Bahamas Ban US Residents

llawrence

58 minutes ago, mom says said:

Hard to think with a mask on? What twaddle. Do you think all those doctors and nurses wearing masks for hours at a time suddenly develop mental impairment when they put them on? Then heaven help us all.

Hard to breathe with a mask on? Sorry, but unless you have a respiratory impairment severe enough to require supplemental O2, then it's all in your head. I watched a news item last night where an Intensive Care doctor had his oxygen saturation levels monitored while wearing cotton, surgical, and N95 masks. None caused a drop in 02 levels compared to his baseline. When he wore all 3 types AT ONCE, his sats dropped from 100% to 99%. So that excuse doesn't wash. If you need supplemental 02 because of respiratory disease, then nasal prongs fit under any mask with no problem.

Glasses fog up? Get a mask with a wire or metal strip at the nose. Problem solved.

Are masks annoying or uncomfortable to wear? Yes, for some they are. Guess what? I find bras uncomfortable to wear; but I wear them out if courtesy to the people who have to be around me when I'm not at home. Lots of things can be uncomfortable, but grownups comply because it's the right thing to do.

Glad you agree about masks being annoying and uncomfortable.

You  have alot to say about my actual experiences..btw shared by  quite a few

others.

Don't need excuses b/c I follow the rules , have appropriate masks ( disposable)  and  mostly stay home..babysitting a newborn.

Glad you are not my mom.!  My mom was not judgmental!

Hello all, me reads that there are some of us on the slippery slope of politics.... in this forum, currently.

While not blatant, it is heading there...

Can we get back to the threads topic about the Bahamas?

bon voyage

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Hello all, me reads that there are some of us on the slippery slope of politics.... in this forum, currently.

While not blatant, it is heading there...

Can we get back to the threads topic about the Bahamas?

bon voyage

In his address announcing the travel ban, the Bahamian Prime Minister noted that his country (unlike many others) requires mask-wearing in public.

If mask use is relevant to the Bahamian government, it's relevant to this thread.

37 minutes ago, DaveSJ711 said:

In his address announcing the travel ban, the Bahamian Prime Minister noted that his country (unlike many others) requires mask-wearing in public.

If mask use is relevant to the Bahamian government, it's relevant to this thread.

You are quite correct, provided responses address the PM's comments and NOT peripheral topics.

Of course this is just my opinion and experience from a few previous threads which were either locked or deleted, it may not be yours and I understand accordingly.

bon voyage

• Like 2

Nassau  was never a great a port stop.

( rough snorkeling, , pushy vendors). but we always managed to do something  there . Royal C seemed to stop there fairly often.  Did a few excursions, plus  a day pass to the Hilton, and  we wanted to try  an Atlantis  excursion next time.

We have enjoyed  Sandals Royal Bahamian as a land based trip,  and were thinking of Sandals  Emerald Bay, (golf) in the future  .

Can't change the decision or the rules....just part of a developing trend .

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

You are quite correct, provided responses address the PM's comments and NOT peripheral topics.

Of course this is just my opinion and experience from a few previous threads which were either locked or deleted, it may not be yours and I understand accordingly.

bon voyage

Thank you for trying to keep this on track.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

bon voyage

Here's a link to the PM's address.  https://opm.gov.bs/national-address/

The PM didn't mention the U.S. by name, nor did he single out Florida for its dismal response to the pandemic (even though it's the state closest to the Bahamas).  He alluded, however, to the fact that hospitals are overwhelmed and deaths are increasing "in neighboring countries."  He also said:  "While there are countries that continue to make progress, such progress can be reversed because of what is happening in neighboring and other countries.  Progress can also be reversed because of how citizens and residents within countries are following or ignoring health guidelines."