July 23 update on cancellations just announced

evandbob

Here is the complicated list of cancellations:

• San Francisco sailings through 2020
  • Carnival Spirit and Carnival Splendor sailings through and including October 29, 2020
  • Carnival Legend sailings through and including October 30, 2020
  • Mardi Gras sailings November 14, 2020 through and including January 30, 2021
  • Carnival Breeze from Ft. Lauderdale sailings November 7, 2020 through and including March 7, 2021
  • Carnival Imagination and Carnival Inspiration sailings through and including April 19, 2021
  • Carnival Magic from Miami and Barcelona sailings March 13, 2021 through and including May 3, 2021
  • Carnival Fascination sailings through and including January 9, 2022
  • Carnival Sensation sailings March 3, 2022 and March 7, 2022
  • Carnival Sunrise:

Sailings through and including October 19, 2020

Miami 7 and 8 day sailings from October 9, 2021 through and including April 30, 2022, excluding the March 5, 2022 sailing

Miami 5 day sailing January 3, 2022

• Carnival Radiance:

Sailings through and including November 1, 2020

9, 12 and 14 day sailings from May 2, 2021 through and including April 29, 2022

5 day sailings December 23, 2021 and December 28, 2021

• All Other Ships sailings through and including September 30, 2020
Edited by PelicanBill
  • Like 1

This is HUGE! I'm really confused of the motivation behind these cancellations though. Like Fascination, is that because San Juan/PR is saying no cruises until 2022? Or Radiance on the long sailings because certain ports are also closed through 2022? Would love additional info/insight.
Also a little annoyed that they're still saying they'll begin other cruises in October.

So sad Sunrise is being moved to Port of Miami from Port Everglades. Chose her as it is so much easier to cruise out of FLL for us. And prefer FLL for shorter cruises. We were booked for October 31. Changes/updates to be emailed to us sometime before August 23. If agree to change get $100 OBC. Or have until September 30 to request refund. And PVPs or other agents have no access to booking(s). Although I am wondering if it will now be a seven night cruise. That is unclear to me. Wait and see.

Edited by cellfree

11 minutes ago, the_lovely_voyage said:

This is HUGE! I'm really confused of the motivation behind these cancellations though. Like Fascination, is that because San Juan/PR is saying no cruises until 2022? Or Radiance on the long sailings because certain ports are also closed through 2022? Would love additional info/insight.
Also a little annoyed that they're still saying they'll begin other cruises in October.

Carnival is putting the Fascination into long-term lay-up status - likely to be sold in the future. The announcement that came out today indicated that CCL is focusing on mainland homeport - my guess is because they are driveable for a lot of people. No idea when/if cruising from San Juan will be available again the future. 

• Like 1

As soon as I read they were selling Fantasy and Inspiration, I booked a cruise on each with a $150 deposit on each (for whatever reason the web site was still taking reservations).  The cruise from Mobile is still going (maybe - it's in October) and has been shifted from Fantasy to Sensation, but Inspiration was cancelled, for which I get my deposit as a future cruise credit plus a $300 on board credit!  Great deal!

• Like 1

Ugh. At least we have until May 2021 to make a decision. This is the second time my Imagination trip has been cancelled.
Husband and I agreed that if cancelled we would just do Alaska instead, but right now, I am weary of dropping any more money into a cruise. Especially one that is double the price. Even if it is in July 2021.
Sigh. This sucks. Stupid Covid. 😞 

• Like 2

So these are all cancellations due to ship movement and nothing regarding the current Pandemic. 

Probably will be another announcement soon in regards to October/ November sails. Possibly after final payments have been processed. 

• Like 7

I'm shocked they haven't cancelled any further cruises out of Galveston with this announcement, considering the situation in TX.  Oh well - we moved our October Freedom cruise deposit over to a 2021 cruise, so we're good right now.  Our December 2020 Vista cruise out of Galveston remains to be seen though.  Best wishes to those that this announcement impacts!  😍

• Like 1

I just lost the Fascination in January 2021 and expect to lose the Breeze in October 2020, so we made our decision based on the two cruises together, rather than two unrelated decisions.  We are canceling the one that was the most expensive and moving the other one to the Legend in January 2021, to avoid Amex reversing two $100 statement credits.  I admit we considered canceling both, but hated to lose $800 for a $647 refund ($600 OBC, plus Amex would keep $200 of the $847 refund).

12 minutes ago, linz98144 said:

So these are all cancellations due to ship movement and nothing regarding the current Pandemic. 

Probably will be another announcement soon in regards to October/ November sails. Possibly after final payments have been processed. 

Yeah, there's another thread that shows how Princess did the right thing.

58 minutes ago, naxer said:

So the final payments for the cruises that will be cancelled in October and November are still required?  I was hoping they wouldn't do that.

As far as I know, they are.  I have heard some reports of people calling customer service or their PVPs and moving their final due date back a few days or moving the full amount of their payments (with no penalty) to another cruise.

1 minute ago, Honolulu Blue said:

As far as I know, they are.  I have heard some reports of people calling customer service or their PVPs and moving their final due date back a few days or moving the full amount of their payments (with no penalty) to another cruise.

I figure I'll wait until the first week of August to see what I can do.  I keep on telling myself I'm not thinking about it until August. 😆  After these announcements, they must be swamped.  To see how it goes, I booked my November cruise with a TA through a credit card company.  I will be interested to hear what they say, do, or propose. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, linz98144 said:

If it wasn't for the Pandemic, all of the ships would be sailing to full capacity.  Carnival knows that the majority of the people are not ready yet to jump on a ship with what's still going on and could possibly get worse.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, linz98144 said:

Who said that?  They are def interrelated.  The purpose of all this to put the ships where they will be sailing from as cruising begins to resume and regrow.

• Like 1

I wish if they were going to cancel other cruises this year, they would have done it in this announcement. Because now I'm sitting here with my Oct 3rd Panorama booking looking stupid.

It's like when that one person in the office is about to get laid off and EVERYONE knows it and no one can make eye contact.

Edited by Cyn874
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I just lost the Fascination in January 2021 and expect to lose the Breeze in October 2020, so we made our decision based on the two cruises together, rather than two unrelated decisions.  We are canceling the one that was the most expensive and moving the other one to the Legend in January 2021, to avoid Amex reversing two $100 statement credits.  I admit we considered canceling both, but hated to lose $800 for a $647 refund ($600 OBC, plus Amex would keep $200 of the $847 refund).

We are in the same boat with losing Fascination in Jan. I am waiting for them to cancel October on the Breeze. I would like to not be a debbie downer but I don't forsee them cruising unfortunately.

• Like 1

Just curious if anyone has actually received their cancellation email yet.  I'm scheduled on the 3/13 cruise on the Magic (previously on the Breeze until the switcheroo two weeks ago), but haven't gotten an email yet and my cruise is still showing a countdown.  I know it isn't going to happen, just curious is all!

9 hours ago, lagienomai said:

We are in the same boat with losing Fascination in Jan. I am waiting for them to cancel October on the Breeze. I would like to not be a debbie downer but I don't forsee them cruising unfortunately.

We just lost a May Fascination cruise that was also a rebook. Now have to look around some more but prices seem to be rising for other sailings