Vaccination by Christmas? Many takers?

Harry Peterson

2 hours ago, pete14 said:

Not looking good for my Ventura cruise at the end of October for which the balance is due this weekend. I would prefer to know one way or the other before I need to pay but this looks unlikely. At least if I pay and have to be refunded, I should have the money to subsidise Christmas.

I agree... with Mr Eastwood :classic_wink::classic_smile:

https://youtu.be/A732Cuuo2tI?t=6  :classic_mellow:

3 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Do you feel confident about paying them a large sum of money, for a cruise that in all probability won't go ahead?

The reason I ask is that there are people still waiting for refunds of their March cruise - I don't think I'll be giving P&O any more of my money until they sort out their refund process, and there is some clarity about the whole Covid 19 situation in general, and also confirmation of what their plans are for the onboard experience and how they would deal with any virus cases on board.

I hope you don't mind me asking! 

I don’t mind you asking. As I am hoping the cruise happens, I will pay the balance. I don’t have much choice but as the money is legally protected and I have no other plans for the money (although I could quite easily spend it), I am happy to potentially loan it to them if the cruise doesn’t happen. I am also happy to trust that the cruise will be safe if it happens, perhaps safer than staying at home. It is 3 months away and a lot can happen in 3 months. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

I don’t mind you asking. As I am hoping the cruise happens, I will pay the balance. I don’t have much choice but as the money is legally protected and I have no other plans for the money (although I could quite easily spend it), I am happy to potentially loan it to them if the cruise doesn’t happen. I am also happy to trust that the cruise will be safe if it happens, perhaps safer than staying at home. It is 3 months away and a lot can happen in 3 months. 

Good luck, I hope it works out for you 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pete14 said:

I think that is a pretty good attitude to take.  There is little downside,  especially if you are not too worried about the time it takes to get your money refunded. 

• Like 2