March Refunds Only - is there a "big black hole"

cellfree

2 hours ago, notme2012 said:

My travel agent cannot get MSC to apply our FCC. MSC's excuse is that we boarded our cruise. But we were ordered off the ship, as Spain was not allowing the Grandiosa to come back to a Spanish port. So our Res# is a consumed cruise according to MSC. And I do have FCC certificate that MSC sent me. With MSC, it is just endless rigmarole.

Oh my god, that was a nightmarish experience.

You must have gone through hell after spending so much on return airfare and The Cruise.

Imagine the plight of thousands of passengers and crew who were stranded on Diamond Princess!

Edited by drsel
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, drsel said:

Oh my god, that was a nightmarish experience.

You must have gone through hell after spending so much on return airfare and The Cruise.

Imagine the plight of thousands of passengers and crew who were stranded on Diamond Princess!

Actually buying new return airfares wasn't that expensive. We even received a credit for the ones we didn't use. I never felt that my safety was at risk. I just wish that this MSC grief would end. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2021 at 7:30 AM, Bluewake said:

We are a few days away from waiting one full year for MSC to issue the FCC for which we've been assured we are entitled.  The initial email said it would take "two weeks".   We've gone through multiple escalations, repeatedly been asked to "be patient", and given a variety of reasons for the lack of action.  

On April 20th, we finally received a full refund to our CC for our March 2020 cruise. This was after turning to the BBB. We were supposed to get a credit, but requested a full refund due to the amount of time and effort we, like many of you, expended in an effort to get what was ours. I don't know if the BBB made a difference or our time just came, but we're just glad it's done. We had 3 other cruises with MSC and received refunds without any issues. These were in June and September of 2020. Final payment had not been made.

We do have another FCC, so we booked another cruise for the end of the year. Our travel agent is working on applying the FCC. We hope that doesn't become an issue. I'll update when it's done. We were hesitant to book again after the difficulties we've had in getting a credit or refund. However, we wanted to use the FCC and found a room we've always wanted at a decent price. MSC has always had great service on board, so we took the jump! Hoping for the best. I feel for those of you who are still waiting. It is really frustrating. I just wanted to let you know that our issue was resolved. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, L2float said:

On April 20th, we finally received a full refund to our CC for our March 2020 cruise. This was after turning to the BBB. We were supposed to get a credit, but requested a full refund due to the amount of time and effort we, like many of you, expended in an effort to get what was ours. I don't know if the BBB made a difference or our time just came, but we're just glad it's done. We had 3 other cruises with MSC and received refunds without any issues. These were in June and September of 2020. Final payment had not been made.

We do have another FCC, so we booked another cruise for the end of the year. Our travel agent is working on applying the FCC. We hope that doesn't become an issue. I'll update when it's done. We were hesitant to book again after the difficulties we've had in getting a credit or refund. However, we wanted to use the FCC and found a room we've always wanted at a decent price. MSC has always had great service on board, so we took the jump! Hoping for the best. I feel for those of you who are still waiting. It is really frustrating. I just wanted to let you know that our issue was resolved. 

L2float - Nice to see your post and learn that you finally received your refund for the March 2020 cruise we both were scheduled to take.  Similarly, our Future Cruise Credit came through after an excruciating back and forth over 13+ months.  Like you, we've so enjoyed our past MSC cruises that we are trying to look past the frustrations of the past year and already have booked a 2022 cruise.  Let's keep our fingers crossed that there won't be any problems using our respective FCC's when final payment time comes. 

• Like 2

Bluewake- I am so happy to hear that you received your credit!! We also booked  a cruise in 2022. Maybe we will find ourselves on a roll call together again in the future! Our travel agent has requested that our voucher from Ocean Cay be credited to our next cruise. I'll let you know if it goes smoothly. It's not the same as the credits for the cancelled cruises, but I'm still nervous due to all of the ridiculousness we've encountered over the past 16 months! 

• Like 1

We can more or less say it took 15+ months to get fcc this week. Trying to use it fell under every newer cancel policy with lesser favorable terms.  So much for it would be 60 days and barely any restrictions.

Only positive was it seemed they would offer refund before end of year if asked.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well after all the rigmarole to get the FCC, we had booked a cruise on the MSC Opera from Dubai. Today, MSC emailed me that our cruise is canceled. They have another ship in Dubai and didn't even offer us a cabin on that ship. MSC sucks at everything they do!

On 10/7/2021 at 5:53 PM, notme2012 said:

Well after all the rigmarole to get the FCC, we had booked a cruise on the MSC Opera from Dubai. Today, MSC emailed me that our cruise is canceled. They have another ship in Dubai and didn't even offer us a cabin on that ship. MSC sucks at everything they do!

Did you have a repo cruise or one of the 7 day ones?  I have some friends who booked the 7 days in Europe and they were offered to transfer to Virtuosa.  Mine was the repo unfortunately, so nothing for me lol.

On 10/9/2021 at 1:01 AM, Wor1dTrave11er said:

Did you have a repo cruise or one of the 7 day ones?  I have some friends who booked the 7 days in Europe and they were offered to transfer to Virtuosa.  Mine was the repo unfortunately, so nothing for me lol.

No it was Middle Eastern cruise only.