Americans not allowed in most countries/islans

grest

3 hours ago, chipmaster said:

if you do a little research high efficacy vaccine with low risk / downside are rarer than a unicorn

That's what the anti vaxxers would like you to believe. But we do in fact have many vaccines that work well and have reduced the incidences of many deadly diseases. I agree that the first efforts might not be the best but to say there are no effective vaccines is just wrong.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HappyInVan said:

I'm not an American, and I'm concerned about the 60k currently in hospitals. The thousand Americans dying every day, and the many thousands suffering serious impairment.

Of course, I'm dumb. So, I have to ask the question. Would it not be easier for your country to squash the disease in the next two months. Life slowly returns to normal. Cruising resumes in Florida by Christmas!

Aloha, Tahiti!

Am I missing something here???

COVID Tracking USA hospitalizations July 26.JPG

this is a trifecta of depression graphs that say we aren't going to be cruising this year.  The medical community is far smarter for the second wave and the demographics is much younger with better survival statistics, but we can see the slow rise in the last graph is so sad.    I figure we'll see deaths  that climb for the next month before we get cases back down below 20 and hospitalizations below 20K.   

Returning to the original thread.......  I think we are going to look long and hard at taking one of the "boutique" cruises up the Mississippi or one of the other rivers here in the US this spring.  Not only has this been "sort of" on our radar for many years, but I really believe that these small ships (under 250 passengers) have the best chance of ANY cruises to be permitted to sail.   (And as they stay in US waters, there is no issue with a foreign government saying we are not welcome) 

Add to this the fact that as expensive as they are, we "should" have the money, as we are spending WAY less on eating out and domestic travel in 2020.....

Edited by FredT
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Divi said:

Are any of those 9 countries open to U. S. travellers?

New Zealand is definitely not open to US travellers. We do not want to undo the good that we have achieved. Only NZ citizens, residents and their close families can enter the country. And, no, the virus did not 'burn out'. Take care everyone. Stay safe. Kia kaha (stay strong).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, colbe said:

New Zealand is definitely not open to US travellers. We do not want to undo the good that we have achieved. Only NZ citizens, residents and their close families can enter the country. And, no, the virus did not 'burn out'. Take care everyone. Stay safe. Kia kaha (stay strong).

In addition to this information, all people returning here, have to spend 2 weeks in managed isolation at hotels, they have tests on days 3 and 12, can only be discharged from isolation when they have a negative test.  Today in our country, there are 21 cases of the virus,  none in hospital, they are all  managed in hotels,  with no new cases of the virus reported.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, erewhon said:

In addition to this information, all people returning here, have to spend 2 weeks in managed isolation at hotels, they have tests on days 3 and 12, can only be discharged from isolation when they have a negative test.  Today in our country, there are 21 cases of the virus,  none in hospital, they are all  managed in hotels,  with no new cases of the virus reported.

Well done.  We are at the opposite end of the spectrum.

32 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

Well done.  We are at the opposite end of the spectrum.

It is now 87 days since New Zealand had a community transmission of covid19. It doesn't stop us collectively holding our breath every day at 1pm as we wait for the latest update from the health department. We know that we are still vulnerable, and so we remain alert and ready to act if any infection is detected in the community.

8 minutes ago, colbe said:

It is now 87 days since New Zealand had a community transmission of covid19. It doesn't stop us collectively holding our breath every day at 1pm as we wait for the latest update from the health department. We know that we are still vulnerable, and so we remain alert and ready to act if any infection is detected in the community.

I am hoping that this link to a short WHO documentary will work for you

Yes we are all bummed that we can’t travel

Yes we all dream of the places we’d like to go

Yes we are impatiently waiting for the opportunity to go somewhere

what I don’t understand is people’s desires to put their wants above all others

the sooner we stop spreading this virus from place to place, the sooner we will ALL be able to go again!

look at the areas with successful Covid containment... nobody in/nobody out

Now is the time to STAY HOME!!

• Like 7

4 hours ago, shadesofblonde said:

Yes we are all bummed that we can’t travel

Yes we all dream of the places we’d like to go

Yes we are impatiently waiting for the opportunity to go somewhere

what I don’t understand is people’s desires to put their wants above all others

the sooner we stop spreading this virus from place to place, the sooner we will ALL be able to go again!

look at the areas with successful Covid containment... nobody in/nobody out

Now is the time to STAY HOME!!

Oh, so true.  Why would anyone get on a ship anytime soon?  Social distancing and wearing a mask is not my idea of cruising.  Plus, with things in a state of flux, you could find yourself stuck somewhere - on the ship or in Australia like I was back in March when the Ruby Princess cruise from Sydney to the US was cancelled.

Even with a vaccine widely accessible, if a foreign port hears somebody sneeze or cough while getting off the ship, it'll

be curtains.

Time for some road trips until cruising settles down.  All of those ports will still be there.

• Like 1