If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

3 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Read something about that this morning. Oncologist was quoted as saying "Coronavirus tunnel vision has caused the biggest cancer crisis in my lifetime. It's a disaster."

Tragic, I'm turning 50 very soon and, at my Dr's urging, did a full screening for men of my age.  Fortunately all came back normal.  People need to put fears aside and take care of themselves.  Responsibly, of course.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pratique said:

Please stop making this personal. The personal attacks are completely unnecessary.

You're right, but after a while it's almost expected.  There's  a teaching in philosophy (argumentum ad hominem) that if you can't win an argument with logic, personally attack your opponent.  In essence, it doesn't reflect on you or me, but the person who says it.

Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

You're right, but after a while it's almost expected.  There's  a teaching in philosophy (argumentum ad hominem) that if you can't win an argument with logic, personally attack your opponent.  In essence, it doesn't reflect on you or me, but the person who says it.

Keep up the good work!

He wouldn't be doing this over a drink in the SL. I'm assuming. Something about the internet brings it out. Maybe it's because there's an audience.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pratique said:

He wouldn't be doing this over a drink in the SL. I'm assuming. Something about the internet brings it out. Maybe it's because there's an audience.

Interesting and true!  We made good friends in the lounge a couple of cruises ago.  We all had fun and had a lot of laughter.  Once we came back and got on the internet, he was a changed person with politically charged and obnoxious comments.  He's the only person I have ever blocked on Facebook, but I'm still FB friends with his wife, a really nice person.

5 hours ago, Pratique said:

Please stop making this personal. The personal attacks are completely unnecessary.

Im sorry.  You are right.  I don’t mean harm - just trying to poke you in the side.  Much is lost on keyboard / we are from diff generations.  

57 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Of course I would.  Much easier to have a debate in person.  

1 hour ago, Vacationdreamer<>< said:

It's just that it is still a really long tunnel and I want out of my state.  😉

Im sorry.  It sucks all around - it could be much worse.  Things feel pretty semi normal where I live minus mask and not being able to pack restaurants.  Our governor has been a solid, realistic leader throughout this so I feel lucky.

I think the most important thing to do is take care of your mental health and overall well being.  Stay off social media (rat poison), don’t watch the mainstream news & get outside and be active.  Exercise and mediation are great hobbies you can do anywhere.  Occupy your mind with positive thoughts and enjoy those around you.   It’s always important to remember that 95% of this country is filled with just normal people who love their families and go about their life like all of us do.  We are all in this together and want to get back to normal.  

• Like 3

On 7/22/2020 at 5:56 AM, PhillyFan33579 said:

Keep in mind no vaccine currently being developed is going to eliminate the possibility of getting COVID-19. 

This makes sense.  If the flu vaccine was perfect, no one would ever get the flu again.  How do we know that there won't be multiple strains of this, like the flu?

1 hour ago, julesbeara said:

When I started this thread, I never expected it would last this long and have so many responses.😮

To answer the original question, I will get the vaccine when available, but I won't be first in line; maybe six weeks or so down the road.

I think all U.S. cruise lines will follow and use the same procedures. No one wants to be the odd man out.

21 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

To answer the original question, I will get the vaccine when available, but I won't be first in line; maybe six weeks or so down the road.

I think all U.S. cruise lines will follow and use the same procedures. No one wants to be the odd man out.

I was selected to participate in the Oxford vax study - wife put her foot down on that one tho and doesn't want me to participate (I don't mess with her - happy wife happy life)  But, I will be first in line when widely available.

And I agree with you - I think all these cruise lines will all follow VERY similar guidelines.  

Good to see the voting seems to reflect the general US population, always some resistant to things that might be good for themselves or the large community.   You see similar % for other choices  about diet, exercise, smoking and other things that are clearly good for you, LOL.

Nothing wrong with what I see of business, school, or other no Mask no service, no different than no shoes/shirt, and we should just add vaccines to that list.

Why is only the US have the most problem with this "Life Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness "   I think 😉 

vaccine.JPG

Edited by chipmaster

Hi,

Here's an interesting article about the U.S. Vaccine Court.   Apparently the Feds just set up a new Covid Vaccine Court.  Guess that's a good thing?  For some reason, in Canada, we do not have a vaccine court or any government sanctioned remedies available.

NJ 

https://www.fairwarning.org/2018/12/vaccine-court-pays-billions/

9 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Numbers are human beings who have died.  None of these deaths are acceptable. more so the ones that could have been prevented.

I agree. It’s sad the amount of deaths in NY long term care facilities. Very sad. Those deaths could have been prevented had CV patients not been sent to those facilities. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 4

On 7/21/2020 at 1:09 PM, shorti503 said:

My answer would be no. While I am not anti vaccine in anyway my whole family is up to date on all vaccines I think they are just rushing this one to much. While I understand the need for the rush it really makes me nervous. There is no way to know long term side effects to so early on. 

Think you are reacting politically.  If a vaccine is not safe it will not be released.  The question you need to ask if a very very small chance of an adverse reaction versus the COVID virus.  Nobody is suggesting a vaccine now.