Realistic debarkation time NOLA

noahsark99

In other homeports I know I can easily get off the ship (carrying my own luggage) as early as 7:30am.  NOLA shows ship arrival time as 8:00am. Just wanting to know if it’s possible to make a 10:45am flight?  We probably aren’t going to chance it, but just wanting to get opinions. Thanks! 

Based on past experience, ships usually arrive around 5:00 a.m. Factoring in customs, etc., disembarkation should begin by 8:00. There is not much traffic on weekends, so a 10:45 flight should work.

First off with luggage is key here.  The two-lane access road becomes clogged with arrival as well as departure traffic by 10am.  And the terminal isn't big enough for the disembark and embark crowds each crossing each other.  I was sorry I waited until later last time and next time will get off early even if I don't need to.

Look at the port scheduled and see if there is another ship in port and what time. That adds to the traffic and congestion.

With an 8am schedule you should see self-disembark starting 7:30 or 7:45.  If you are ready and move quickly you should be through customs and off the ship by 8:30, and in a cab or whatever 8:30-9:00.  That's arriving airport 9:10-9:40.  So about an hour prior to flight time. Good chance, but if anything goes long no room for delay.

• 3 months later...