What's My Recourse When My Agent Screws Up

DENBET30

Go to small claims court, the TA won’t turn up, you get the judgement, then issue a statutory demand for the money, if they fail to pay, place the TA into bankruptcy, they will pay....name and shame them, these days crocked liars need exposure 

Yes I agree. It’s really not that hard to do. You eliminate the middle man which really makes it smoother if you have an issue. The cruise line won’t talk to you because you booked through a TA. Yes like I was saying there are good and bad. But how do you find the good ones? Without getting what we got. Bad. There’s just a whole lot to know with regards to using a TA. 

13 hours ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Agree there are good and bad TA’s but you will never know cause you can’t post them on this site. You have to walk through a minefield like we did. Get a bitter taste in your mouth for them. Still can’t post even the horrible ones. Thought this site was to help fellow cruisers. It rubs me wrong.

Agree on that point.  At the very least ad revenues would explode allowing TAs to advertise on this site.  Plus, there would be some real world input here about TAs we use.

I've had more than one PCC (happened to be with Carnival) who dropped the ball on my booking by going direct.  Try getting your booking issues resolved when a PCC gets into a "misunderstanding" about what you wanted, booked it incorrectly, and play "cover their a**" leaving you with little to no recourse as you have to take your issue up the ladder for resolution.