Farewell Monarch and Sovereign ( of the Seas)

Common sense does not apply to all the eBay Sellers.  $225 for current ships that should be sailing for many years does not make any sense.  Even now you can see where blocks for the same ship have different prices.  You can also look at past sales and see what some sold for in the past few years.  I know a Monarch sold for $49 last year.

16 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Common sense does not apply to all the eBay Sellers.  $225 for current ships that should be sailing for many years does not make any sense.  Even now you can see where blocks for the same ship have different prices.  You can also look at past sales and see what some sold for in the past few years.  I know a Monarch sold for $49 last year.

Should have been last few months.

7 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

This might be a great time for me to try to sell both my Sovereign and Monarch crystal blocks. Interest and sentimentality seem high.   A quick check on eBay shows that ship blocks are going from $25 - $225.  A huge range. 

Our first cruise was on the Sovereign.  So many fond memories.  Sure would like to have a Sovereign of the Seas crystal block.  I would be willing to trade any two of my duplicate crystal blocks (Freedom, Jewel, Grandeur, Explorer) for your Sovereign block.  If interested or you want to negotiate for a “3 for 1” trade,  send me an e-mail:   delitchfield at aol dot com.

13 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

This might be a great time for me to try to sell both my Sovereign and Monarch crystal blocks. Interest and sentimentality seem high.   A quick check on eBay shows that ship blocks are going from $25 - $225.  A huge range. 

Agreed.  I don't think they will increase in value 

The end of an era.  Sovereign was my first Royal Caribbean cruise and it was the first cruise my children experienced. My cousin was married in the Bahamas on that cruise and it was a family event. We had combined a few days at Disney and a day at Universal on that trip and to my surprise my kids preferred cruising to Disney. They have never asked to go back to Disney or Universal and now they book their own cruises.

10 hours ago, Biker19 said:

They need to be quick, they need room for other ships coming. 

I called up Google Earth to see if they had a latest satellite photo but this one looks older. Seems like Aliaga has lot's of room but until you can see a more recent photo, it's hard to know how many ships are waiting offshore.

Aliaga.jpg

14 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Seems like Aliaga has lot's of room but until you can see a more recent photo, it's hard to know how many ships are waiting offshore.

The most recent availability of space is to watch the videos of the beaching of the 4 ships. There didn't seem to be a lot of room left when I saw those videos. They squeeze them in there real tight.

https://youtu.be/Do6rswWX218

117031874_10163733538535570_2587908507608703817_o.jpg

That's Sovereign on the left and Fantasy on the right with Inspiration in the middle.

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 1

On 8/3/2020 at 1:10 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

What would you consider a fair price for the Sovereign block?  I might be interested if the price is reasonable.  Or, are there any other blocks the you want?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2020 at 1:10 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

FYI - A Monarch block popped up on EBAY today.  Buy it now for $189.99 or bidding starting at $79.99.  So far no bidders, but you may want to watch to see what happens.

32 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

FYI - A Monarch block popped up on EBAY today.  Buy it now for $189.99 or bidding starting at $79.99.  So far no bidders, but you may want to watch to see what happens.

Our first cruise was on the Sovereign of the seas.  Do not recall seeing a Sovereign block on E-BAY.  

Our first cruise together was on the Sovereign of the Seas back in 1988 then again 20 yrs later, a few days apart from one another. I believe it was the 7th voyage in '88. It's very sad & I will miss her! Like losing an old friend.

• Like 1