Question about booking AIDA online from UK

ighten

Using the translator everything seems very simple until you get to entering your details - It seems impossible to enter a UK phone number as it doesnt appear in the options at all? Am I missing something

I realise this is a very slow forum area so i'll update my own experience..

So using MS Edge as a Browser everything on Aida.de translated automatically with no problems. Re the Phone numbers I asked on Twitter and got an immediate response to basically enter 00000s for postcode and anything else that did not work as you can change it later..

There are two weird errors though in the system  -- for some reason Great Britain and Greenland share the same dropdown line when you choose country - you can tell its a typo error by analysing how the web page was done (someone forgot put a  comma between the two countries and it uses commas to seperate them) -- A similar error occurs when you add your details to the manifest - though in this case its because its listed as great britain but when clicked turns into United (the system doesnt seem to allow two words in a country so the Kingdom part is missing)

A slightly ammusing error(in this case caused by MS Edge translate)  occurs when you enter your name as Herr is translated as Lord and Frau becomes Woman.. So Im now a Lord travelling with my Woman

Booking went fine though oddly you dont actually pay anything at this stage - seems to be a German protocol that an invoice must be offered first..

After 1 night "My Aida" opened up and the invoice is there ..I was able to see my account - link it to Aida Club - change all the phone numbers postcodes and other errors to the correct ones (again Edge translated fine with no issues) -- I could now pay my deposit - get confirmation and fill in the ship manifest/passport/etc etc details with our details...   Emails off course come in German but are easily translated - though as they are often with attached pdf  you have to through them into google translate as Edge doesnt seem to recognize a PDF to translate..

I had a look at some menu PDFs from the ships restaurants website and confirmed that MS Translate on the phone works simply by taking a picture of the text (though to be fair its mainly classic french style descriptions so its easy to work out yourself)

Looking forward to a new adventure lol

Edited by ighten