If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

My answer would be no. While I am not anti vaccine in anyway my whole family is up to date on all vaccines I think they are just rushing this one to much. While I understand the need for the rush it really makes me nervous. There is no way to know long term side effects to so early on. 

• Like 46
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, shorti503 said:

My answer would be no. While I am not anti vaccine in anyway my whole family is up to date on all vaccines I think they are just rushing this one to much. While I understand the need for the rush it really makes me nervous. There is no way to know long term side effects to so early on. 

Serious question - not being snarky.  What happens if you become ill with C19 - how do you know what the long term side effects of that might be?  There are no guarantees on that either.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

I will be first in line for the vaccine. Heck, I’ve volunteering (or trying to volunteer) for any study that will take me. Has zero to do with cruising however. 

Note, I’m normally anti anti-vaccine. But I agree this will be rushed. While I think it is everybody’s civic duty to get vaccinated, I fully understand why someone might want to be at the back of the line. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RETNAVY1996 said:

I look at it this way.  For the vaccine I would have to stand in line and get it, if I catch the virus then the big guy upstairs decided I should have it.  

Maybe the big guy didn’t want you to get it and helped get the vaccine out to protect you. 

• Like 9

56 minutes ago, mek said:

... if you become ill with C19 - how do you know what the long term side effects of that might be?  There are no guarantees on that either.

Exactly.  Research in Spain is currently showing neurological problems developing in over 50% of Corona-virus patients. Covid-19 will become a major 'pre-existing condition'. 

I have 100% confidence in the Oxford University / Astra Zenica vaccine that is moving forward at an amazing pace as I have followed that one most closely. They will not release a vaccine that is not safe. I will get it the first chance I can. 

https://english.elpais.com/science_tech/2020-07-17/over-half-of-coronavirus-hospital-patients-in-spain-have-developed-neurological-problems-studies-show.html

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

If it means I don't have to wear a mask I would.  At this point I will do just about anything to not have to wear a mask.

I would do just about anything to be able to spend time with my grandson, hug and kiss him, and have him over for an extended visit.  If that means I get a vaccine, then I get a vaccine - no second thoughts or hesitations.

• Like 6