Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Giantfan13

Bella Vs Fantastica

We have sailed MSC a couple of times. Last time we did, we did the Fantastica experience, but me getting old, my memory needs a jolt as to what the major differences are between the two. Last time, we got coupons for free Gelati everyday and like 12 free drink coupons, ( we were on an 11 day cruise)are these things still available? I understand Bella is cheaper and is probably a basic, no frills experience. So, if I pay the difference to to Fantastica experience, what am I really getting for the money these days?

Cheers

Len

Major difference is the cabin locations, and no free room service.  Drink coupons have been gone for a year or more.  I think they were part of the loyalty program.  EM

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

Major difference is the cabin locations, and no free room service.  Drink coupons have been gone for a year or more.  I think they were part of the loyalty program.  EM

Thanks so much.

Cheers

Len

We sailed last year on Seaside with two cabins - one Bella and one Fantastica. There was no difference other than the room service without a fee and a free very small photo. No more drink coupons unfortunately

We had a Bella cabin on the Seaview last summer. The price difference was €100,- p.p. to Fantastica cabin. The service difference came down to free room service (which we don't use), 'better' cabin location and a solid rather than a glass balcony railing. For us the location of the cabin was perfect (cabin 14009) because it was on the end of the corridor high on deck 14, so a very quiet part of the ship (no through traffic), perfect for our daughter who went to sleep early most evenenings (with a phone in case she needed us). And this particular cabin has a 1/3 glass balcony railing, and the balcony is in the shadow of the bridge wing (again, perfect for us, because we're not a fan of baking). And the distance to the buffet meant we'd burn extra calories going there, meaning we could eat more :-).