NCL Guest Ticket Contract requires refund for cancelled cruises

raytamt1

4 hours ago, zqvol said:

The substitute vessel is the one that you book using your FCC. No where does that language say that the substitute vessel have to be sailing at the same tie, or the same itinerary, and in fact they could offer you a train trip and be fully compliant with the language above.

Wow, that's a stretch.

That would never hold up in court. They are not even following the law now.

The state of Florida clearly states ( Florida statures Chapter 501.95) in its laws that Gift cards, gift certificates and credit memos "Do not expire" so how can NCL put a date on its Future cruise "Credits".

Steve

1 hour ago, SeaShark said:

Why does this happen to you and not to them? Has to be a reason behind that

I would imagine the cheerleaders have become so brainwashed by NCL, they just accept it as normal. They are so used to it...they just expect bad results and poor customer service.

It's the unsuspecting customer that is used to working in good faith that is floored by NCLs ridiculous policies and lack of regard for customer service. At least that is my perception. The 20,000 plus posters just accept the bad behavior for what it is.....bad behavior.

21 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

I did read the OP...not only was it off-point, but your interpretation of the contract was incorrect. But hey, what do I know...I only had three (3) cruises cancelled by the government due to COVID. The accounting of my funds is 100% complete and was done 100% to my satisfaction...but hey, your expertise seems to be working so well for you.

FWIW, if you're going to try to insult someone (since your content hasn't achieved your goal), then you should be careful to ensure the proper use of the comma. Makes all the difference in the meaning.

Nope sorry, my interpretation was spot on. As I already posted, I got my chargeback approved specifically because of USAA Federal Savings Bank's interpretation of the contract language that I pointed out. I already forced my refund. I just want others that weren't refunded to do the same.  I only quoted your post to direct my post towards you. I didn't actually directly address anything in your post because it is complete jibberish. Sorry for calling you a dummy. You are obviously a genius. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SeaShark said:

Best of luck getting strangers on a message board to coalesce and deliver the desired result you aren't getting through the proper channels. Perhaps you should file a complaint with the folks at ConsumerAffairs.com

Solid advice, right here. My attorney general got for me in 5 days, what I was unable to get in 100. You are spot on, NCL couldn't care less about what people write on message boards. Once independent third parties get involved, they tend to engage and cave promptly. It's like the classic high school bully....nudge, shove, and push the limits and then cave in as soon as the teacher calls you on it. Foolish business strategy, but hey, it's a capitalist economy.

16 hours ago, raytamt1 said:

Nope sorry, my interpretation was spot on. As I already posted, I got my chargeback approved specifically because of USAA Federal Savings Bank's interpretation of the contract language that I pointed out. I already forced my refund. I just want others that weren't refunded to do the same.  I only quoted your post to direct my post towards you. I didn't actually directly address anything in your post because it is complete jibberish. Sorry for calling you a dummy. You are obviously a genius. 

Respectfully, having read your posts on this subject for 3 pages, I think you need to grow up. You are just being rude at this point.

I'm adding you to my ignored users list, don't bother replying because I won't see it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, raytamt1 said:

I can't buy that anyone would post everyday for 15 years. That's about 5500 days in a row without a day off. Probably all kinds of breaks in terms of weeks, months or even years. I don't have the time they do do research other posters' histories, so I'm not going to bother studying their mile-long rap sheet of posts. I just know that, again, plain old common sense says:

20,000+ posts = full time job. Period. Especially, when all the ones that I have seen, loyally and predictably fight tooth and nail any posts that calls out NCL for their dishonest, unethical tactics. I made this original posting fully expecting nothing less. My purpose of the OP was to share my successful chargeback effort, encourage others who remained ticked and unrefunded to do the same, and eat lots of popcorn while all the goons and hatchet men predictably come out swinging. [/quote]

Not quite what I said - I said over 15 years that averages out to 4 posts per day.  I'm sure there were some days where there were 20-30 posts, and some days when there were none.  You may not be someone who spends a lot of time on message boards, but I am - I have a board I've been on for nearly 20 years, and I have a similar post count (and have friends who have 2-3 time as many posts in that same amount of time) - none of us are paid, we're just passionate.  We may post a hundred times in a day but many of those posts may be short and may be answering questions, some may be in 'fun' threads that are treated like a game, some are in political threads where the conversations go back and forth pretty quickly.

22k posts in 15 years is really not anything that stands out as outrageous, and certainly not a full-time job (for example, a quick look at your profile shows that you've posted 17 times in the last 4 days.  So, that's an average of 4 posts a day - was that a full-time job?  Were you paid?  Of course not! )

21 hours ago, raytamt1 said:

BTW Jobeth66, your feedback seems unbiased, and I appreciate that.

Thank you - I try to be unbiased.  I've been on message boards for over 40 years, I listen to all sides.

• Like 2

On 7/28/2020 at 11:14 AM, DCGuy64 said:

Respectfully, having read your posts on this subject for 3 pages, I think you need to grow up. You are just being rude at this point.

I'm adding you to my ignored users list, don't bother replying because I won't see it.

Ok, thanks for letting me know.

On 7/27/2020 at 1:21 PM, zqvol said:

The substitute vessel is the one that you book using your FCC. No where does that language say that the substitute vessel have to be sailing at the same tie, or the same itinerary, and in fact they could offer you a train trip and be fully compliant with the language above.

Well, this is just silly. If I booked the Epic to sail the caribbean in May for $2,000 and received a $2,500 FCC. Then to rebook the Epic in the caribbean for Next May it costs $3,5000... no rational person would consider that a "substitute".... 

5 hours ago, sanger727 said:

Well, this is just silly. If I booked the Epic to sail the caribbean in May for $2,000 and received a $2,500 FCC. Then to rebook the Epic in the caribbean for Next May it costs $3,5000... no rational person would consider that a "substitute".... 

Agreed, our May cruise was cancelled and the only time the cruise line is repeating the itinerary and ship is this October. Doesn't work with our schedule and the cabin type we had is fully booked, so we're just out of luck. We're taking a different ship next August instead.

On 7/27/2020 at 1:11 PM, SeaShark said:

Heck, you'd think you could easily convince someone if they were "legitimately really stupid". 

This is false.  Intelligent people are capable of processing new information and changing their viewpoints. Stupid people are not.  It’s similar to the Dunning-Kruger effect.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect . No worries, I’m sure that you will not be convinced otherwise.  

Edited by Fido Chuckwagon

24 minutes ago, Fido Chuckwagon said:

This is false.  Intelligent people are capable of processing new information and changing their viewpoints. Stupid people are not.  It’s similar to the Dunning-Kruger effect.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect . No worries, I’m sure that you will not be convinced otherwise.  

So you came back to dig up an eight day old post to make a lame insult? Having a slow day?

BTW, if you're looking to frame something as intelligent, I suggest you obtain your information from a better place than Wikipedia.