Sneaky L&S - Can you do this?

1 hour ago, little britain said:

If you use the l&s website and enter just one alternative option... what happens next... do they automatically move you or do they come back saying “that’s ok - do you want to go ahead”? 

In all the L&S’s that I have done I have only ever entered one option.  You are automatically moved to that option, no phone call to confirm.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

5 hours ago, molly361 said:

They will automatically move you if that sailing has availability- they assign you a stateroom in your category which you can call and change once the shifting is done

Just check your confirmation carefully.  I shifted an owner's suite and I was assigned a junior suite (had to call to straighten out).

• Like 1

Take note to really check over your new confirmations. After doing a number of Lift&Shifts, I found that on one of my new confirmations the price paid for my original cruise had gone up.  After pointing out to my TA - they fixed this.

Before doing L&S I had cross-checked with my TA & made note of what the tax/port fees would be for the new cruises.  Confirmed these numbers with another on-line agency website too.  But on the new confirmations for three of them the tax/port fees were even higher - to the tune of $210 higher.   Pointed this out to my TA - he went back & changed them.

So always do a double-check!

NJ 

• Like 1

I notice on the lift and shift online form that the Tarvel Agency details are included.   I would like to do the lift and shift myself online without the TA getting involved **.    Is this allowed or does the TA have to do the change.  Anyone gone down this route.

**this is because the TA is in the US and working by email only for UK customers, eg they do accept calls or call the UK and my last interaction with them took around 10 days waiting for replies to emails** This would be getting close to the L & S end date ans my nerves would be shot waiting.

Edited by sean of the seas
extra content

2 hours ago, sean of the seas said:

I notice on the lift and shift online form that the Tarvel Agency details are included.   I would like to do the lift and shift myself online without the TA getting involved **.    Is this allowed or does the TA have to do the change.  Anyone gone down this route.

**this is because the TA is in the US and working by email only for UK customers, eg they do accept calls or call the UK and my last interaction with them took around 10 days waiting for replies to emails** This would be getting close to the L & S end date ans my nerves would be shot waiting.

Yes, guests booked through a TA can submit their own L&S.  once completed the notification goes to your TA and if you then want to change staterooms it must be your TA that completes it.  

Btw...Even since making the booking for 2021 this past weekend (i.e. the cruise to be lifted and sifted), I've noticed the price keeps rising.  Royal must know that people book the cheaper cruise only for the purpose of lifting and sifting...Plus the fact that 2021 cruises are getting booked in place of 2020.

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes, guests booked through a TA can submit their own L&S.  once completed the notification goes to your TA and if you then want to change staterooms it must be your TA that completes it.  

Thank you for the info.

I have booked then used the L & S for  3 November 2020  cheap cruises I am tempted to do another 3 for April 2021 to L & S to 2022 as the prices are crazy cheap.   Don't want blackballing by Royal for abusing the L & S offer.  Any thoughts on this .

5 minutes ago, sean of the seas said:

Thank you for the info.

I have booked then used the L & S for  3 November 2020  cheap cruises I am tempted to do another 3 for April 2021 to L & S to 2022 as the prices are crazy cheap.   Don't want blackballing by Royal for abusing the L & S offer.  Any thoughts on this .

I have booked several cheap 2020 early 2021 cruises and shifted them no problems.  Booked a few well priced on the NV 3/4 nights and shifted to Mariner  The program must be designed for people to do so.  If not they would have limited shifting to cruises that had already been booked

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, JillK said:

Just read on twitter that Royal is extending L&S to September 30th so the pressure is off to make a move over the next week. 

1 minute ago, sandebeach said:

Yes, just read about it on a FB blog. 

Thanks.  Thought I just saw something on FB too.  Good news.  Means i can monitor the price for a little while longer before lifting and sifting (although will probably only go up)

• Like 1

L&S Question:   Will RCCL approve a Freedom of the Seas cruise (7 night Southern Caribbean cruise departing from San Juan in March 2021— Lift Cruise) to a Symphony of the Seas Cruise (7 night Western Caribbean departing from Miami in March 2022 —  Shift Cruise)?  Both cruises will have the same stateroom category.

55 minutes ago, Dennis#1 said:

L&S Question:   Will RCCL approve a Freedom of the Seas cruise (7 night Southern Caribbean cruise departing from San Juan in March 2021— Lift Cruise) to a Symphony of the Seas Cruise (7 night Western Caribbean departing from Miami in March 2022 —  Shift Cruise)?  Both cruises will have the same stateroom category.

Yes, that is  an acceptable shift If you do it using the on line tool.  If you call the reps may not allow it. 

Another L & S question 

I have done 3 lift and shifts all booked with a TA using the Senior 30% discount.

I have now seen another 3 cruises I want to apply a L & S to. I noticed that the lowest price offered is a group rate, having never booked a group rate I wondered is a booking using a group rate eligible for the lift and shift offer.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, sean of the seas said:

Another L & S question 

I have done 3 lift and shifts all booked with a TA using the Senior 30% discount.

I have now seen another 3 cruises I want to apply a L & S to. I noticed that the lowest price offered is a group rate, having never booked a group rate I wondered is a booking using a group rate eligible for the lift and shift offer.

Thanks.

Yes, group rates are eligible 

On 7/23/2020 at 11:58 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes, group rates are eligible 

Whilst group rates are eligible be warned that the TA does not complete the booking with RCCL until the group is fully sold.  I have just found his out whilst trying to lift and shift cruises I booked this week on group rates.  The online form shows the cruise booking is on hold and not available to L & S.  I hope L & S gets extended beyond August 1st as I can't see all three groups filling up this week. 

12 minutes ago, sean of the seas said:

Whilst group rates are eligible be warned that the TA does not complete the booking with RCCL until the group is fully sold.  I have just found his out whilst trying to lift and shift cruises I booked this week on group rates.  The online form shows the cruise booking is on hold and not available to L & S.  I hope L & S gets extended beyond August 1st as I can't see all three groups filling up this week. 

Lift and shift has been extended to September 30

1 hour ago, sean of the seas said:

That has not been my experience.   I have been able to shift many of my clients bookings that were in groups (not fully sold)

What I think you are seeing is that the booking is still saying "offered" instead of "booked" even though it is deposited.  In FIT reservations this change is automatic when a deposit is made.  In groups it is a manual process that can take days to weeks but if you call the groups department they can change the status for you so that you are able to shift the booking.

57 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That has not been my experience.   I have been able to shift many of my clients bookings that were in groups (not fully sold)

What I think you are seeing is that the booking is still saying "offered" instead of "booked" even though it is deposited.  In FIT reservations this change is automatic when a deposit is made.  In groups it is a manual process that can take days to weeks but if you call the groups department they can change the status for you so that you are able to shift the booking.

You are correct  it does say offered.  I will email the TA on Monday

"if you call the groups department they can change the status for you so that you are able to shift the booking."  Is the groups department at the TA or RCCL . Thanks

2 minutes ago, sean of the seas said:

You are correct  it does say offered.  I will email the TA on Monday

"if you call the groups department they can change the status for you so that you are able to shift the booking."  Is the groups department at the TA or RCCL . Thanks

Your TA must call the groups department at Royal.