If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

1 hour ago, gatour said:

You are wrong.5500 people between  35 and 44 have died as of Dec 19, 2020.  You might to ask the family of the 41 year old congress person to-be who died in the last few days their thoughts

Just reading about this. Very sad, he was just recently elected.

3 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Letlow had a heart attack.  Article says he was undergoing a procedure for covid at the time.  Any idea what procedure/operation is done for covid? 

NJ 

Congressman-elect Luke Letlow suffered a heart attack following operation (nypost.com)

Covid19 is a terrible virus.  That said, they have changed the rules on how Covid deaths are counted compared to say the flu in years past.  There is so much disinformation spewed by media and unfortunately people we should be able to trust that nobody really knows the facts of hardly anything. Which is why almost nobody believes anything they hear on TV or read in the papers.  There are no longer people giving us news, at best they give us their opinion of the news.  At worst they deliver propaganda that Pravda would approve of.

JMHO

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

What if you happen to be in the 1.56% 

oops should read...

What if you happened to be in the 1.56%

Life would go on!    

Life is full of risks Yogimax.  To lessen my risk of contracting Covid19 I wear a mask.  Chances are if I do contract it I would be fine - if you can’t comprehend that I don’t know what to tell you.  

When going surfing in SoCal there is always a chance a big fish will mistake me for a seal and have a taste.  Lots of people swim and surf though. 

“¯\_(ツ)_/¯“

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TYMAN said:

Yes, both ASP & Steris H2O2 Sterilizers can sterilize the N95 masks, but, at our hospital system we haven't had to do that yet. Still good with PPE supplies. 

Glad to hear your hospital has plenty of PPE. Do you know why some hospitals don’t have enough or do they now and not everyone is up to date with the correct info?

On 12/29/2020 at 7:37 AM, TheMastodon said:

Because healthy 36 year olds aren't dying from Covid19.  

Wrong.

2 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

1.56% of total Covid deaths  

And you could always end up in the small percentage. Just saying. 😀

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Glad to hear your hospital has plenty of PPE. Do you know why some hospitals don’t have enough or do they now and not everyone is up to date with the correct info?

Wrong.

49 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Wrong.

You convinced me.  The risk Is just too great.   

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, easyqueasy said:

Surely we see things through different colored lens. But what sacrifices are you talking about? I remember being taught that during WWII you were being supportive of the war efforts by going out and getting jobs to build things, to grow your own food, buying bonds, use less of the resources needed by the military, to serve, etc. The sacrifice was the Japanese-Americans that were sent to interment camps. The people of that age were asked to help the government, but now the government is dictating that you do nothing but sit on your butt while they destroy people’s livelihoods. How is that living? And how long can one just sit and watch what they worked for get destroyed? If South Dakota can remain open while California is closed but have a higher rate of infection, why is closing and destroying peoples livelihood and freedom still chosen? Even more is South Dakota is unmasked and California is masked. It’s ok for thousands to attend the presidential election outcome, but attending a rally is bad? The government can say you’re closed because you’re a small business, but you can stay open because you’re big? I can’t even go to church with the restrictions, or have my family over. Not to mention for a while I can’t even go fishing with a buddy, or fishing at all as they closed outdoor recreation.  I guess some people live in fear while others want to live their life. 

Sounds like the alternative you propose is pretty much what Trump (since you sort of brought him up indirectly) advocated in terms of getting everything open asap. How did people sacrifice during WWII? Could include stuff like receiving only 3 gallons of gas a week as well as all the other aspects of rationing, etc. You refer to it as simply "using less resources" - and ultimately that's true, but can you imagine the reaction today? I freely admit the hardship to businesses and truly feel for all who are going through such unprecedented economic difficulties. The point is...the country did what needed to be done without erupting into such a level of dissension and divisiveness that we have now. As you say, we're coming from different perspectives so probably best to leave it at that. I never said it was bad to attend a presidential rally but..did it have to be done shoulder to shoulder with (largely) unmasked people? That's not just attending a rally, it's a move for solidarity to support a certain politically-driven agenda - one which ultimately posed a health hazard to the general population. Trump had a rally in my hometown and within two weeks the # of virus cases started to escalate. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

We live in a condo building.  Our indoor pool & gym have now been closed for months.  Covid rules have been implemented, eg. only three people on an elevator at one time.  Was just chatting with our next door neighbour at the elevator landing on our floor while he's waiting (the gentleman is in his 60's).   Elevator door opens - there are two women.  They will not allow him on the elevator saying there are already two.  Everyone is wearing a mask.  But they are that afraid.

NJ

1 hour ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

Have you ALL gotten the flu shot each year?  

I never get a flu shot and haven't had the flu as long as I can remember.  That being said, Covid is a different beast.  I will will definitely get the shot when it becomes available to me.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

Have you ALL gotten the flu shot each year?  

Some people are afraid of it, think they're to healthy to get sick or just don't believe in it. We have some friends who never got a flu shot and didn't believe in it. Very healthy 39 and 40 year olds. Got the flu this year and got very sick from covid. Now they can't get the shots fast enough. They also said they will be getting flu shots yearly. 😄

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

We live in a condo building.  Our indoor pool & gym have now been closed for months.  Covid rules have been implemented, eg. only three people on an elevator at one time.  Was just chatting with our next door neighbour at the elevator landing on our floor while he's waiting (the gentleman is in his 60's).   Elevator door opens - there are two women.  They will not allow him on the elevator saying there are already two.  Everyone is wearing a mask.  But they are that afraid.

NJ

We only allow one at a time on our passenger elevators. We allow two on our larger service elevators. This is set by our county as the six foot distancing applies to elevators . It can be more if live together. People should be afraid and a lot of residents are over 65.

Edited by Charles4515

2 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

We only allow one at a time on our passenger elevators. We allow two on our service elevators. This is set by our county as the six foot distancing applies to elevators . It can be more if live together.

Sure hope RCCL will not implement a policy of 2 people on a elevator when cruising resumes.

1 minute ago, Dennis#1 said:

Sure hope RCCL will not implement a policy of 2 people on a elevator when cruising resumes.

If such a policy is needed when cruising resumes then it would be a clear sign that it is not appropriate to be on a cruise ship yet.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dennis#1 said:

Likely they will. Does not matter to me as I usually take the stairs on principle on cruises. In our Condo we have three regular elevators plus two service and since I live near the top and usually go between the top and bottom I don't usually have to wait long. 

18 hours ago, easyqueasy said:

I think the vast majority of people are responsible and are wise whether they choose to go out and about or stay sheltered. They have made their own calculations on what could happen.  My wife says don't drink pop as it doubles your chance of pancreatic cancer, but doubling of 0.00013 is still  pretty much zero. We can debate, tell our different experiences with families, friends and coworkers, find different studies, etc.,  but I don’t think we’ll change each other’s mind and will just throw this thread off topic. But I do want to call a mask nanny a Fanny because they really are an @ss, though I haven't gotten the chance. Everyone should have the right to choose to be vaccinated or not, and not be forced to even if some thinks not doing it is being irresponsible.  And I think I’m pretty solid with  following the teachings of Jesus and am on pretty firm foundation. Have a good night.

I bet that healthy 41 year old house representative-elect who said masks were a hoax and refused to follow any covid protocols thought the same thing. Now his children don't have a father and the family is mourning his death. What a tragedy that could have been easily prevented.

• Like 1