Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
jeanlyon

14 day Quarantine starting tomorrow for travellers from Spain

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

 I guess so I just hate that ‘floating Petri dish ‘ tag that seems to have stuck.

On the bright side, more difficult to increase fares 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Anyone else find it funny that there’s a lot of wringing of hands about the airlines being under threat of total collapse after all the recent news. However other than us on here I’ve heard little sympathy if cruise lines go under?

I imagine the coach holiday operators are in the same sticky position with little publicity (apart from Shearings going)? Similar risks and difficulties in many ways.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Also - it’s a difficult way to communicate.  No facial expressions or tone of voice to indicate sincerity or flippancy or attempted humour.

 

Imo it’s always best to leave a forum rather than allow oneself to get upset.  This one has the advantage of an “ignore poster” feature, which I have found useful at times.  It’s an option, rather than going ...

 

Good luck.  Good health. 

I tend to use emojis an awful lot as I find it can help to express the way your posts/texts are meant to come across.

I've read before on here about the "ignore poster". I didn't know anything about it. Could you explain please.

Avril 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, batholiver said:

You may cling to the notion that Boris and Cummings are doing a great job,  but please do allow those of us who just see a mess of confused messages to have a view.

 

Yours isn't the only view on these forums you know.

Don't you find though that it's not WHAT is said , but HOW it's said that's the problem? 

Avril 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I tend to use emojis an awful lot as I find it can help to express the way your posts/texts are meant to come across.

I've read before on here about the "ignore poster". I didn't know anything about it. Could you explain please.

Avril 

I have mystical powers and shall know if you're ignoring me.😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

I have mystical powers and shall know if you're ignoring me.😂

I would never ignore you Annie. Only the very few who I'd find it difficult to hold my tongue with😉.

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I tend to use emojis an awful lot as I find it can help to express the way your posts/texts are meant to come across.

I've read before on here about the "ignore poster". I didn't know anything about it. Could you explain please.

Avril 

It's like sticking your fingers in your ears and going "la la la I'm not listening",lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone’s ignoring me I have no friends 😟😕🙁☹️😣😖😫😢😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Don't you find though that it's not WHAT is said , but HOW it's said that's the problem? 

Avril 

WHAT?😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

He’ll be on Radio 4 later though denying he said that.........

What time is he on ?, or is that something you made up?🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brian1 said:

It's like sticking your fingers in your ears and going "la la la I'm not listening",lol.

So your just saying close eyes then?😜 I'm ignoring you.😌😂

Sis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, AnnieC said:

I imagine the coach holiday operators are in the same sticky position with little publicity (apart from Shearings going)? Similar risks and difficulties in many ways.

 

 

We've been looking into Alfa coach holidays and they're starting up again 1st September. The way they've changed everything to make sure their coaches and hotels they use are covid safe is impressive. I would feel comfortable using them.

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, zap99 said:

WHAT?😂

😜 ignore.😂😂

Avril 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AnnieC said:

I imagine the coach holiday operators are in the same sticky position with little publicity (apart from Shearings going)? Similar risks and difficulties in many ways.

 

 

 

Somewhat bizarrely I keep getting emails from Shearings plugging loads of new holidays.  Don't know whether it's a different company using the name or whether they managed to do a phoenix act.  Like you, as far as I'm concerned, Shearings went under unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

 

Somewhat bizarrely I keep getting emails from Shearings plugging loads of new holidays.  Don't know whether it's a different company using the name or whether they managed to do a phoenix act.  Like you, as far as I'm concerned, Shearings went under unfortunately.

Ledger have taken on some of Shearings and have kept the name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, zap99 said:

Ledger have taken on some of Shearings and have kept the name.

 

Aha, thank you for the explanation.  Only used them a few times.  Quite enjoyed the hotels in/outside Inverness and Rothesay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the start of the year, I booked a number of day trips with the local coach company. The earlier ones have been cancelled or rescheduled, but they have started up again, and we went on a trip last week. The coach had a capacity of 48, but there were only 22 passengers on board, so we were spread out throughout the coach, and there was regular sanitising going on. We all wore our masks, but for 3 hours there and three hours back, it was quite a long time.

 

We were due to go on a coach holiday to the Edinburgh Tattoo this year, but that has been rescheduled to next year. If we are still wearing masks this time next year, it will be very long journey for us, all the way to Scotland.

 

i want to support my local coach company, but I must admit that I’m not quite so keen on the idea of coach trips at present. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

At the start of the year, I booked a number of day trips with the local coach company. The earlier ones have been cancelled or rescheduled, but they have started up again, and we went on a trip last week. The coach had a capacity of 48, but there were only 22 passengers on board, so we were spread out throughout the coach, and there was regular sanitising going on. We all wore our masks, but for 3 hours there and three hours back, it was quite a long time.

 

We were due to go on a coach holiday to the Edinburgh Tattoo this year, but that has been rescheduled to next year. If we are still wearing masks this time next year, it will be very long journey for us, all the way to Scotland.

 

i want to support my local coach company, but I must admit that I’m not quite so keen on the idea of coach trips at present. 

 

Having earlier today spent less than 10 minutes on a bus, wearing a mask, I too would not be keen on coach trips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New quarantine annoucement from government anyone who travels by anything but bike will have to stay home for 3 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Windsurfboy said:

New quarantine annoucement from government anyone who travels by anything but bike will have to stay home for 3 months.

But in a breakthrough for personal liberty, people travelling by bike can still travel without a helmet, lights, reflective jacket, mask or necessarily any concern for other road users...

 

In another blow to plans to restart cruising, P&O confirms that said bike may not be stored on your balcony....

🤣😤🚢🚲

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

At the start of the year, I booked a number of day trips with the local coach company. The earlier ones have been cancelled or rescheduled, but they have started up again, and we went on a trip last week. The coach had a capacity of 48, but there were only 22 passengers on board, so we were spread out throughout the coach, and there was regular sanitising going on. We all wore our masks, but for 3 hours there and three hours back, it was quite a long time.

 

We were due to go on a coach holiday to the Edinburgh Tattoo this year, but that has been rescheduled to next year. If we are still wearing masks this time next year, it will be very long journey for us, all the way to Scotland.

 

i want to support my local coach company, but I must admit that I’m not quite so keen on the idea of coach trips at present. 

I am going by train to visit my Mum next week and the journey will take 3 hours so I have bought a cheap plastic visor as I didn t want to wear a mask for that long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I have a set of criteria that will need to be met before i go anywhere. I have enough potential exposure to Covid at my (albeit now very part time) job. I very much believe people should try to be well informed then decide but predominantly hope that t the moment until FCO clearance will not go. However when watching a news bulletin last night a young female interviewee said she was "entitled" to go on holiday as she worked hard and the powers that be must recognise she needed a break. Nope not wearing a mask, won't wear one, will try not to be tested on her return or get round it. This may be a minority but it won't help tackle the pandemic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Personally I have a set of criteria that will need to be met before i go anywhere. I have enough potential exposure to Covid at my (albeit now very part time) job. I very much believe people should try to be well informed then decide but predominantly hope that t the moment until FCO clearance will not go. However when watching a news bulletin last night a young female interviewee said she was "entitled" to go on holiday as she worked hard and the powers that be must recognise she needed a break. Nope not wearing a mask, won't wear one, will try not to be tested on her return or get round it. This may be a minority but it won't help tackle the pandemic.

Oh well if she worked hard ,that changes everything .:classic_wacko:

She must think we get ours for free with a milk token or something.

Maybe (Not that I would wish it upon anyone) she could do with a dose of it to bring her 

into the real world . You don't have to stray further than these boards to read some of 

the heartbreaking stories the virus has brought to some families.

All we can do is try to stay safe ourselves, so keep to your  criteria ccpm and keep safe.:classic_smile:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ccpm said:

However when watching a news bulletin last night a young female interviewee said she was "entitled" to go on holiday as she worked hard and the powers that be must recognise she needed a break. Nope not wearing a mask, won't wear one, will try not to be tested on her return or get round it. This may be a minority but it won't help tackle the pandemic.

Another member of the " Won't Happen To Me Club" and the irony of it is , it probably won't.  She'll just bring it back and pass it around amongst her family and close friends. Boris has said, only today, that he fears we're close to a second spike. It only takes one inconsiderate covidiot.

Avril 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What amuses me is those who say they cannot quarantine because their work / business couldn’t manage without them for a couple of weeks. What about the week or more when they were in Spain on holiday? Maybe other employees were forced to take the same time off and the business was closed ☹️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...