Think it will sail 2021?

2 minutes ago, cruisekitty22 said:

We have a cruise booked for February 24-March 1, 2021 to Harvest Caye and Costa Maya on the Encore from Miami. Do you think this cruise will be cancelled or it will sail? 

Good Luck, it might/could/should be Ok by then, however the truth is No one has a clue. It's all speculation at best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisekitty22 said:

We have a cruise booked for February 24-March 1, 2021 to Harvest Caye and Costa Maya on the Encore from Miami. Do you think this cruise will be cancelled or it will sail? 

It will sail. Enjoy your cruise. 

• Like 2

The British Government events are cancelling all events with over eighty people into June 2021, I think it’s highly unlikely that holidays will be a major concern, saving lives is more important.

I have always said spring 2021 to resume cruises, I now think we will be lucky to go cruising in 2021.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trimone said:

The British Government events are cancelling all events with over eighty people into June 2021, I think it’s highly unlikely that holidays will be a major concern, saving lives is more important.

I have always said spring 2021 to resume cruises, I now think we will be lucky to go cruising in 2021.

I hate to say it, but I'm kinda with you on that.  And what would the cruise atmosphere be like.   I think it will be totally dependant on when, if, and how effective a vaccine or cure will be.....   And as others have said, not a person has a factual clue as to whether the OP cruise will go or not.  Your guess is as good as any.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisekitty22 said:

My guess.....cancelled, based on the epidemic of new cases in Florida where few seem to care about mitigating against the virus spreading!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, All-ready2cruise said:

image.png.d4278e3fb6a2fb654e2666b2c30841e7.png

My crystal balls just aren't working properly but good luck op, I really hope your cruise is a go! 

This is why Canadians are so much fun. They use "disco balls" for soothsaying...

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, cruisekitty22 said:

I'm cautiously optimistic.   

Hope your cruise sails as we on the Encore a couple of weeks later🤞

I would not book the first half of the year until cruising actually resumes.  I am confident things will be getting back to normal by the second half of 2021 given the positive news on developing vaccines and therapeutics, but it will take a few months for those to be widely distributed and make an impact even if they are approved around the first of the year.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 9:02 AM, cruisekitty22 said:

I really hope we are cruising by February!! I have a cruise in Feb.. Prayers and fingers crossed...

I'd lean towards a "no" for February—but I think that things will be looking considerably better by then, given the positive progress of treatments and vaccines. A vaccine isn't going to end the pandemic overnight, though, even if it is effective, but if it starts getting distributed in the winter, we might be back to normal by the summer.

My guess is that cruises may be sailing by around this time next year. Fall 2021 sounds reasonable.

• Like 3

On 7/25/2020 at 9:02 AM, cruisekitty22 said:

I will be happy to make a guess. Based on what I see the virus doing in the US today, I don't think that there is much chance that we are going to be ready to sail that soon. Once a vaccine is developed, tested and approved it will take at least six months to get it to enough people to make sailing a viable option. For OP's sake I won't mind to be wrong.

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 9:02 AM, cruisekitty22 said:

I just went online and scheduled my dining reservations for my November 2020 cruise. That is hopeful..

You know they still haven't found a vaccine for AIDS and that's been ongoing for 40 plus years.

Whipping Covid-19 anytime soon is just pie in the sky. Honestly if you have any money invested

in a future cruise with any cruise line the safest bet is get a refund if you can and wait this out.

• Like 2