Future Cruise Credit. Not able to use the balance left over until after the booked cruise.

I agree. At the time my 2nd cruise got cancelled I opted for a refund.

At the time  the fcc could only be used toward the balance. I'm like wait, I have a cruise booked for 950, solo, one fees and taxes. 530 for group deposit  so 420 only could be used toward balance. It would take me 5 cruises that I'd paid deposits to use up fcc, then they said you cant use left overs from the 2 on the same cruise, so then I have to book 6 cruises .    What if my feb b2b gets cancelled.

I took bikers advice and got the refund. I do realise now you can use fcc toward deposits.rcl must have gotten the message they were making fcc so hard to use people asked for refunds.

And I find it ridiculous to keep changing the rules.

On carnival if you have leftovers, up to $500 you get it as obc. Anyone surprised carnival prices going up and rcl, struggling. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just doesn't make sense. They have your money and you can only use the credit to buy their cruise. Why is this complication in there? It prevents me booking more cruises. Just encourages a refund like you say. Someone needs to grip this and sort it at Royal Caribbean. Insane.

When I got my first fcc I was told all of it could be applied to cruisefare only. So I went out and booked cruises where the cruisefare equalled the 2 fcc amounts when this first started. Put down deposits as many here advised witn the assumption I would get refunded any amount over and above the fees and taxes. 

Then after I made deposits they said  oh  new rules you can only apply to the balance  now.. then the next change and the next. 

I feel if there rules are one way when you book rcl should honor them.  In the beginning they were also allowing some cases of more than one fcc applied, depending on who you called, then they said nope, not any more. 

I had to read cc weekly fo keep up with ffc rule changes none of which they send out to the poor consumer 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Thequietone said:

Agree. Kinda goes against the spirit of the thing and seems to be a back covering exercise for RCI. May just take the refund and save the fooling around.

And dont forget if you book a lot, you cant get the leftover fcc returned as a new fcc until after you return from the first cruise  say 45 days if lucky, and have to get it before final payment is due on the next cruise you want to apply it to.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Thequietone said:

If you use a FCC voucher to book a cruise and have a balance, your outstanding balance can not be used until after that cruise? Seems nuts.

Yes that is true. And yes, it seems nuts. And rephrase that as "until after you come back from the cruise you used the FCC on, assuming that one doesn't get cancelled, and a new FCC is generated with the remainder, in who knows how many months after you come back from the cruise."

Edited by Arzeena

8 hours ago, Thequietone said:

Makes no sense. What is in it for RCI?

You actually can use it for a second cruise before the first one gets back.  Say you had a cruise in a March and another one in April.  You can call and request that it be applied to both cruises at final payment date. They are making these exceptions.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We took a refund for our May cruise that was canceled and used Lift & Shift to move our November Cruise to November 2021 because we had a great rate. The restrictions on the future cruise credits seemed like too much of a hassle based on many comments posted.

• Like 1

I had an FCC last year and used part of it toward an upgrade on an already booked sailing.  There was $369 of the FCC remaining and I was advised I could apply that to another sailing after the first one was completed.  When trying to use it after that first sailing, RCCL claimed I didn't have anything remaining.  Regardless of the written confirmations I offered, I ended up losing that.   No more FCC for me. 😬

It is confusing, I just wish they would set up a booking number with the total on and you can keep using it until it's all used up.

Maybe they rely on people using part of it and then forgetting to keep track of it.

• Like 1

After nearly 60 days, we finally got our 100$ deposit refund for our September shorty out of Galveston, and a couple days ago received our 200$ Next Cruise Certificate we used on Oct. Liberty cruise back with deadline to use it till Dec. 31, 2021.  Then I  went to RCCL website and down to the green piggy and used the codes they gave me to apply that 200$ NCC to the cruise we booked for January 2021, a super deal half the price of the October Liberty cruise we cxd.  So we are 500$ to the good for the January cruise and will have a balance of only 400+$ by the payment due date in November.  They were promoting this cruise and we sure got a fantastic price, unbelievable even!  This was a great deal that only took a little patience and some monitoring by me to make sure they were expediting the refunds.  All in all, I think they did a great job on it considering the pandemic.  Now if only the vaccine shows up before January.  I'm gambling on it, but I think it's doable and that the cruise will ship out as planned.  I will be on the super list as I have a couple of pre-existing conditions that are considered Covid risk.  I figure  I will have preferential treatment to get the vaccine because of this.  I am optimistic!  And soooooo ready to cruise!  We've been moving to another state and building a new home since last September, still working on it haven't moved in yet...so we'll definitely need a break ASAP!

As far as the Caribbean closing, I don't think this area can withstand it for very long, there won't be an economy without the tourists.  I think they will be rescinding this before too long.  These folks are starving already.

15 hours ago, lovelife said:

I had an FCC last year and used part of it toward an upgrade on an already booked sailing.  There was $369 of the FCC remaining and I was advised I could apply that to another sailing after the first one was completed.  When trying to use it after that first sailing, RCCL claimed I didn't have anything remaining.  Regardless of the written confirmations I offered, I ended up losing that.   No more FCC for me. 😬

I think you need to escalate this to resolutions and stand firm.  Doesn't make sense that you wouldn't have that coming to you.  There are so many new agents and many not trained well and I think you just need to go up the chain of command to talk to someone who is savvy.  I have sometimes resorted to speaking to 3 or more agents until I am satisfied I finally have someone who really knows their stuff.....keep trying, but ask for a resolutions manager next time.

On 7/20/2020 at 8:29 AM, firefly333 said:

When I got my first fcc I was told all of it could be applied to cruisefare only. So I went out and booked cruises where the cruisefare equalled the 2 fcc amounts when this first started. Put down deposits as many here advised witn the assumption I would get refunded any amount over and above the fees and taxes. 

Then after I made deposits they said  oh  new rules you can only apply to the balance  now.. then the next change and the next. 

I feel if there rules are one way when you book rcl should honor them.  In the beginning they were also allowing some cases of more than one fcc applied, depending on who you called, then they said nope, not any more. 

I had to read cc weekly fo keep up with ffc rule changes none of which they send out to the poor consumer 

I have to agree those FCCs were a nightmare. I think part of the problem was that in the beginning people were under the impression that cruising would be starting up in June and just rebooked only to be canceled again and then there were those who were gaming the system who booked cruises that they know would be canceled just to get the 125% FCC.  RCL changed the rules to soot themselves. 

AS cruising keeps getting pushed out further and further in the year I wonder if they are going to do an extension on the expiration date. 

New York just added 10 more states to the quarantine list and they fined bar owners on Long Island for not following the guide lines. In Astoria Queens they shut down a bar for lack of masks, being over crowded and not social distancing. It won't be long until we are back to square one because of these kids partying and bar owners not taking control.