When do you realistically expect to cruise again?

kangforpres

8 minutes ago, howiefrommd said:

That is actually the logo for the University of Maryland School of Medicine

Really?  Maybe I could create a fake diploma using the logo and become "Dr. rkacruiser".  

I did well in my Comparative Anatomy class in college.  I am proficient with frog dissections.  

Maybe my business card could read:  Covid-19 removals at a reasonable price.  (Discounts provided for those past guests of Holland America Line.)  🤣

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I did well in my Comparative Anatomy class in college.  I am proficient with frog dissections.  

Whoa!  I need new glasses.   I thought you typed "competitive" Anatomy.  Which caused a double take  😉

5 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Really?  Maybe I could create a fake diploma using the logo and become "Dr. rkacruiser".  

Maybe my business card could read:  Covid-19 removals at a reasonable price.  (Discounts provided for those past guests of Holland America Line.)  🤣

I love the wording of your proposed business card!

• Like 1

Well I'm starting to think a half empty ship with every other table closed in the MDR and every other slot machine turned off and only 1/3 capacity for BB Kings would be doable.

I know some have said they still have a reservation for a cruise in Nov or Dec 2020 and hadn't given up hope yet. Well with the Ban being pushed to 10/31/20 and what has been the early results from the heavily watched restart of European cruises I don't think anyone is getting on a cruise originating in the USA until at least 02/01/21 at the earliest.

Stay Safe,

Paul

I enjoy the optimistic attitude(s) of folks posting regarding future HAL cruises. Good for you one and all.

With all the extra FC credits being provided by HAL, aka the ‘sweeteners’ (free gratuities, booze and dinners) & reduced deposits  & reduction of final payments works out well.

BTW, I’ve always enjoyed HAL but Me thinks the survival of the line , and others, is rather problematic at this point in time..   

I hope I’m wrong.

Be well & enjoy past sailing memories.

Bob

• Like 1

Had scheduled a South America cruise for 11/13/2020, but reconsidered and cancelled it yesterday.  We now have plans of maybe November 2022.  Both of us are 74 with underlying conditions.  If a miracle vaccine appears early next year we can always reschedule for November 2021 but I'm not holding my breath.  Hopefully we can just tour around the U.S. next year.