Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
wowzz

Princess Cancellations

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Nothing so far.... (09:57)

They've probably been reading this board and thought "we'll teach them - assuming that we always make extension announcements at 10.00 on Tuesday mornings"...😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update tomorrow then maybe?  Pretty much resigned now to Arcadia's Worldie going down the pan, just need to implement our preferred alternative - if even that is still there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Update tomorrow then maybe?  Pretty much resigned now to Arcadia's Worldie going down the pan, just need to implement our preferred alternative - if even that is still there!

I don't expect it to happen. Cruises which visit many different territories are likely to be the last to return. Sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

I don't expect it to happen. Cruises which visit many different territories are likely to be the last to return. Sorry.

I’m booked on the Arcadia 2022 Amazon and Caribbean cruise.

 

I’m already thinking that’s unlikely. 
 

i booked this cruise when it was first released, more than 2 years in advance.  After all that’s happened, I doubt if I’ll ever book so far in advance again, and I’ll be staying closer to home in future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, molecrochip said:

I don't expect it to happen. Cruises which visit many different territories are likely to be the last to return. Sorry.

No need to apologise.

 

We've already identified some replacements, although one of them is Iona for Christmas & New Year, so may well be a non-starter!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Latest news from Cunard

"As a result of the continuing impact of Covid-19, Cunard has extended its pause in operations to sailings up to and including 1 November 2020 for Queen Mary 2 and Queen Victoria, and 23 November for Queen Elizabeth."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Latest news from Cunard

"As a result of the continuing impact of Covid-19, Cunard has extended its pause in operations to sailings up to and including 1 November 2020 for Queen Mary 2 and Queen Victoria, and 23 November for Queen Elizabeth."

 

that was announced on the 9th June. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, winman14 said:

 

that was announced on the 9th June. 

Sorry - missed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Sorry - missed it.

Glad I'm not the only one who finds it impossible to keep up. 😌

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AnnieC said:

Glad I'm not the only one who finds it impossible to keep up. 😌

Thanks Annie - just seen your post. Why did I log on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's behind a pay wall, but a trade paper says Carnival are thinking of selling the Cunard and Selbourne brands. Who would buy them in todays environment?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carnival have issued a denial, according to fb

Cathy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wowzz said:

It's behind a pay wall, but a trade paper says Carnival are thinking of selling the Cunard and Selbourne brands. Who would buy them in todays environment?

Carnival have publicly and strongly denied this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wowzz said:

It's behind a pay wall, but a trade paper says Carnival are thinking of selling the Cunard and Selbourne brands. Who would buy them in todays environment?

We will not let them sell off our Selbourne - his contributions to the boards are far too valuable 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Britboys said:

We will not let them sell off our Selbourne - his contributions to the boards are far too valuable 😂

Everybody has a price😂😂

Andy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Everybody has a price😂😂

Andy 

Especially when they have their eyes on an expensive car...😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Especially when they have their eyes on an expensive car...😂

But P&O would only offer a future car credit so the deal must be off 😤🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just caught up with the latest posts. Very funny 😂. Andy is right. We all have a price. No morals here 😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luxury line Crystal Cruises has cancelled all itineraries through to the end of 2020. Not sure what the itineraries were but they are generally world-wide in winter. They are offering FCC's of 125% to be used on any cruise up to 31 December 2023!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Britboys said:

Luxury line Crystal Cruises has cancelled all itineraries through to the end of 2020. Not sure what the itineraries were but they are generally world-wide in winter. They are offering FCC's of 125% to be used on any cruise up to 31 December 2023!

 

Not the official site, but some useful info

 

https://shipmonk.co.uk/2020/08/01/crystal-cruises-cancels-all-ocean-yacht-and-river-sailings-for-the-rest-of-2020/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...