March Refunds Only - is there a "big black hole"

cellfree

5 hours ago, notme2012 said:

The way it was explained to me....roll eyes please.....your FCC is nested in your original reservation. Take this as meaning another 9 months for anything to happen. Like out of sight, out of mind. Not on a list to be refunded. "Nested" means on track for you to book another MSC cruise.                                                                                                                                                                                                Getting MSC to refund something from March 2020 or doing a CC chargeback, well, it is not going to happen. You cannot file small claim lawsuit because the cruise contract specifies that MSC can only be sued in Naples, Italy.  We are going to use the FCC in March or April 2022. This way it is so far ahead, that the likelihood that the cruise will be canceled is less. I should not talk and jinx it. LOL But I understand your feelings about MSC. It was to be my first cruise with MSC. I sold cruises for 29 years. MSC has a very bad rep in the travel community. But March in the Med, there are only to 2 choices, MSC and Costa. My family was hesitant on Costa. The Grandiosa was a brand new ship. Pricing was good. But now I know why, MSC discounts heavily to overcome their reputation. For all us that got burned, MSC will never get us back.

Yes, that's how I understand it is supposed to be. My TA thinks that we will be an exception because of our previous negotiations and the clout of her parent agency. I'm just trusting her at this point, but I'm not exactly optimistic. Not much I can do anyway. I tried to use the FCC as instructed and that didn't work out, so...

I hope you get to use your credit in 2022. Good luck!

Booked an all-inclusive in Mexico for this spring break. Needed something to look forward to!

• Like 1

Was meant to be on Seaside in November cancelled cruise in April 2020, was told 8th August 2020 my refund had now been authorised.

Chased it up Oct 2020 was told please bear with us working through them

Its now Nearly Feb 2021 and still no refund its beyond a joke

I spoke to MSC today as I’d never received my FCC. I was told they’re working on august 20 refunds right now, taking them by sail date. So that could mean another 4 months for me.

he told me to email to get my FCC sent as it’s sat on their system then email it back to the same email address to get my refund, arduous indeed.

Off to the credit card company we go

we’ve taken over 70 cruises, had 7 cancelled in the pandemic. Celebrity, Royal and NCL have been good with their FCC or refund processes. 

this was our first MSC booking and very likely our last

Maybe the Financial Times would be interested

• Like 1

On 1/19/2021 at 3:49 PM, Tiggertastic said:

I spoke to MSC today as I’d never received my FCC. I was told they’re working on august 20 refunds right now, taking them by sail date. So that could mean another 4 months for me.

he told me to email to get my FCC sent as it’s sat on their system then email it back to the same email address to get my refund, arduous indeed.

Off to the credit card company we go

we’ve taken over 70 cruises, had 7 cancelled in the pandemic. Celebrity, Royal and NCL have been good with their FCC or refund processes. 

this was our first MSC booking and very likely our last

Maybe the Financial Times would be interested

on 19 Jan 21 we were told by MSC that refunds will be given 90-120 days after the cruise departure date.  So, for our May 25th cruise we can expect a refund sometime in August or September.  This is after requesting a refund in January.  9 months from request to refund??  Totally outrageous,  we are done with MSC.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, crazyank said:

on 19 Jan 21 we were told by MSC that refunds will be given 90-120 days after the cruise departure date.  So, for our May 25th cruise we can expect a refund sometime in August or September.  This is after requesting a refund in January.  9 months from request to refund??  Totally outrageous,  we are done with MSC.

We've been told 60 90 and then just escalated now past 10 months.  I did get email from TA saying MSC said next week.  Who wants to put bet?

Those promises were from cancel date.  Any emails to MSC never replied to other than auto reply.

Edited by dexddd
  • Like 1

Here is my update. Originally selling on March 13th 2020 from Marseille France. On March 13th we arrive at Port to be told cruise is cancelled. This is after numerous calls for them to cancel the sailing so we could get a full refund from our plane tickets. But they refused.... Until we are actually physically there waiting (California to Marseille). Once I was back in the States, I filed a claim on March 18th 2020. I received confirmation for a full refund on March 20th 2020 via email. I have called monthly for an update. I received our incidentals that was paid through the MSC site less than two months ago (drink, wifi, show, dinner packages).

I was told at the beginning of December that one of the two cabins was marked for refund and typically within 2 weeks we should receive something. Nothing. I called last week to my travel agent who said that MSC will not give me a date when payment will possibly happen.

Then yesterday I received an email from MSC declaring sorry for the delay here is your FCC. For one of the cabins. First off I never once said I wanted an FCC. I've always wanted a full refund. 

We are coming up to nearly one year since this whole ordeal started and rather than following through, they try to pull off the FCC on me. I will never use MSC again. This was going to be our first trip using this company.

So the email I received, said if I do not agree upon this within 30 days I need to notify my travel agent to start the process of a refund. So they basically reset the clocks. So if you're waiting for a refund, I highly suggest that you keep an eye on your email to verify they're not going to pull something like this on you. I have a feeling that if you don't meet the 30-day mark you will not have a choice for a cash refund but only an FCC. Needless to say I will be calling tomorrow. The drama continues.  

I pasted a copy of the email so you can search if you received one. The subject is Your Future Cruise Credit Is Here. 

Screenshot_20210125-190108_Yahoo Mail.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Orange Blossom said:

We are coming up to nearly one year since this whole ordeal started and rather than following through, they try to pull off the FCC on me. I will never use MSC again. This was going to be our first trip using this company.

So the email I received, said if I do not agree upon this within 30 days I need to notify my travel agent to start the process of a refund. So they basically reset the clocks. So if you're waiting for a refund, I highly suggest that you keep an eye on your email to verify they're not going to pull something like this on you. I have a feeling that if you don't meet the 30-day mark you will not have a choice for a cash refund but only an FCC. Needless to say I will be calling tomorrow. The drama continues.  

MSC will continue to stall in hopes that a lot of us will simply give up and let them keep the money.  Like you we will never go near them again.  Also, our TA has informed us that they will no longer do any bookings with MSC.

• Like 1

We are supposed to make final payt at the end of July for Seashore transatlantic end of October, after periodically reading all these problems I have no intention of making payment on a ship that may not be ready to sail.  Have back up cruises with Celebrity in the Caribbean and final payment not due till September

Liz

• Like 1

16 hours ago, emmas gran said:

We are supposed to make final payt at the end of July for Seashore transatlantic end of October, after periodically reading all these problems I have no intention of making payment on a ship that may not be ready to sail.  Have back up cruises with Celebrity in the Caribbean and final payment not due till September

Liz

Can you cancel? I think the chances of this cruise going is less than 10%. First, the CDC will not allow any cruises from the US, longer than 7 nights. 2nd- if this was a little later, your chances would be a higher of the ship doing this cruise. I think MSC will leave this ship in the Caribbean, if it gets over here in April.

MSc cancelled my October 2021 Magnifica Cruise due to a private charter (non Covid.related) in early Nov 2020, but they didn't give me a 125% FCC.

instead they told my TA that the Cruise has been refunded and it will take 2 billing cycles or around 60 days to see the credit in my credit card.

No credit nor any FCC even after 67 days.

On 1/26/2021 at 8:46 AM, Orange Blossom said:

HI received our incidentals that was paid through the MSC site less than two months ago (drink, wifi, show, dinner packages).

I was told at the beginning of December that one of the two cabins was marked for refund and typically within 2 weeks we should receive something. Nothing. I called last week to my travel agent who said that MSC will not give me a date when payment will possibly happen.

Then yesterday I received an email from MSC declaring sorry for the delay here is your FCC.

I pasted a copy of the email so you can search if you received one. The subject is Your Future Cruise Credit Is Here. 

Screenshot_20210125-190108_Yahoo Mail.jpg

hi Orange,

you are really lucky to get full refunds for the drinks, Wi-Fi, show and dinner packages.

This is great news and shows that MSC has the funds to pay back.

please guide me how to get the 125% FCCs for 4 cancelled MSc Cruises.

I would really like to have them for 4 cancelled MSC Cruises, since there is almost zero chance of getting 4 refunds.

Edited by drsel
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, drsel said:

hi Orange,

you are really lucky to get full refunds for the drinks, Wi-Fi, show and dinner packages.

This is great news and shows that MSC has the funds to pay back.

please guide me how to get the 125% FCCs for 4 cancelled MSc Cruises.

I would really like to have them for 4 cancelled MSC Cruises, since there is almost zero chance of getting 4 refunds.

You would be better off to fight for the refunds. If you ever do get your money take it run!  Then stay completely away from MSC.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crazyank said:

You would be better off to fight for the refunds. If you ever do get your money take it run!  Then stay completely away from MSC.

Dont get so worried, MSC Grandiosa has restarted sailing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, drsel said:

Dont get so worried, MSC Grandiosa has restarted sailing!

You need to watch some of Emma's other videos. For the US, I don't think there will any cruising until the 4th quarter. Vaccinations are going very slow. Mutations are occurring all over the world. Don't get your hopes up!

As far as MSC, I was travel agent for 29 years. Now retired. MSC has a horrible reputation the travel agent community. I finally booked them for March 2020. It has been endless grief. Never again! I'll spend a $500 more and go on one of the other lines

11 months, and MSC still has not resolved our problem.  I disputed the charges with our credit card in August after many promises to correct the problems and MSC refused the chargeback.  The credit card company is  still working on the dispute and has assured me it will be resolved in our favor but can't give me a time frame.  I will never do business with MSC again and will discourage anyone I know from doing so.   We love their ships and have enjoyed all 4 cruises with them, but their lack of customer service will keep us off their ships.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, notme2012 said:

As far as MSC, I was travel agent for 29 years. Now retired. MSC has a horrible reputation the travel agent community. I finally booked them for March 2020. It has been endless grief. Never again! I'll spend a $500 more and go on one of the other lines

8 hours ago, versuco said:

11 months, and MSC still has not resolved our problem.  I disputed the charges with our credit card in August after many promises to correct the problems and MSC refused the chargeback.  The credit card company is  still working on the dispute and has assured me it will be resolved in our favor but can't give me a time frame.  I will never do business with MSC again and will discourage anyone I know from doing so.   We love their ships and have enjoyed all 4 cruises with them, but their lack of customer service will keep us off their ships.

Our TA has informed us they are no longer booking anything with MSC.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crazyank said:

Our TA has informed us they are no longer booking anything with MSC.  

I certainly can understand that.  Our large US agency has been largely destroyed and dealing with whoever is left.  Most recent agent working hard 11 months in and get same old bs.

They had a visit to their office about 4 years ago from MSC on how to improve.  Seeing how things worked out they should have stayed home.  On ship they worked hard to get into US market but landside ineptitude prevails.

• Like 2

I agree . It does seem ,they are shooting themselves in the foot.

MSC put so much into attracting US passengers and positioning themselves in US cruise ports.  With their response to cancellations, they have lost any goodwill they garnered from positive cruise experiences. The very poor handling of refunds and FCC’s 

has now left most with a very bad taste in our mouths.

• Like 1