CDC Requests Input on Resumption of cruises and the public can participate

8 minutes ago, Slidell_Cruiser said:

This is just a CDC PR smoke screen that they are doing something,

The cruise lines have been sending in proposals to restart since May, with no reply, no dialogue.

The EU has already released guidance.

This is classic government process creation verse problem solving.

No matter your position on cruising, from ready to go now to scrap all these ships, this is total rubbish.....and will do nothing to restart the industry in the US....it’s only presenting the appearance of action verse working with an industry to solve this situation.

As a cruiser,  I don’t see cruising again until Oct 2021 at the earliest ..... most probably in the spring of 2022 and by then most of the industry will be in bankruptcy.

One old mans opine...

Old men and women tend to have common sense - the youngsters not so much.  🙂

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Slidell_Cruiser said:

This is just a CDC PR smoke screen that they are doing something,

The cruise lines have been sending in proposals to restart since May, with no reply, no dialogue.

The EU has already released guidance.

This is classic government process creation verse problem solving.

No matter your position on cruising, from ready to go now to scrap all these ships, this is total rubbish.....and will do nothing to restart the industry in the US....it’s only presenting the appearance of action verse working with an industry to solve this situation.

This is basically my feeling.  It took all this time to come up with this set of questions, when EU has come up with some requirements to restart cruising in their neck of woods.

Edited by gatour

19 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

Thoughts in Red

c. embarking passengers originating from countries with heightened COVID-19 activity?

Limit visits to the Bahamas, limit passengers to North American residents

Looking at the numbers, these are the last ones you want on board currently, hence that's why cruises can't commence from a North American port for the forseable future.

21 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I believe these are some items the Cruise industry has failed to address. 

6. What should be the medical capacity to manage an outbreak or a severe case of COVID-19 on board the ship?

a. What arrangements should cruise ship operators have with private companies to transport and obtain medical care shoreside for passengers and crew with severe COVID-19?

7. What pre-arrangements should be made to ensure that all U.S. seaport communities will accept a returning ship after a COVID-19 outbreak is identified?

8. What plans should cruise ship operators have for operationalizing shoreside quarantine facilities in the event of a COVID-19 outbreak on board a ship, without exposing the public and without relying on Federal, State, or local resources?

9. Due to obstacles with commercial travel thus far, what pre-arrangements should cruise ship operators make with the airline industry to accept crew and passengers from ships not affected by COVID-19?

10. How should cruise ship operators address specific country travel restrictions that emerge as COVID-19 activity increases in geographical areas, such as

a. border closures preventing passengers and crew from repatriating?

b. seaport closures preventing porting of ships?

c. embarking passengers originating from countries with heightened COVID-19 activity?

11. What measures should cruise ship operators be required to take to reduce the burden on U.S. government resources if foreign seaports deny cruise ships the ability to come into port during a voyage?

The elephant in the room.  Yep all these.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Dwight1 said:

I heard somewhere that CDC believes no possibility of cruising until at least April 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought that months ago, not changing now. After Spring Break 2021

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Slidell_Cruiser said:

Just curious, did you read the last eat from the CDC where they outline all they are doing to work with the industry?

• Like 1

Yes I have along with everything else I can find as source data verse news opine while I’m staying at home As much as possible in this interesting times.

If you honestly assess the CDC actions, releases and recommendations, they are all over the map and do not display the actions of a coordinated, competitent agency.

For example, in the early stage of this Dr Fauci said the virus would not effect the USA.

The news is a sound byte or twitter refeed, it takes a lot of work to drill down to facts you can verify with multiple sources....

1 hour ago, Slidell_Cruiser said:

Yes I have along with everything else I can find as source data verse news opine while I’m staying at home As much as possible in this interesting times.

If you honestly assess the CDC actions, releases and recommendations, they are all over the map and do not display the actions of a coordinated, competitent agency.

For example, in the early stage of this Dr Fauci said the virus would not effect the USA.

The news is a sound byte or twitter refeed, it takes a lot of work to drill down to facts you can verify with multiple sources....

After the good Dr's agonizing first pitch the other night, he was shown in the stands with 2 other people.  Masks down and seated next to each other.  My wife tells me not to voice my opinion on the govt handling of this - but I'll bet you can guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

I think Dr Fauci does a good job of presenting the latest scientific consensus as if that day, but his first pitch was juuuuuuuust a bit outside. 

Don't know if it reached the dugout but he had a line on it.  Not sure if I'd do much better, either.

Who is the public?

You have the faithful few that are still coming around these boards. They have one opinion.

Friends, Family and coworkers, mention planning a cruise and they will tell you I am out of my mind!

They have other things to think about, like re-opening schools, indoor dining, theaters, etc.

10 hours ago, B-52 said:

Who is the public?

You have the faithful few that are still coming around these boards. They have one opinion.

Friends, Family and coworkers, mention planning a cruise and they will tell you I am out of my mind!

They have other things to think about, like re-opening schools, indoor dining, theaters, etc.

As frustrating as it is for the passionate cruisers, Cruising is on the bottom of the list unfortunately and will be amongst the last things to return as there are many more important things to come first which at the end are also connected to even allow people to afford boarding a ship again in the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/24/2020 at 11:12 AM, plosfas said:

These feel like questions I am in no way qualified to answer 🙂

Though they want make us feel involved, doubt they'd use our input or anything we suggest would overide any of CDC's. Thats the Govt. Hearings but in the end we little people cant change much

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LXA350 said:

As frustrating as it is for the passionate cruisers, Cruising is on the bottom of the list unfortunately and will be amongst the last things to return as there are many more important things to come first which at the end are also connected to even allow people to afford boarding a ship again in the future.

Should put me incharge, I'll get us back to Cruising tommorrow. Board ship Quaratine on it for 14 days followed by my B3B 32 nites. Then 14 more Quaratined all in same Aft/Corner Balcony Cabin.

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Should put me incharge, I'll get us back to Cruising tommorrow. Board ship Quaratine on it for 14 days followed by my B3B 32 nites. Then 14 more Quaratined all in same Aft/Corner Balcony Cabin.

28 days locked up in quarantine?  May as well just go break the law and get a month in jail for free.  And there you could get out of your room.  TV channels probably better too.

25 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Won’t it be a bit crowded with everyone in the same Aft/Corner Balcony Cabin?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/25/2020 at 9:11 AM, LXA350 said:

Limit visits to the Bahamas, limit passengers to North American residents

Looking at the numbers, these are the last ones you want on board currently, hence that's why cruises can't commence from a North American port for the forseable future.

Bring a ship back to New London, CT and allow only Nutmeggers on.  We have done a decent job for the last few months.  I would be willing to risk taking the trip.....for research purposes only, of course.

Edited by ptod

1 hour ago, bouhunter said:

28 days locked up in quarantine?  May as well just go break the law and get a month in jail for free.  And there you could get out of your room.  TV channels probably better too.

Yeah, long as have Internet, TV, Room Service and an Ocean View...Piece of Cake. Did couple months lockdown at home already. On a Cruise Ship, one that already did 150 nites in same cabin, easy. 

• Haha 1

You give me a room with a nice balcony, room service and internet access, I could easily spend a month in there without leaving. But the second you said it was mandatory I’d freak out and be frantic to leave. There’s a huge difference between choosing to be on a ship and being forced.  

Edited by zekekelso
  • Like 2

Just now, zekekelso said:

You give me a room with a nice balcony, room service and internet access, I could easily spend a month in there without leaving. But the second you said it was mandatory I’d freak out and be frantic to get out. There a huge difference between choosing to be on a ship and being forced.  

True....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zekekelso said:

You give me a room with a nice balcony, room service and internet access, I could easily spend a month in there without leaving. But the second you said it was mandatory I’d freak out and be frantic to leave. There’s a huge difference between choosing to be on a ship and being forced.  

As nice as a balcony cabin is, occasionally you want to get out of your cabin and move around to see something different. It's even on land based holidays, you are on your last day of you holiday that you ejoyed a lot and get to the airport and your flight get's cancelled and you are "forced" to stay another night or two. Even at a nice hotel or the same one you stayed before, from the moment it gets forced and your plans were changed without your influence, you will not enjoy it anymore and can't wait to get home.

On 7/24/2020 at 2:31 PM, zekekelso said:

These are the same sort of questions the CDC has back in March. It’s four months later, and as far as I know the major cruise lines have no answers. Until they have an answer, I don’t think we are cruising until Covid is essentially gone. 

Read an article today that the virus could become endemic which means it will never go away and a vaccine is our only hope.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/05/27/coronavirus-endemic/

Edited by MISTER 67

15 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Interesting article. Well written. Not encouraging but well written. 

Not encouraging is stating it mildly, can you see how we are living now and since March becoming the norm.

• Thanks 1