CL/SL future when cruising returns.

3 minutes ago, Ashland said:

My post #43 answered this...but thanks for your input.

In post 43 you are wrong though, D and D+ certainly have not "earned" the right to enter a SL where the cruisers have possibly paid 10x more for their cabins. Those in suites

have paid for the perks and some of those perks are better than what D+ get whether you like it or not.

With the cruise lines in dire financial need there will be way more pay for more play coming as well. 

You're welcome. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

When I want a suite experience it’s NCL Haven or MSC Yacht Club certainly not a RCL ship. 

Glad that works for you but as far as us personally I'll stick with the familiarity of RCI & X.

5 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

In post 43 you are wrong though, D and D+ certainly have not "earned" the right to enter a SL where the cruisers have possibly paid 10x more for their cabins. Those in suites

have paid for the perks and some of those perks are better than what D+ get whether you like it or not.

With the cruise lines in dire financial need there will be way more pay for more play coming as well. 

You're welcome. 

I was referring to the CL in my #43....sorry you misunderstood my point. 

I do book GS's or above....actually it's a lot more OS's now. I don't care that I've paid more for my suite and have no problem with  loyal D+'s being wherever they want to be regardless of their cabin category...it makes no difference to me.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I said they had the same set up.      Not saying all are the same location, 

They  GENERALLY  have the  same amenities. When we've bothered to look,  offered drinks are the same, coffee machine in both,  appetizers are the same,  continental breakfast is the same.

The whole conversation is about the CL.  If there is no CL on a ship, then there is nothing to discuss. 

M

Really don't need to argue. I just read your statement as saying many DL's are nicer than CL's.

"In fact, many DL are much larger  than CL and have a nicer view  ( Grandeur comes to mind)."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I was referring to the CL in my #43....sorry you misunderstood my point. 

I do book GS's or above....actually it's a lot more OS's now. I don't care that I've paid more for my suite and have no problem with  loyal D+'s being wherever they want to be regardless of their cabin category...it makes no difference to me.

Ok, my apologies.  I just get sick and tired of people who only ever book inside cabins and don't spend an extra dime onboard who moan about their freebies not being enough. 

Edited by Mapleleafforever
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Glad that works for you but as far as us personally I'll stick with the familiarity of RCI & X.

I’ve been cruising with RCL since 1970 “Song of Norway” but not loyal to any particular cruise line. I enjoy going on new ships & having different experiences. You should definitely give the Haven & YC a try & see what they offer.  Only reason I cruise RCL now is convenience of home ports in NE. Wish MSC didn’t cancel their NYC cruises for 2020 & 2021 had B2B’s booked for each year. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Harmony DL deck 4 dungeon for the biggest ship just doesn't seem right.

Same with Symphony and still crowded. Nice to have overflow attached.

By the way, the deck 4 DL is bigger than the original DL on Oasis and Allure.  And that one was just as much a dungeon. 

3 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Ok, my apologies.  I just get sick and tired of people who only ever book inside cabins and don't spend an extra dime onboard who moan about their freebies not being enough. 

We've been cruising since the mid 1980's and have never booked an inside cabin...and out of all those only a few were balconies...most have been JS's but we quickly moved up to GS's and above.

Thanks so much for your apology...something very rare on these boards.

Happy, healthy & safe cruising to you

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ashland said:

We’ve done 2, 14 day cruises on MSC Seaside in a Yacht Club ocean view suite and they are our all time favorite cruises, out of the 47 we’ve taken. We done one 14 day cruise on the Allure, in a Grand Suite, and would gladly do it again, for the right price. We’ve done one 14 day cruise on Celebrity Equinox, in a Sky Suite, and though it was nice, it was way too expensive, well over $125 p.p. Per day than the other two. We had to try it because of all the rave reviews we’ve read. Nice but not in the same league as the other two. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

Same with Symphony and still crowded. Nice to have overflow attached.

By the way, the deck 4 DL is bigger than the original DL on Oasis and Allure.  And that one was just as much a dungeon. 

I remember when we sailed on Allure the Diamond lounge location in Sept 2015 was replaced on Harmony when we sailed on her in May 2016 by Wonderland restaurant.

Edited by grapau27

4 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Loyalty is lost on me? Good one! 

m

Apparently other's loyalty is....Easy for some to look down on those that aren't yet P's.

Hope you're not one of those.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Look at MSC Yacht Club. That is one of the best deals out there in more ways than one. A ship within a ship.

They even give you a special level transfer from RCI to their loyalty club. 

Do your research and let us know. Been there and done that. 

Edited by Oxo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

Well then how would "Marci" feel if she could only use the DL going forward if she didn't book a suite ? Would she feel the loss of what she has worked toward with her loyalty?

I am not defined by the name of a particular lounge. Luckily it is not a big deal to me.  If I wanted wanted to sit in a loyalty lounge and the option was a D lounge or a lounge of any name, then that is where I’ll sit.   The lounges basically offer the same amenities.   I would not feel I had lost anything - I still have access to a lounge. 

I don’t need a choice if two lounges. 

M

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

You're welcome. 

Diamonds originally had CL access taken away and until recently D+ had CL access which has apparently been taken away although we had CL Access as D+ on Explorer in October 2019.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I remember when we sailed on Allure the Diamond lounge location in Sept 2015 was replaced on Harmony when we sailed on her in May 2016 by Wonderland restaurant.

I think I know what you are saying but Harmony or Symphony never had the DL on the upper decks. DL always on Deck 4. Now Oasis replaced the DL with cabins and moved the DL down to deck 4. You got lucky with Allure since Amp was cancelled for now. Not sure that upper deck will remain the DL or move it down to Deck 4 like her sisters. 

M8

Just now, cruisegirl1 said:

I am not defined by the name of a particular lounge. Luckily it is not a big deal to me.  If I wanted wanted to sit in a loyalty lounge and the option was a D lounge or a lounge of any name, then that is where I’ll sit.   The lounges basically offer the same amenities.   I would not feel I had lost anything - I still have access to a lounge. 

I don’t need a choice if two lounges. 

M

It's not a big deal to me either but having the option was always nice...It's usually more about the location and even at times the staff that can make a difference.

37 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

Really don't need to argue. I just read your statement as saying many DL's are nicer than CL's.

"In fact, many DL are much larger  than CL and have a nicer view  ( Grandeur comes to mind)."

Independence DL has great views and outside sitting area too.

Graham

IMG_20190525_145256.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ashland said:

"Earned what" !!!......You have no idea of the total costs I've spent on RCI since the mid 1980's...Loyalty should be what I earned!

I have no concern that you "don't see the issue" I wouldn't expect you to.

Yes - you have earned loyalty.  The cruise line offers a variety of benefits to passengers based on the their loyalty  level.   Thought the years, at least since our first cruise  in 1998, we've seen a number of benefits come and go. RCCL rewards loyalty nicely.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Too much of a good thing. Too many numbers now. 

M8

Although we were eligible for CL access as D+ for several cruises we went to the DL and Explorer was the first time we used the CL regularly.

• Like 1