Roll Calls

Has cruise critic changed the way to access roll calls? I cannot believe that for the May 29th Silhouette sailing there has not been one new post or one new passengers signing on in 3 weeks since all the inside and outside cabins have been sold out for a month. Has the format changed?

@Edgemere

Howdy!  emo22.gif 

No. It is just that with the way things are now in the world, some Roll Calls are not as active as before, sorry to say. Your post there on July 8 is the last post at this time.

I see at this time you are not one of the 12 members following the thread. You might want to join them so you can be notified when someone does post on your Roll Call thread. Here is information  on how to do it:

Happy sails,

Host Kat  emo32.gif

Edited by Host Kat
Additional information.

19 hours ago, Edgemere said:

Has cruise critic changed the way to access roll calls? I cannot believe that for the May 29th Silhouette sailing there has not been one new post or one new passengers signing on in 3 weeks since all the inside and outside cabins have been sold out for a month. Has the format changed?

They've definitely changed how to access roll calls.  There used to be a way on their home page.  Now I have to click on Boards, then on Help with Forums, then on What is a Roll Call, then on Roll Call Finder.  It  takes a lot longer now.  The roll call that I've been checking on regularly was very active until this change; now it's a long time btwn posts; I suspect people are just giving up.

I hope they revert back to the easier way it was to access the roll call. The current method requires additional steps and I think you are correct with cruisers being confused or just giving up.

3 hours ago, TravelerK said:

They've definitely changed how to access roll calls.  There used to be a way on their home page.  Now I have to click on Boards, then on Help with Forums, then on What is a Roll Call, then on Roll Call Finder.  It  takes a lot longer now.  The roll call that I've been checking on regularly was very active until this change; now it's a long time btwn posts; I suspect people are just giving up.

You are really adding extra steps.  All you need to do to do it the long way is to go to the Boards page, scroll down to Roll Calls, Click on your line, then your ship, and look for a thread with your dates.  In fact, you don't even need to go to the Boards page, there is a link in the menu bar to 'Find Your Roll Call' and it takes you to the roll call page.  The 'quicker' way is just to click on the Roll Call finder tool and fill in the blanks.  But sometimes the tool doesn't pick up the roll call if the starter used an odd format in the title.  If you are on the page for your cruise line, in the upper left is a link with an orange star next to it to Find Your Roll Call...   EM

Edited by Essiesmom

2 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

You are really adding extra steps.  All you need to do to do it the long way is to go to the Boards page, scroll down to Roll Calls, Click on your line, then your ship, and look for a thread with your dates.  In fact, you don't even need to go to the Boards page, there is a link in the menu bar to 'Find Your Roll Call' and it takes you to the roll call page.  The 'quicker' way is just to click on the Roll Call finder tool and fill in the blanks.  But sometimes the tool doesn't pick up the roll call if the starter used an odd format in the title.  If you are on the page for your cruise line, in the upper left is a link with an orange star next to it to Find Your Roll Call...   EM

Thanks.  There's no roll call finder on the Cruise Critic home page - at least not on the way it shows up when I go to CC.  But when I click on Boards, I now see a Find Your Roll Call.  The print is pretty pale, so I didn't see it before.  That should make it a lot easier.

• Administrators

For the timebeing, we have technically paused the Roll Call Tool that was linked on our homepage as well as here on the forums.

Instead, we have implemented what we are calling a MINI FINDER located on each individual roll call forum. It looks like this: 

Screen Shot 2020-07-20 at 11.09.53 AM.png

Once you click on the down arrow next to Select Month, you will see this:

Screen Shot 2020-07-20 at 11.10.04 AM.png

Simply choose the MONTH of your sailing, and it will display any existing roll calls for that month regardless of year.  If you do not see a roll call for your sailing, definitely go ahead and create one!

During this pause of our Roll Call Finder tool, we sincerely hope this helps.

Laura

• 3 years later...
On 7/20/2020 at 11:11 AM, LauraS said:

For the timebeing, we have technically paused the Roll Call Tool that was linked on our homepage as well as here on the forums.

Instead, we have implemented what we are calling a MINI FINDER located on each individual roll call forum. It looks like this: 

Screen Shot 2020-07-20 at 11.09.53 AM.png

Once you click on the down arrow next to Select Month, you will see this:

Screen Shot 2020-07-20 at 11.10.04 AM.png

Simply choose the MONTH of your sailing, and it will display any existing roll calls for that month regardless of year.  If you do not see a roll call for your sailing, definitely go ahead and create one!

During this pause of our Roll Call Finder tool, we sincerely hope this helps.

Laura

It seems we used to be able to access roll calls quickly.  I don’t want to scroll through find your roll call each time.  Is there a feature?  I think because of this more people are moving over to another forum. Thanks!

46 minutes ago, JustinandMaria said:

It seems we used to be able to access roll calls quickly.  I don’t want to scroll through find your roll call each time.  Is there a feature?  I think because of this more people are moving over to another forum. Thanks!

Simply bookmark your roll call thread in the browser you use.

You could also copy the URL and paste it on your desktop for immediate access without first having to start your browser.

Screenshot_20240121_092742_Chrome.jpg.2fe2c3a45a69828eae421ec2801a8064.jpg

37 minutes ago, broberts said:

Simply bookmark your roll call thread in the browser you use.

You could also copy the URL and paste it on your desktop for immediate access without first having to start your browser.

Screenshot_20240121_092742_Chrome.jpg.2fe2c3a45a69828eae421ec2801a8064.jpg

Thanks!  I also found in activity just now but not too friendly. Workable though.