Jump to content

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???


If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

  1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

    • YES
      795
    • NO
      220


Recommended Posts

I may have already.  I am participating in Phase III vaccine clinical trial for Moderna vaccine.  I don't know if I got the real deal or the placebo.  They will not let me know until the conclusion of my trial cohort.  I got moderate site pain and very mild body aches with the first (August), and basically no side effects from the second (October).  Still going to clinic for blood draws.  So, if I got the real deal, I am all set.  If not, I am in healthcare and in the group who are scheduled to get it in the first rounds.  No, I don't think I was also injected with micro chip or RF antenna as my cell phone reception still stinks.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2020 at 9:09 PM, shorti503 said:

There is no way to know long term side effects to so early on.

 

Forget the long term. When will people begin to understand that any long term effects of a vaccine with with 95% efficacy, with no serious reactions in hundreds of thousands of volunteers, let alone no deaths, far, far, outweigh the definite short term effects of 𝘯𝘰𝘵 taking a vaccine for a disease with such horrifying, extreme, harrowing effects, and certainly including hundreds of thousands more deaths, disease, and poverty - if not for yourself, others around you, and around the world. The extraordinary benefits completely eclipse ANY possible negative.

 

Might I also add that volunteer test results from these vaccine trials have been more successful than any other in history, except for the Chicken Pox vaccine - coincidentally another very recently developed vaccine.

 

It is SAFE people.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Board_Shorts said:

 

Forget the long term. When will people begin to understand that any long term effects of a vaccine with with 95% efficacy, with no serious reactions in hundreds of thousands of volunteers, let alone no deaths, far, far, outweigh the definite short term effects of 𝘯𝘰𝘵 taking a vaccine for a disease with such horrifying, extreme, harrowing effects, and certainly including hundreds of thousands more deaths, disease, and poverty - if not for yourself, others around you, and around the world. The extraordinary benefits completely eclipse ANY possible negative.

 

Might I also add that volunteer test results from these vaccine trials have been more successful than any other in history, except for the Chicken Pox vaccine - coincidentally another very recently developed vaccine.

 

It is SAFE people.

Thanks for your informative post.  We will get the vaccine as soon as we can.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2020 at 7:24 AM, ace2542 said:

I wonder if the TV companies have done this already or enrolled the main cast members in vaccine trials but spread a bit of money about to ensure they get the vaccine not the placebo. I have noticed half the cast of SVU are not wearing masks or only wearing them in hospital or public settings at least and there is not a mask in the sight on the blacklist.


SNL still going on.  Guess they are considered more essential than restaurants in NYC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

Guess they are considered more essential than restaurants in NYC

 Perhaps it is time the people in New York learn to cook their own dinners.

 

Does anyone even live there anymore? Hasn't everyone who wasn't born there - but moved there after college or when they 18 or whatever to chase their dreams - moved away now?. Being serious now a large amount of people have moved away haven't they like millions and the streets are deserted like I am legend aren't they?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

 Perhaps it is time the people in New York learn to cook their own dinners.

 

Does anyone even live there anymore? Hasn't everyone who wasn't born there - but moved there after college or when they 18 or whatever to chase their dreams - moved away now?. Being serious now a large amount of people have moved away haven't they like millions and the streets are deserted like I am legend aren't they?

 

Not sure I don't live there.   I know they pay a lot of $$$ to live there and it doesn't seem their overlords spend their tax dollars well.  Crime is up, that is indisputable.  So I wouldn't blame them to move out to the burbs. 

 

I enjoy visiting NYC for business, its a very magical place.  Would never want to live there though!  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

Crime is up, that is indisputable

Yes it is up. Crime has been much higher in the past to be fair. Not even in the 90s. When I lived there in 06 there 500 murders a year easy. That is compared to 300 ever year for a couple of years until this.  According to the crime stats total crime is ever so slightly down like 0.58% this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ace2542 said:

 Perhaps it is time the people in New York learn to cook their own dinners.

 

Does anyone even live there anymore? Hasn't everyone who wasn't born there - but moved there after college or when they 18 or whatever to chase their dreams - moved away now?. Being serious now a large amount of people have moved away haven't they like millions and the streets are deserted like I am legend aren't they?

To answer your questions:

 

We cook and eat 98% of our meals at home.  I don't understand the basis for your comment.

 

Yes, we happily live here.  Our oldest daughter, a College professor, and her husband, an FDNY lieutenant, made the choice to move back here from Long Island, primarily for the educational benefits for their children.  They continue to chase their dreams.  I'm the first in my family to graduate from college and earn a post graduate degree.  Why?  Because NYC provided me with a free college education.

 

No, the streets are not deserted and millions have not left the city.  Obviously, in midtown Manhattan, there are considerably less tourists making for less congested streets.  The outer boroughs are pretty much the same.

 

Hope this helps your understanding of my home.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

To answer your questions:

 

We cook and eat 98% of our meals at home.  I don't understand the basis for your comment.

 

Yes, we happily live here.  Our oldest daughter, a College professor, and her husband, an FDNY lieutenant, made the choice to move back here from Long Island, primarily for the educational benefits for their children.  They continue to chase their dreams.  I'm the first in my family to graduate from college and earn a post graduate degree.  Why?  Because NYC provided me with a free college education.

 

No, the streets are not deserted and millions have not left the city.  Obviously, in midtown Manhattan, there are considerably less tourists making for less congested streets.  The outer boroughs are pretty much the same.

 

Hope this helps your understanding of my home.

 

 

Any chance you can convince your friends to stay??  Florida is crowded enough already.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

How will we know the vaccine is working?  Will the survival rate from the virus go from 99.7% to 99.9%?

Good question.  If the efficacy success rate of the vaccine is 95%, what happens to the other 5%?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

How will we know the vaccine is working?  Will the survival rate from the virus go from 99.7% to 99.9%?

Survival rate will probably not change.  Maybe though, instead of 10,000 people contracting the virus over the course of a day, only 3,000 will and instead of 30 people eventually dying, there will be 9:who pass away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Survival rate will probably not change.  Maybe though, instead of 10,000 people contracting the virus over the course of a day, only 3,000 will and instead of 30 people eventually dying, there will be 9:who pass away.

I'm way more interested in seeing the suicide and opioid overdose rates decline seeing as they have tripled since the lockdowns were implemented.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm way more interested in seeing the suicide and opioid overdose rates decline seeing as they have tripled since the lockdowns were implemented.

Your interest in seeing a decline in suicide and overdose rates is admirable; so too, is your segue away from the question you posed about the efficacy of CV-19 vaccines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

How will we know the vaccine is working?  Will the survival rate from the virus go from 99.7% to 99.9%?

No.  The number of people that contract the disease will go way down.  Do you really not know/understand this?  I figured it was pretty much common sense.

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Virgin Voyages. It's Go Time
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...