7/22/20: Princess Pauses Operations Again

Syracusefan44

1 minute ago, franktown said:

Not a surprise.  They have no plan yet to be able to resume sailing.  They cannot afford to have a outbreak of Covid19 on a Princess ship.  Do not see cruises as we know them restarting until there is a vaccine that is widely available.

December 2021 cruise on the Discovery ?   wonder now about the status of the completion 

1 hour ago, Syracusefan44 said:

Cruises in and out of Australia until 10/31/20 and the rest of the fleet until 12/15/20.

https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/global-ship-operations-pause-december-2020.html

I knew it has to happen. I'm afraid to book anything this far ahead again.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, franktown said:

Not a surprise.  They have no plan yet to be able to resume sailing.  They cannot afford to have a outbreak of Covid19 on a Princess ship.  Do not see cruises as we know them restarting until there is a vaccine that is widely available.

December 2021 cruise on the Discovery ?   wonder now about the status of the completion 

27 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Orange or LA County California?

Belief it or not but this was Alberta, Canada. We thought we did so well but apparently morons are everywhere.

This is Vancouver last night;....................................................

482317570_Vancouverbeachparty.jpg.f755d7ea199942b2eaddbfb3fd1227e5.jpg

Theo

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, tntornadox said:

The part that frustrates me is there seems to be NO plan whatsoever to restart. Just keeping selling new cruises and wait for the CDC to get off their behinds isn’t a good strategy.

what are the cruise lines waiting for the CDC to do exactly ?

1 hour ago, franktown said:

You are correct. Not a surprise if you've followed the RFI posted by the CDC on the Federal Register. Nothing to do with masks or vaccines; its all about the CDC  https://www.regulations.gov/document?D=CDC-2020-0087-0001

Just now, jennybenny said:

Approve “the plan” the cruise lines were supposed to submit and once approved they can implement it for cruising to start?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No matter what plans the CDC approves, there will be no cruising until the ports allow cruise ships to go there.

And as far as Americans are concerned, no cruising until other countries will allow those from the USA to go there.

• Like 3

MY CRUISE was cancelled today ... bummer

when can I expect my FCC to be posted to my account ?

can I use that FCC as a 'deposit' and payment on a future cruise for 4/2021 ?

booked directly with Princess

day 0

maybe I will call Princess tomorrow, huh ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

It says that you have until August 31 to decide if you want a cash refund, so my guess is they will not start processing these Phase 4 pause cancellations until then.

• Like 1

It is a bit amazing that this will surprise anyone. First the vaccine will need to be made and really work before the world gets back to normal and let's be fair, the US is not doing a good job figuring our how to handle this virus as it is. Also, who knows how many of the cruse staff will want to get on a ship with 3500 folks again just to see how long it will take to get folks sick again. But maybe by the end of the year Princess will have made all the refunds they need to do, things may be back to more normal by 2022 and then we will MAYBE be able to visit distant lands again.....Yes, I really don't see much travel in 2021, but of course I may be very wrong...

• Like 2

No matter what plans the CDC approves, there will be no cruising until the ports allow cruise ships to go there.

And as far as Americans are concerned, no cruising until other countries will allow those from the USA to go there.

Sure, but if CDC approves, that could give confidence to some ports to start allowing ships to dock and get things moving. If the CDC is not willing to say the measures cruise lines are implementing are worthwhile then they should say that a vaccine is required before they would say it’s safe to cruise again, or do what they are doing with California schools, 14 days off the watch list and kids can go to school in person. Saying something would help the cruise lines schedule things properly

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

1 minute ago, Shaver John said:

Also, who knows how many of the cruse staff will want to get on a ship with 3500 folks again just to see how long it will take to get folks sick again.

There have been posts on other threads by posters who maintain contacts with some crew members. These posts indicate there is a high interest by most of the crew to return when they are asked.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, voljeep said:

can I use that FCC as a 'deposit' and payment on a future cruise for 4/2021 ?

booked directly with Princess

day 0

maybe I will call Princess tomorrow, huh ?

I was told FCC cannot be used for a deposit on a new booking and could only be applied toward payment. Kind of defeats the purpose of putting more of my money back in their hands at this point. But call and try, there is no consistency or rhyme nor reason as to how they are handling these cancellations. 🤣

1 minute ago, jennybenny said:

Sure, but if CDC approves, that could give confidence to some ports to start allowing ships to dock and get things moving. If the CDC is not willing to say the measures cruise lines are implementing are worthwhile then they should say that a vaccine is required before they would say it’s safe to cruise again, or do what they are doing with California schools, 14 days off the watch list and kids can go to school in person. Saying something would help the cruise lines schedule things properly

Of course (for most cruisers) an additional question is whether they are willing to risk going ashore and possibly contracting the virus while in a port. Even if all passengers have been vaccinated,no vaccine will be 100% effective.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 13cheermom said:

I was told FCC cannot be used for a deposit on a new booking and could only be applied toward payment. Kind of defeats the purpose of putting more of my money back in their hands at this point. But call and try, there is no consistency or rhyme nor reason as to how they are handling these cancellations. 🤣

What my TA sent me was that they can be used as a deposit. They didn't used to be.

You or your client should not cancel bookings that were cancelled by Princess on July 22, 2020. Your client’s booking will be automatically cancelled by Princess in the near future. You and your client should receive an email regarding the cancellation which will cover their two compensation options.

FCCs and commission protection: I want to remind you that FCCs for these cancelled cruises can now be used toward a deposit on a future booking, however, they cannot be applied toward air or hotel. Please note that FCCs in lieu of refund (limited to up to 100% of cruise fare) are refundable, but bonus FCCs are not. If your client changes their mind and later requests a refund, the initial FCC will be refunded and the Bonus FCC will be cancelled.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1