If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

On 3/11/2021 at 7:57 AM, CILCIANRQTS said:

Because it’s a trendy vanity item.

Every person that eats it spends the next 3 months bragging about it to their friends!

To put it in cruising terms, it’s like paying $800 to rent a small tent - sorry..cabana - on a private island. Most are not doing it for the shelter, they’re buying bragging rights for the next 3 years every time they talk about their cruise.

There are plenty of us who don’t eat red meat for health reasons but enjoy impossible or beyond meat.  It has nothing to do with what you’ve posted.  

Yes we would love to cruise again if vaccinations were required!  We are probably in the minority that would also prefer that masks be required for the time being.  It's a novel virus and guidelines from the CDC and other experts will continue to evolve and change as scientists learn more, but our family believes that masks do work. (In our family, the ER doctors, the nurses, and the teachers all rely on masks to be safe and so far, so good.) And, since the vaccinated can still possibly spread the virus, masks would be a small concession to help ensure a covid free cruise!  Especially since it sounds as if any positive case would make the cruise immediately stop.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TraditionalSiamese said:

Yes we would love to cruise again if vaccinations were required!  We are probably in the minority that would also prefer that masks be required for the time being.  It's a novel virus and guidelines from the CDC and other experts will continue to evolve and change as scientists learn more, but our family believes that masks do work. (In our family, the ER doctors, the nurses, and the teachers all rely on masks to be safe and so far, so good.) And, since the vaccinated can still possibly spread the virus, masks would be a small concession to help ensure a covid free cruise!  Especially since it sounds as if any positive case would make the cruise immediately stop.

Agreed.  The morning news today includes a story about post second dose vacccinated NCAA coach in his 60s who is testing positive for Covid and isolating.  We need to apply medical knowledge not reactionary 'I want my freedom' wishful thinking.  Death is final and a mask is not a big deal if on bothers to get used to it. Its like underwear.  As babies we fuss, but then it is just something we wear.

Edited by Pizzasteve
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/11/2021 at 6:59 AM, Ocean Boy said:

Good explanation of why I have never rented one of those tents or eaten an impossible burger.🙂

Ate the impossible burger a Burger King a couple of years ago.  It tasted just like a whopper... which is why I have never ordered it again.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

Ate the impossible burger a Burger King a couple of years ago.  It tasted just like a whopper... which is why I have never ordered it again.  

I've never tried it because I am too frugal (cheap) to spend the extra money in a place that I only go to when I'm desperate.

I've received both shots. I'll wait until CDC gives the okay for domestic and international travel and I can travel without wearing a mask.  Cruising while wearing a mask is a no for me.

Edited by laedw
duplicate - delete
  • Like 3

CDC allows international travels. It requires negative antigen test 3 days before returning to US and being quarantined.

We are doing it later this month.

Unfortunately we are not illegible for shot in our state yet. We will do shots ASAP when illegible. 

Edited by Tatka
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

To see someone walking on the beach wearing a mask without another person within a hundred yards of them make me just shake my head.

It’s like watching a few during Bikeweek riding with a mask on. They don’t wear a helmet but figure a mask protects them more. SMH

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pizzasteve said:

Agreed.  The morning news today includes a story about post second dose vacccinated NCAA coach in his 60s who is testing positive for Covid and isolating.  We need to apply medical knowledge not reactionary 'I want my freedom' wishful thinking.  Death is final and a mask is not a big deal if on bothers to get used to it. Its like underwear.  As babies we fuss, but then it is just something we wear.

You are going to get a kick out of this...........

Woman removes panties to use as a mask

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

To see someone walking on the beach wearing a mask without another person within a hundred yards of them make me just shake my head.

I'm a HUGE proponent of universal masking INDOORS but I agree with you about wearing masks OUTDOORS when no one is anywhere near. I have never worn a mask outdoors but I do stay away from any type of crowds. I always keep my distance from others so there is that.

In our state we need to wear masks outdoors. People mostly follow in Boston, less in suburbs where distance can be kept easily. Well if distance gets smaller people pull up masks.

In Mexican resort we went in November rules were pretty much the same. On the beach people did not wear masks (but workers and vendors did were them)

May be an image of one or more people, people standing, beach and body of water

126003577_10224719610002733_878595519021

I personally prefer to have opportunity to have vacations even though I need to were masks, do all sanitizing and such.

Edited by Tatka

2 minutes ago, Tatka said:

In our state we need to wear masks outdoors. People mostly follow in Boston, less in suburbs where distance can be kept easily. Well if distance gets smaller people pull up masks.

In Mexican resort we went in November rules were pretty much the same. On the beach people did not wear masks (but workers and vendors did were them)

I personally prefer to have opportunity to have vacations even though I need to were masks, do all sanitizing and such.

I can't even imagine having to wear a mask outside.  We can go to the beaches close to home without them and when we go on vacation it will be to places that are no more restrictive then where I live.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I can't even imagine having to wear a mask outside.  We can go to the beaches close to home without them and when we go on vacation it will be to places that are no more restrictive then where I live.

Honestly it is not that difficult at all. We got used to them.

If I have a choice between wearing mask and going on vacation to places I really want to go and not wearing mask and having to choose something else I will pick the first.

We actually thought about driving our new camper van to Florida Keys, but heard it was badly overcrowded with cost exceeding our 5* All Inclusive in Mexico 🙂

So if we do this for All Inclusive which we vowed not to do again since we cruised for the first time in 2003, we for sure will wear them for cruises. I will do anything to cruise again :).  I think cruises will start for vaccinated people without mask though.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Tatka said:

If I have a choice between wearing mask and going on vacation to places I really want to go and not wearing mask and having to choose something else I will pick the first.

We actually thought about driving our new camper van to Florida Keys, but heard it was badly overcrowded with cost exceeding our 5* All Inclusive in Mexico 🙂

So if we do this for All Inclusive which we vowed not to do again since we cruised for the first time in 2003, we for sure will wear them for cruises. I will do anything to cruise again :).  I think cruises will start for vaccinated people without mask though.

We're pretty masked up here in Virginia and I still haven't gotten used to them. BTW, I just got back from the Keys on Sunday. It didn't seem terribly crowded. The bike trail wasn't crowded at all and almost everything is outdoorsy. Our snorkel excursion limited their passengers and it was easy to get distanced on Whale Harbor sandbar! I'm a sucker for hanging out on a sandbar 😁

I can't compare $ to an AI in Mexico since I've never been but I can't imagine it would be that bad staying in a camper. The food and beer wasn't that expensive (though we do love our dive beach bar/restaurants which tend to have better prices). Mostly the hotels/resorts are really expensive but I don't know about camper space. Of course this was not Key West which is likely more expensive (Islamorada and Key Largo trips since COVID). I think coming from Boston the food prices would seem pretty good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HxFx said:

Thank you. Sounds nice.

We got 9 days of all inclusive (food with many different additional evening restaurants included, drinks, tips) with direct flight from Boston for little over $2k for two of us in Iberostar Selection Paraiso Lindo. I think gas, good campgrounds would cost about this amount, but it is still in my plans for later.  🙂

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, HxFx said:

imagine

We were in Key West from 3-2 to 3-10.  It was getting crowded by the time we left.  The police shamed you to wear a mask for about 10 blocks on Duvall Street.  (We always had our masks on there, just watched the show with the tourists).  Other than that.  It was mostly mask free outside.  We had a lot of wind, so I had to crank the heat up in the pool! 😉

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

We were in Key West from 3-2 to 3-10.  It was getting crowded by the time we left.  The police shamed you to wear a mask for about 10 blocks on Duvall Street.  (We always had our masks on there, just watched the show with the tourists).  Other than that.  It was mostly mask free outside.  We had a lot of wind, so I had to crank the heat up in the pool! 😉

The enhanced mask requirement was a contributing factor to not going there. The rest of the Keys are more relaxed and less crowded (except Robbie's in Islamorada!) It was really windy is Islamorada too (3/9-3/14).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HxFx said:

We're pretty masked up here in Virginia and I still haven't gotten used to them. BTW, I just got back from the Keys on Sunday. It didn't seem terribly crowded. The bike trail wasn't crowded at all and almost everything is outdoorsy. Our snorkel excursion limited their passengers and it was easy to get distanced on Whale Harbor sandbar! I'm a sucker for hanging out on a sandbar 😁

Pretty masked up here too on the other side of the Potomac from you. I have gotten used to them except I wear glasses and they fog up in cold weather. You don't have to wear it outdoors if you can social distance and if no one is within 50 ft I pull it down.  If I were not wearing a mask outdoors and was closer around here I would get a lot of dirty looks and evil eyes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tatka said:

Thank you. Sounds nice.

We got 9 days of all inclusive (food with many different additional evening restaurants includeffetd, drinks, tips) with direct flight from Boston for little over $2k for two of us in Iberostar Selection Paraiso Lindo. I think gas, good campgrounds would cost about this amount, but it is still in my plans for later.  🙂

I stayed at that resort.The buffet was great and they kept pouring wine. The grounds were beautiful with Peacocks, Flamingos and those wierd raccoon type animals. It is too large though. I prefered Dreams because it was smaller, did not have to wear wristbands or make reservations and could walk right out to the beach.

Edited by Charles4515
  • Thanks 1

We were in the Keys in October.  Mask law in effect then.  Even then we only wore them to the beach and not on the beach when we were in our chairs.  Sorry but that’s crazy.  Fresh air is good for you.  We avoided the bars which had just opened and opted for eating outside only, hanging out by the pool or beach.  It was a nice get away.

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sad when someone attempts to shame someone for caring about the health of others rather than being a selfish ass who only cares about themselves.

Really cant understand the chest thumping over how brave and manly it is to not wear a mask and thumb your nose at those freedom haters.  Its sad really.  

When I lived in Japan in the 80s people routinely wore masks when bugs were about and thought nothing of it.  Not tough enough to stand a bit of paper or cloth on your face?  Sad really.  Talk about snowflakes. People need to understand how this virus propagates and what the masks are for, but even after a year and half a million Americans dead, more than all wars combined, people dont seem to get it.

Anyway, last post in the thread.  Volunteering to help at vaccine centers tomorrow. Do what you can to be a good citizen.

Edited by Pizzasteve
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/10/2021 at 7:42 AM, Ocean Boy said:

Hey! Your husband needs a job and I own A.A. stock. Please, get on a plane and fly somewhere.

The vacation is over. 😢  He has actually been flying a lot lately. Havana, San Salvador and other places.

12 hours ago, Sky616 said:

agreed.  The sheep have accepted them, some even using them as a fashion statement, God forbid.  To see these kids with them on sitting in the cafeteria eating alone makes  you want to cry.  This **** has gone on long enough.  

Of course it has. That’s because the other sheep aren’t doing their part. Had they been, we would be in a much better place than we are now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tatka said:

Ke West is more expensive than the rest of the Keys, but it also depends on when you were looking at prices. Winter and spring break are definitely going to be more expensive than the summer.

7 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Pretty masked up here too on the other side of the Potomac from you. I have gotten used to them except I wear glasses and they fog up in cold weather. You don't have to wear it outdoors if you can social distance and if no one is within 50 ft I pull it down.  If I were not wearing a mask outdoors and was closer around here I would get a lot of dirty looks and evil eyes. 

I use the tissue method and it works great. Start video at about 1:10.

50 minutes ago, Pizzasteve said:

Sad when someone attempts to shame someone for caring about the health of others rather than being a selfish ass who only cares about themselves.

Really cant understand the chest thumping over how brave and manly it is to not wear a mask and thumb your nose at those freedom haters.  Its sad really.  

When I lived in Japan in the 80s people routinely wore masks when bugs were about and thought nothing of it.  Not tough enough to stand a bit of paper or cloth on your face?  Sad really.  Talk about snowflakes. People need to understand how this virus propagates and what the masks are for, but even after a year and half a million Americans dead, more than all wars combined, people dont seem to get it.

Anyway, last post in the thread.  Volunteering to help at vaccine centers tomorrow. Do what you can to be a good citizen.

Something tells me he knows how the virus propagates more than you do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1