If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

5 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Sorry.  By the way, what was the final vote in new Jersey?

Hey I just was born and grew up here.  I can't help it if surrounded by sheep!  We have people who drive with their masks on and even some who sit in their homes with masks on.  Plus we did mail in ballots and we all know how well that worked.

Edited by jean87510
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I feel like I am in the movie Ground Hog Day. Continue to beat the dead horse of blame if it makes you feel better. The virus doesn’t care and  it is taking advantage of our stubborn need to be right and blame others. All you non medical “experts” who want to spout off ridiculous theories come to work with me and you will be singing a different tune. We have been told for months how the virus spreads and well before your Christmas plans were made. Everyone needs to be patient, wear a mask and get vaccinated as soon as you are able. This is the only chance we have to beat this thing. 

• Like 6

18 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Well since I was about 5 or 6 when she was on TV she is not exactly a spring chicken...

Ahhh, so since she was old, it was ok to die of covid? As long as it doesn't inconvenience the people who don't want to wear masks and social distance? (I realize you have said you wear masks.)

I agree death is inevitable for everyone. However, there is a difference when death is preventable by society following certain norms, however inconvenient for a little time. Society should not be so callous as to say "they were going to die anyway, so I don't need to wear a mask because it is against MY civil rights."

Edited by cured

I don’t know why the states, including mine, are sitting on the vaccine!   Yea I know the approval had to be delayed till after the election and the states received a portion of their allotment during the December holidays.   Certainly can’t expect people to give the injections when they are owed vacations.   Not surprised the states are messing this up, they have only had 9 months to prepare for this.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

I don’t know why the states, including mine, are sitting on the vaccine!   Yea I know the approval had to be delayed till after the election and the states received a portion of their allotment during the December holidays.   Certainly can’t expect people to give the injections when they are owed vacations.   Not surprised the states are messing this up, they have only had 9 months to prepare for this.

What State. Florida started vaccinating 65+ Monday (after first responders and healthcare workers). Jails going to be last unless over 65. 

5 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

What State. Florida started vaccinating 65+ Monday (after first responders and healthcare workers). Jails going to be last unless over 65. 

My sister and BIL, both over 65 and in lake Worth, have an appointment for Tuesday. FL seems to be doing better than most states. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

What State. Florida started vaccinating 65+ Monday (after first responders and healthcare workers). Jails going to be last unless over 65

Here in RI the media is a bit concerned that a murderer serving a life sentence in the State correctional facility died of Covid.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Which states are sitting on the vaccine? Where did you find this information? 

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

And some counties in Florida are experiencing 4+ hour waits for vaccinations.  Not exactly the gold standard in scheduling/administrating vaccinations

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gatour said:

And some counties in Florida are experiencing 4+ hour waits for vaccinations.  Not exactly the gold standard in scheduling/administrating vaccinations

It would be nice to only have to experience a four hour wait! In my part of Florida, appointments are filled and the county has no idea when they will have more. 
Florida is definitely not the gold standard.

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Eh. We will get the vaccine eventually. It would be nice to receive it sooner, rather than later and before the correction facilities. :classic_huh: But we will just continue being careful. 

We do have our first real outing planned to Lake Tahoe in June, so it would be nice if we could be vaccinated before then. It was always kind of expected (at least in California) that the roll out would not go as smoothly as they had planned. 

There are too many people here. :classic_rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Here in RI the media is a bit concerned that a murderer serving a life sentence in the State correctional facility died of Covid.

Not surprised, wasn't it few weeks ago in the News that the Convicted 1998 US Embassy Bombings Terrorist wanted out early. He is overweight @220# his Lawyer told the judge "even another six weeks behind bars is too long for Bari who suffers from asthma, amid the coronavirus pandemic" Guy is 60, at least he didnt get Vaccine before many others

I admit that I have not read all 43 pages of this thread.  Our concern reguarding a vaccine requirement for cruising is that there are 3 of us that travel together and DW and I are 61 and our Son is 27.  We have no control over when each of us gets vaccinated.  How will the cruise line deal with bookings that have some vaccinated and others not due to circumstances not under their control?  We would be willing to cancel as long as they are willing to give a full refund.  All of our booked cruises are fully paid and only refundable with cruiseline cancellation.

49 minutes ago, PigsCanFly said:

How will the cruise line deal with bookings that have some vaccinated and others not due to circumstances not under their control?  We would be willing to cancel as long as they are willing to give a full refund.  All of our booked cruises are fully paid and only refundable with cruiseline cancellation.

Unknown.  Right now we don’t even know if having the vaccine will be a requirement for cruising.  

even if your bookings are paid in full, if it is before the final payment date  as set by Royal then all but the deposit is still refundable and you’d get all of the deposit as an FCC.

If you are after final then I doubt your sailing will happen. 

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

ridiculous.  Why are the vaccine sites allowing this? I had to show my badge, ID and drivers license and they were actually holding my license up to the light (like it was a fake $20). 

• Like 2