If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

7 minutes ago, BND said:

The poster is anonymous so "allowed" really isn't an issue and hard to track.  My DH tried to volunteer for the latest trials (he's 63 and type II diabetic) but they had already had enough come forward.  There are a lot of selfless people who still think of the greater good which is a good thing.  Too many have fear of something because they listen to slanted information.  No one has been able to tell me what they think the long term effects will be.  They just post the "I don't know what the long term affects will be" crap.  What's the long term affect of life?  Death eventually of course.  Other health issues, etc.  Those that took the polio vaccine among others had no idea what the outcome would be but they wanted to protect their children.  It's called putting others before yourself.

Yes I did thank him.   We were not allowed to discuss with alias etc for the major test study my Dh was part of.   As there is always a way to track anyway online.

He was number 11 of the first 20 people in the world for his study and unfortunately several died during the first couple weeks but they continued on with changes along the way and now the program is very successful and being used across the world.  

On 9/1/2020 at 7:59 AM, KirkNC said:

Hate to tell you but there has never been a vaccine that’s 100% effective.  Most are around 50-60%.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/vaccines-work/vaccineeffect.htm

6 hours ago, chipmaster said:

To have the antibodies doesn't mean you won't get infected, it means antibody has already active antibodies and likely a far faster and better chance at fighting it.    Nature will run it's course, your body will fight it and with far higher probability of beating it back before it can multiply and overwhelm your body.   One risk for any vaccine is that fine balance between getting the immune system to respond with minimal downside of the actual disease, funny balance the best way to get immune is exposure.   The staying what doesn't kill you makes you stronger has merit, LOL

These vaccines are RNA vaccines.  There is no live component in the vaccine!!  The risk of being exposed to COVID by getting the vaccine is zero.  It is so important that people understand this.  The antibody response in nearly 100% of the volunteers is strong enough to prevent COVID.  Over 100,000 people have participated in the three US trials with overwhelming positive results.

It is so frustrating when people falsely state that there is a risk of exposure to COVID from the vaccine.  Science has long evolved beyond live virus vaccines.  Also, most vaccines are better than 95% effective.  Look at Shingrex, small pox, diphtheria.......  We have eradicated many deadly diseases over the years with effective vaccines.  People who compare flu vaccine statistics to the COVID vaccine are just uninformed.  COVID has a few strains, easily covered with a single vaccine.  The flu has thousands of variations.  Vaccine development for the flu is always a crap shoot.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, the more ports the better said:

These vaccines are RNA vaccines.  There is no live component in the vaccine!!  The risk of being exposed to COVID by getting the vaccine is zero.  It is so important that people understand this.  The antibody response in nearly 100% of the volunteers is strong enough to prevent COVID.  Over 100,000 people have participated in the three US trials with overwhelming positive results.

It is so frustrating when people falsely state that there is a risk of exposure to COVID from the vaccine.  Science has long evolved beyond live virus vaccines.  Also, most vaccines are better than 95% effective.  Look at Shingrex, small pox, diphtheria.......  We have eradicated many deadly diseases over the years with effective vaccines.  People who compare flu vaccine statistics to the COVID vaccine are just uninformed.  COVID has a few strains, easily covered with a single vaccine.  The flu has thousands of variations.  Vaccine development for the flu is always a crap shoot.

Glad you have all the data, looks like we got the vaccine before Nov 3, LOL

On 8/7/2020 at 8:51 AM, Billy Baltic said:

Why do people have to be argumentative over topics like this? Live and let live.

The answer to this is quite obvious. Other people's choices to not take vaccines affect the rest of us. There aren't many things in life where this is true, but vaccines and other health prevention methods are one of them.

No one likes to get sick, so some of us find it quite obvious that by stopping the spread, less people have to get sick.

So in this case "live and let live" can kill someone else, or in a less serious case have them get sick and have to take time off work, etc.

3 hours ago, stephiems said:

The answer to this is quite obvious. Other people's choices to not take vaccines affect the rest of us. There aren't many things in life where this is true, but vaccines and other health prevention methods are one of them.

No one likes to get sick, so some of us find it quite obvious that by stopping the spread, less people have to get sick.

So in this case "live and let live" can kill someone else, or in a less serious case have them get sick and have to take time off work, etc.

This is spot on. 

We see it evert day. People who “exercise their freedom” and walk around with out a mask, catching the virus, and causing this own hot spot getting people ill and potentially dead.

I had someone standing less than a foot behind me at the store today because she was in a hurry to buy a bag of chips. No social distancing for her. Literally pushing the line didn’t make it go any faster. 

• Like 2

On 10/7/2020 at 2:32 PM, chipmaster said:

I am in the same camp, waited for an extra hour even with appointment to get my flu this week too.

But remember a few decades ago drinking, smoking etc... and a long list of things like eating processed foods were done by millions before it was discovered not so good for you, LOL

I think more people will be getting the flu shot when they didn't previously. We know a couple who were against getting them. They both came down with covid and couldn't run fast enough to the the shot. 

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

Now I'm hearing that the CDC has released a study showing that 85% of the those contracting the virus were also wearing masks.😷  Not sure if the study was one of those "self answered" studies, where you answer a question, like do you wear a mask?, or if it was observational.  Need to wait and see if this leads to any policy recommendations/changes.

This harks back to Dr Fauci saying back in March or April that masks were useless. Holes in most masks, including the N-95s are too big, allowing the tiny droplet to get through.  Masks get damp from breath moisture in about 20 minutes, rendering them less effective in stopping any droplets.  Also, they have said you need to be within close contact with a spreader for at least 15 minutes in a poorly ventilated space to catch the virus.  But Trump's recent super spreader rose Garden event , may have disproved this.

We're going to keep wearing masks until they say we don't have too and a vaccine is available.  All these big tests are looking good.  Those that were stopped for illnesses were stopped for under a day and it was only 1 participant in each who got sick from something other than the vaccine.  Bring it on!!👍

36 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Do you have a link to the study?  I'm curious to read it.

No it was just a headline news release on a couple of sites.

But I did find a link to a July study, released in September. which I think triggered the reporting. It's only a small study in one area.  The CDC appears to have gone to great lengths to continue urging wearing of masks.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/pdfs/mm6936a5-H.pdf

On 7/21/2020 at 2:38 PM, julesbeara said:

It may not be that easy to get the shot.Dr.Fauci recently said that the best time to get a Flu shot this year will be from Oct.15 to Oct.29.I have not had one since June 2018 .I always get them from a doctor.None of my doctors have the Senior Flu vaccine .I began calling pharmacies in a 5 mile radius and none have any .One said possibly in 2 weeks.

If it is that difficult to get a flu shot it will likely be much harder to get a Covid shot.

It may not be that easy to get the shot.Dr.Fauci recently said that the best time to get a Flu shot this year will be from Oct.15 to Oct.29.I have not had one since June 2018 .I always get them from a doctor.None of my doctors have the Senior Flu vaccine .I began calling pharmacies in a 5 mile radius and none have any .One said possibly in 2 weeks.
If it is that difficult to get a flu shot it will likely be much harder to get a Covid shot.

My doctor also had not gotten his supply yet but there seems to be plenty of flu vaccine available at pharmacies around here. I walked into CVS and got the high dose shot two weeks ago. I was there a few days ago to use the $5 off coupon they gave me with the shot and they were giving flu shots. Our community center was was giving shots a week ago for two days by appointment and is taking appointments for next week. I do think it will be harder to get a Covid shot. Several of the leading vaccine candidates require two doses and -70 refrigeration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

16 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

How is that possible?  I’m not questioning you comment for accuracy, just doesn’t make sense. I haven’t heard any shortages here in Florida. Are these programs State run or Federal?  Our Walgreens and Publix have the flu vaccines. Publix actually gives one a $10 Publix Gift card to get the shot. I got mine last week at my VA Clinic. 

M8

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

How is that possible?  I’m not questioning you comment for accuracy, just doesn’t make sense. I haven’t heard any shortages here in Florida. Are these programs State run or Federal?  Our Walgreens and Publix have the flu vaccines. Publix actually gives one a $10 Publix Gift card to get the shot. I got mine last week at my VA Clinic. 

M8

Got mine yesterday at the local grocery store pharmacy.  I had to call a few other local pharmacies first and they had already ran out of shots. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Got mine yesterday at the local grocery store pharmacy.  I had to call a few other local pharmacies first and they had already ran out of shots. 

I just read a few articles. Demand for the common Flu Vaccine is up 15% over previous years. Many ordered the vaccine quantities back before COVID19 Pandemic. Some areas are having shortages. Especially those areas of higher populations. I read some shortages in and around Miami area. 

M8

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I just read a few articles. Demand for the common Flu Vaccine is up 15% over previous years. Many ordered the vaccine quantities back before COVID19 Pandemic. Some areas are having shortages. Especially those areas of higher populations. I read some shortages in and around Miami area. 

M8

It's the same in the UK, there's a much bigger demand than previous years since the government is advising people they should get the vaccine. Our largest pharmacy (Boots) have only had appointments for over 65's for some weeks now. Doctors surgeries (certainly where we live) are only giving them to over 65's and those at risk. I was able to book an appointment via a large supermarket pharmacy a couple of weeks ago and had my jab last week, but they are now only giving them to over 65's.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

I called 4 pharmacies ( 3 CVS and 1 Walgreens), none of them had the high dose vaccine and were unsure when they would get some.  Publix said they were out but expecting some on the next shipment.  We were able to get ours there, the pharmacist told us he was almost out again.  I think it all depends on where you live.

Sherri🙂

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

I called 4 pharmacies ( 3 CVS and 1 Walgreens), none of them had the high dose vaccine and were unsure when they would get some.  Publix said they were out but expecting some on the next shipment.  We were able to get ours there, the pharmacist told us he was almost out again.  I think it all depends on where you live.

Sherri🙂

It’s my understanding that Brevard, although previously in good shape as far as infection rate goes, is now having spikes. I suspect that has increased the demand for common Flu vaccines. 

I got mine at the VA Clinic Viera. I have no clue if it was the high dose or not. 

M8

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It’s my understanding that Brevard, although previously in good shape as far as infection rate goes, is now having spikes. I suspect that has increased the demand for common Flu vaccines. 

I got mine at the VA Clinic Viera. I have no clue if it was the high dose or not. 

M8

It was difficult finding the high dose last year, too, although not to the extent of this year.  Although you are right about Brevard spiking,  I think part of the reason for the shortage is there are quite a few people over 65 in the county.😂. The high dose is for 65 and older.

Sherri🙂

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

My doctor also had not gotten his supply yet but there seems to be plenty of flu vaccine available at pharmacies around here. I walked into CVS and got the high dose shot two weeks ago. I was there a few days ago to use the $5 off coupon they gave me with the shot and they were giving flu shots. Our community center was was giving shots a week ago for two days by appointment and is taking appointments for next week. I do think it will be harder to get a Covid shot. Several of the leading vaccine candidates require two doses and -70 refrigeration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was at the office of a doctor today who had the vaccine .I was surprised.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

I said Senior Flu vaccine .The pharmacies have regular flu.My wife took the vaccine for people allergic to eggs a few days ago.Most places do not have that either.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Looks like a volunteer in the Oxford/AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine phase 3 trial has died in Brazil. More to come I'm sure.....

I was just reading that.  Of course the cause of death could be totally unrelated to the vaccine, but let the fireworks begin.