Two new ships to Fred.Olsen line from HAL

joat

I received an email announcement from Fred.Olsen line (a British line) that they have added Bolette and Borealis to their line--

"Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines has bought the Rotterdam (1997) and Amsterdam (2000) from Holland America Line as it works to modernize its fleet. The vessels will be renamed MS Borealis and MS Bolette, the company said. Both ships are around 63,000 gross tonnes, so will be Olsen biggest and youngest. ships. The passenger capacity at around 1,400 is quite modest for their size."  -

Looking forward to the day we can cruise again and we will certainly give much consideration to these ships.   We like the smaller ships and have generally sailed with HAL.  As HAL continues to move to ever larger ships and smaller cabins we will likely have to change.  Fred.Olsen has always interested us and we will follow their schedules when cruising actually returns.

There are several YouTube videos about Bolette and Borealis.   Do a quick search and check out the changes/updating that has been done.

I too have been looking at FO for the itineraries on Boudica & Black Watch...not so much on the HAL ships at this point. 

The smaller ships have the ability to sail into the smaller harbors & were built to sail the 7 seas.

I gave up on HAL years ago.

It would be great to hear from others that have sailed on FRED OLSEN and what their experience was like.