee; it's a good thing the windows are tinted!   Stay safe, everyone!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  We have a sticker on our window that says "Cat live here, People pay mortgage", so everyone knows about Sochi.  We appreciate cows and all they give us throughout their lives and after . . .    We've been fortunate that our province has had low numbers during the past months, resulting in most things being opened up again, so we've been able to divest ourselves of lots of things that we purged during the time of self-isolation.  Not sure what's for dinner tonight, as we'll be grazing from the fridge.  And wine.

Tomorrow we're driving the 600km to visit our DS and his family.  Last time we were there, he asked DH for help making a privacy screen for their deck, so being a good dad, it was created in our garage and will be transported the distance for installation.  Our SUV is going to look like the Clampitt's heading to the Hills of Beverleee; it's a good thing the windows are tinted!   Stay safe, everyone!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Gerry - time to don those Hutterite ensembles, perhaps. Now that would be worth a video.

Safe travels & enjoy your visit.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Blessings Rich! I must have gotten up too early to read the Daily. Glad it is here now. Profound quote.

Hi Sisters and fellow friendly Daily-ites. 

I couldn't find king crab at our markets, so went with lobster for Allen's 77th. We were both happy.

Thinking of our prayers for today: Roy, Sharon's son, and all those who are in need.

I love turkey meat loaf. I will make that tomorrow. Not a Malbec fan.

Everyone have a fabulous day. Good to see the beautiful garden pictures and happy folks on this thread. Blessings to all. XX

• Like 6

Good morning and thanks for the Daily.

I love cows, they have beautiful faces.  And I have a pile of stuff to give away when the donation places open again (soon, I hope).

Thanks to all for posting the wonderful pictures, love the flowers.

Hoping everyone has a great day.

• Like 4

Thank you for the report, a great assortment of days.  That worst set of circumstances seems to be headed towards sooner.  Not a fan of meat loaf but I put turkey breast on the menu.

Vista cousin Queen Elizabeth was a bit ahead of the fleet transiting the Suez Canal today.  She's going home to Southampton.

My blood work today is purely routine but there was a bit of confusion on how to get into the doctor's office.    Today's care list:

I think Allen can stay on the list for a while considering the Doctor's comments yesterday. 

Sharon's son

Gerry for a safe trip.

It turns out I'm geographically stuck on my photos, another one from Saskatchewan.  This is from the Canadian on July 15, 2018, and it's from my Grand Alaska (HAL) and Panama (Crystal) combination.  The train was again many hours behind and the sun came up behind us about 2 hours out of Saskatoon.  It was taken from the back window of the dome car:

dawn0715.jpg

Just to prove to @ger_77 that I was actually there this is the Saskatchewan River before our Saskatoon arrival:

saskatchewan.jpg

Roy

• Like 5

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

One of our favorite places to visit.  The blooms were overwhelming.

E40C0C3A-4D41-4F81-8AF1-C794BB5AD354_1_105_c.jpeg

461DCD39-6428-422B-A594-425B48333320_1_105_c.jpeg

7B133CBC-3B94-41AE-A5FA-FEB6B84BDD69_1_105_c.jpeg

Truly an incredible place to visit 🙂. Lovely pics 😄 

• Like 2

Good morning Rich, to everyone on the daily and to my wonderful sisters!!!

Woke up to sunshine this am!! For the last week it was always overcast and fog in the morning!

We honor National Pet Fire Safety Day. Have a picture plaque of Paisley out on our side door and a sticker.!.Love a good Malbec and need to look this one up!!

🌺Cat good idea on giving a key to neighbors! Hope you have a good day!

🌺Joy lobster 🦞! Yum! Good celebration for Allen’s birthday. Right at sunset we toasted to both of you. 
🌺Roy thank you for that sunset on the Canadian border! Also thank you for your prayer lists you do! Still hoping to hear from KK soon and I hope Sharon’s son is doing better.

🌺Jacqui and Summer Slope! Beautiful 

Flowers!! Lots of color and so look forward to any pics of gardens!

Thank you.

❤️Have a wonderful day to all and stay safe

Denise😊

• Like 3

Good morning, all, and thanks, Rich, for The Daily and the dinner suggestion.  I have some ground turkey and no other ideas for dinner tonight, so I will try the meat loaf.  I usually make hamburgers with the turkey, or use it in spaghetti or lasagna, but meat loaf sounds  good.

I am supposed to have a free birthday party this year at Butchart's (in the big house - Ben Venuto)!  But as far as I know none of the restaurants are open yet.  Perhaps they will be next month.  My mother was born the same year as the sunken garden, (1904), so she had a free birthday party every year once she reached 80 - but now they just do it for 80-year olds.  My grandmother and Jenny Butchart were friends, so they went out there to visit often when my mother was growing up.

IMG_5826.thumb.jpeg.250aa4c3810a20c8079547e2e9396dc0.jpeg

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 11

19 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, all, and thanks, Rich, for The Daily and the dinner suggestion.  I have some ground turkey and no other ideas for dinner tonight, so I will try the meat loaf.  I usually make hamburgers with the turkey, or use it in spaghetti or lasagna, but meat loaf sounds  good.

I am supposed to have a free birthday party this year at Butchart's (in the big house - Ben Venuto)!  But as far as I know none of the restaurants are open yet.  Perhaps they will be next month.  My mother was born the same year as the sunken garden, (1904), so she had a free birthday party every year once she reached 80 - but now they just do it for 80-year olds.  My grandmother and Jenny Butchart were friends, so they went out there to visit often when my mother was growing up.

That looks absolutely lovely.  I hope you can go and enjoy it safely.

27 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

How lovely for you! Maybe they will give you a rain check that is good for any day.

• Like 1