Cruise Planner Refund for Cruise that had Next Cruise OBC

Our Mariner was booked while on board a previous cruise and so we had a bit of "next cruise OBC".  We never used the OBC.

About a month ago, we cancelled the Mariner cruise.  We had an excursion and a drink package (the $18 one 😞 ) that would be refunded.

Today we noticed a refund for a bit more than the excursion.  I've cross referenced to all our expected refunds and the amount doesn't match anything.  The only thing I can think of is that they refunded the Mariner excursion + gave us back the Next Cruise OBC.  I can't tell exactly though as the OBC is in USD and our cruise is priced in CAD...but the excursion + OBC as CAD is close to the refund amount.

Do they refund you for Next Cruise OBC?  If not...we are also expecting a refund for additional deposit that we made before final payment so it's possible they messed up the refund amount.

42 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Our Mariner was booked while on board a previous cruise and so we had a bit of "next cruise OBC".  We never used the OBC.

About a month ago, we cancelled the Mariner cruise.  We had an excursion and a drink package (the $18 one 😞 ) that would be refunded.

Today we noticed a refund for a bit more than the excursion.  I've cross referenced to all our expected refunds and the amount doesn't match anything.  The only thing I can think of is that they refunded the Mariner excursion + gave us back the Next Cruise OBC.  I can't tell exactly though as the OBC is in USD and our cruise is priced in CAD...but the excursion + OBC as CAD is close to the refund amount.

Do they refund you for Next Cruise OBC?  If not...we are also expecting a refund for additional deposit that we made before final payment so it's possible they messed up the refund amount.

RCI's refund process is a bit outdated as each of their internal cost centers refunds their portion of what you are entitled to.  You should be able to identify the cruise planner items and the taxes and fees.  as for the Next Cruise OBC, no, that is not refundable.

OK Thanks...I wasn't actually expecting the next cruise OBC to come in as a refund, but trying to figure out the number that doesn't match anything.  Maybe it's a portion then of the additional deposit....or they just got this number wrong (but upon cancelling the agent quoted me the amount that I had calculated as well - which was the same). Will wait to see when more refunds come in and then give them a call if it still doesn't add up.

2 hours ago, LuCruise said:

OK Thanks...I wasn't actually expecting the next cruise OBC to come in as a refund, but trying to figure out the number that doesn't match anything.  Maybe it's a portion then of the additional deposit....or they just got this number wrong (but upon cancelling the agent quoted me the amount that I had calculated as well - which was the same). Will wait to see when more refunds come in and then give them a call if it still doesn't add up.

Next cruise OBC does not get refunded.  You can call and get it applied to a different sailing that you already have booked. 

42 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Next cruise OBC does not get refunded.  You can call and get it applied to a different sailing that you already have booked. 

Oh wow. Thanks. Had no idea you could do that.