New CDC Announcement - Another Extension

CK57

5 minutes ago, CK57 said:

Just passing on.  Not a very well thought out group.  Extending 2 weeks?  Poor Poor Planning.

This Order shall remain in effect

Sorry, very confused by your post.  I thought the order was extended through Sept. 30th.  What does this mean Not a very well thought out group ? and Poor Poor Planning?  To what are you referring?

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 1

Sorry, very confused by your post.  I thought the order was extended through Sept. 30th.  What does this mean Not a very well thought out group ? and Poor Poor Planning?  To what are you referring?

Extension was only thru the 15th originally. They won’t open until 2021

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

6 minutes ago, brenderlou said:

Not what the order states. Order states the current expiration is now set for September 30th and will be reviewed prior to that date.

What miracle are they going to pull from the rabbits hat in two weeks duration?  The essence of thought is in the bottom of the glass.  Two BtB cancelled twice now.  Round two begins with chaos once more.  Not fair to travel agents to go thru this hoop la as well us customers having cash tied up in RCL storage.   Let's see what RCL comes out with this time?  Another 125% or do they think we are slow learners?

Edited by CK57

8 hours ago, Jam0610 said:

I still hold out hope for Liberty November 1, 2020. Do know Galveston has shut down most public places, bars, restaurants, hotels. Guess we just wait and see.

We are on a Nov 22 cruise. I already know it will be canceled. The problem now is waiting the 2 months for them to do it. I thought Jan 1 would be good, but it is looking more like April 1 now.

12 hours ago, brenderlou said:

The CDC original order was set to expire July 24th so they extended it by over 2 months.  Other cruise lines had voluntarily extended their sail dates beyond the CDC’s guidelines.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They extended it by over 2 months.  It was set to expire July 24.  

Guess Royal should announce at least another 15 day extension today??  I think they are the only ones that have not cancelled thru Sept right?  Hoping they extend it thru October

Edited by molly361
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

I think they are the only ones that have not cancelled thru Sept right? 

Bahamas Paradise - they planned to sail right after the order expired, but more recent events pushed them further out to 8/28 and now at least 10/1.

3 hours ago, bigrednole said:

We are on a Nov 22 cruise. I already know it will be canceled. The problem now is waiting the 2 months for them to do it. I thought Jan 1 would be good, but it is looking more like April 1 now.

We do have Adventure booked for Feb 10th, also out of Galveston. I agree with you, starting to look like 2021 for first sailings.

21 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Guess Royal should announce at least another 15 day extension today??  I think they are the only ones that have not cancelled thru Sept right?  Hoping they extend it thru October

Doubtful.  They waited more than a week or two the last time CDC extended the no sail order.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bigrednole said:

This is why I went ahead and L&S our NYE cruise. Thought about just waiting for them to cancel but then decided I didn’t want to make final payment and then deal with cancellation 3 months later. 

Hopefully Dec 2021 is a safe(r) bet, lol. 

For us, we can't wait that long for vacation so L&S won't work at the moment. It may be an option and we are looking at it. I just don't like the itinerary out of our cruise port for that time frame next year. It is only a single week we could go unless they extend the 30-days to 35-days.

This was to be expected.   And they're right to be doing this.  There is still no vaccine/cure for this virus and until there is, its irresponsible to let cruise ships sail .. thousands of people crammed together (even with reduced capacity) is NOT a good idea right now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is fantastic news - I think many of you are interpreting this incorrectly

Cruiselines were told they would be back by mid-October which was thrown into doubt by the British government two weeks ago, and P&O have kicked off big time saying they are ready now (better precautions than any hotel, apparently)

The British Prime Minister has just said on the news today that he wants everything to get back to normal by December

Business is in turmoil. They want everything back as soon as possible - London is like a ghost city, while smaller towns are back to normal already

Apart from some second wave pockets in Europe, the story is much the same. Indeed, much of Europe's recovery has been much bigger than the UK

Just a two week extension in the US would suggest similar pressure is being put on by businesses and their medical experts. It is certainly a big change to month or two month extensions

None of this of course means cruising will be back this year, but I am very optimistic of a new year return, rather than the second quarter at the earliest predictions some have been making

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Bahamas Paradise - they planned to sail right after the order expired, but more recent events pushed them further out to 8/28 and now at least 10/1.

If you look at the CDC order in detail, Bahamas Paradise is the only cruise line that received the green light -- they are good to go.  Palm Beach to Bahamas and under 250 passengers. 

3 hours ago, Jam0610 said:

We do have Adventure booked for Feb 10th, also out of Galveston. I agree with you, starting to look like 2021 for first sailings.

We're on the Liberty over Thanksgiving, no way this is going to happen.  Sucks but it is what it is.

1 hour ago, compman9 said:

Just a two week extension in the US would suggest similar pressure is being put on by businesses and their medical experts. It is certainly a big change to month or two month extensions

It was not a 2 week extension..  It was a two month and one week extension.  The CDC's old expiry date was July 24.

Royal as well as some other cruiselines had voluntarily extended their no sail date beyond the July 24 date that the CDC had set.  What Royal or other cruiselines had set as a tentative start up date had no bearing on the new CDC order

• Like 1

What is everyone doing if they have their cruise set for this year? 

Waiting for RCI to cancel? or canceling before final payment? Canceling after final payment?

My cruise is on the Liberty out of Galveston on November 8th. Final payment is due August 10th. 

I don't know what to do...

I do know we definitely are NOT going. Just don't know if I should cancel before the final payment and lose the deposit.