When do you realistically expect to cruise again?

kangforpres

I'm still hopeful for our April, 2021 California Coastal on Princess. I'm still thinking some vaccines will be ready by early 2021, therapeutic treatments will continue to improve and people will get smarter and there will be more mask wearing.

Now what the cruise in April 2021 will actually be like is a different subject.

Stay Safe, 

Paul

Considering the covid-19 situation, and that there seems to be no significant progress to subdue it world-wide, I don't know that I even can realistically expect to cruise again. 
My two booked cruises, for October '20 and August '21 have both been canceled by HAL, and I wasn't sure the August '21 cruise was going to be viable for me anyway. 

I fully expect it is going to take at least until the fall of '21 before I would consider cruising, and then there would have to be a decent itinerary to get me aboard. 

• Like 3

Absolutely no idea.  How can we when neither an effective, safe vaccine or script is available?    Pick  date.

Maybe late 21,  perhaps some time in 22.

Two things for certain...there must be a vaccine AND we definitely will not be among the first post vaccine or post covid cruisers.  We will wait.

Edited by iancal

For HAL or US cruises? I don’t bet.  But cruising has resumed just not for US citizens or out of US ports.  But on a positive not I Have booked several cruises for the Fall of 2021.  My glass stays at least half full most days.  And the latest announcement of a U.K. vaccine maybe by the fall?  One can only hope. Be safe, wear masks!  

• Like 1

For now I just keep kicking the can down the road. I have either canceled, moved, or had canceled for me by the cruise lines 4 cruises so far, spanning April 2020 to January 2021.  I have a May 2021 cruise on one of Hurtigruten's expedition ships which will sail with fewer pax than allotted, so likely only 200 folks aboard. It may go or it may not... 

I also have a late September 2021 BTB Med sailing that I have some hopes for.

I predict a vaccine for widespread distribution will be available in the last quarter of 2021.  When that's available cruising as we knew it will resume, with maybe a few changes.  Of course the virus could spontaneously combust on its own before then.

I have a river cruise booked for December 2021 so I'm hoping I get to go.  

2021. I have a December 2020 cruise with Celebrity but don't realistically expect that one to happen.  After that will be (maybe) an April 2021 Pacific Coastal, I have a little hope for that one.  But the ones I really hope happen will be September and October 2021 in the Med. I worry that if cruises don't start at least by the end of 2021, there won't be any cruise lines to sail. 😞 

I don't see us cruising anytime in the foreseeable future.  There has to be a vaccine and there has to be an effective virus prevention and management process readily available on cruise ships.  And I won't be one of the first people in line for a vaccine.

If a cruise is so dangerous that it requires masking/distancing protocols, then it is too dangerous to cruise.  No cruising for us as long as these masking/distancing protocols are in place.

Edited by RocketMan275
  • Like 6

We've had 8 HAL cruises canceled from March 2020 through August 2021 for a total of 118 days. We have two more still on the books with HAL for May/June 2021 in the eastern Med, but I give them a 25% shot at happening because it has a lot of port days and covers a number of countries. I don't think Europe and the Mid East (ALL of the countries involved) will be allowing multiple stop cruising that by that time, especially for US residents.  I don't see us being on a ship until 1/2022 at the earliest. Meantime, it's going to be land travel by car.

• Like 1

It’s ALL speculation at this point.Two cancelled  Already and have cruises booked from November of this year through early 2022. Five different sailings- but  no one knows. Why speculate?  It happens when it happens. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

We have a lot of free days left this year and will go back on a cruise ship as soon as we can.
Here in Europe the first cruises will start this month - 3-7 days only sea days.
I am sure if these cruise work out, they will start cruising all over Europe.
And as soon there are cruises with stops again we will be on a ship.
But I think in the US it will takes some days longer....
We hope some countries will open there borders and if not with a cruise ship, we will rent a camper and travel :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I moved a July 2020 Ocean cruise to July 2021.  I then have a Europe River Cruise and another Ocean Cruise booked for Septermber/October 2021.  The final booked River Cruise is September 2023.

At one time, I felt pretty positive that I would be on a cruise ship in 2021.  Now, I don't know. 

I won't be first in line for a vaccine or for boarding any sort of ship until I feel more confident that I am safe.