Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Luckiestmanonearth

Once Covid Vaccine comes out, would you be 1st in line?

Recommended Posts

So many people have indicated that they won’t cruise until we have a Covid vaccine

 

Question is once a vaccine is developed, approved and available , would you necessarily be one of the 1st ones in line to get a vaccine so you can cruise?

 

Or would you be apt to wait and see how it goes ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

So many people have indicated that they won’t cruise until we have a Covid vaccine

 

Question is once a vaccine is developed, approved and available , would you necessarily be one of the 1st ones in line to get a vaccine so you can cruise?

 

Or would you be apt to wait and see how it goes ?

I'm skeptical that they can get the billions produced that the planet will need so I'm guessing I'll be quite a ways down the list. I don't see us traveling intl.until late next year at the soonest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

 

Or would you be apt to wait and see how it goes ?

 

I will wait and see how it goes. I feel no need to be among the first to get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Absolutely not.  We will wait to see if there are any post release issues/reactions.

 

A cruise is hardly worth risking our health over.   Does not matter to us if we wait a year or three years.

Edited by iancal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

So many people have indicated that they won’t cruise until we have a Covid vaccine

 

Question is once a vaccine is developed, approved and available , would you necessarily be one of the 1st ones in line to get a vaccine so you can cruise?

 

Or would you be apt to wait and see how it goes ?

It all depends on how many movies I watch beforehand that are premised on problematic vaccines causing the zombie apocalypse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless it is a matter of cruise or no cruise, there is no reason for me to rush to get this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My intention is to let a few million people try it first.  I'm not inclined to be a lab rat just to take a cruise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, K32682 said:

My intention is to let a few million people try it first.  I'm not inclined to be a lab rat just to take a cruise. 

I was thinking just the opposite. I would be happy to be a lab rat for a coronavirus vaccine. What bigger contribution could I make at this time of my life?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When it is released to the public and approved it will have been tested. Of course I will pay attention to the testing results. I will get the vaccine but I won’t trying to jump ahead of anyone or to get it for a cruise. I won’t dawdle though, I will get the vaccine because I don’t want to get infected and I will get vaccinated to help get the population to herd immunity.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

So many people have indicated that they won’t cruise until we have a Covid vaccine

 

Question is once a vaccine is developed, approved and available , would you necessarily be one of the 1st ones in line to get a vaccine so you can cruise?

 

Or would you be apt to wait and see how it goes ?

I would wait to make sure that it worked.I also want to check side effects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tend to wait a while on any new tech development, doesn't matter if it's a new smart phone, computer operating system, automobile or whatever, vaccines included.

 

I wouldn't be close to the front of the line anyway, so I'll observe and research how the vaccine is tolerated.  That is, if one does get mainstream approval.  Right now, Operation Warp Speed is just a bunch of PR and a lot of money being thrown around, making some pharma execs quite rich.  I can wait.

 

When I balance cruising vs. my health, I'd rather wear a mask on dry land as I socially distance myself, than try to rush back to an enjoyable but totally non essential activity like cruising.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, whogo said:

I was thinking just the opposite. I would be happy to be a lab rat for a coronavirus vaccine. What bigger contribution could I make at this time of my life?

 

If your "bigger contribution" costs you your life then it's too high a price to pay.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, K32682 said:

 

If your "bigger contribution" costs you your life then it's too high a price to pay.  

Somebody is going to be the human guinea pig, why not me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, K32682 said:

 

If your "bigger contribution" costs you your life then it's too high a price to pay.  

You do realize that safety trials on humans are already well underway? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mom says said:

You do realize that safety trials on humans are already well underway? 

 

And of course they already know it is safe, LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chipmaster said:

 

And of course they already know it is safe, LOL

Isn't that the purpose of safety trials?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mom says said:

Isn't that the purpose of safety trials?

It's supposed to be....now....not so sure at this point but hoping it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, mom says said:

You do realize that safety trials on humans are already well underway? 

 

Yes.  And I am not among them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mrs Bear and I have signed up for vaccine trials. There will be several ‘stage three’ trials starting in August.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was a Polio Pioneer in 1953, getting the Salk vaccine in its first general release.  You had to be a certain age to qualify [young].  Now I'm old, and if they want Pioneers among my cohort I will be happy to sign up again.  Everybody says 'follow the science' – this is my chance to put my money where my mouth is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I was a Polio Pioneer in 1953, getting the Salk vaccine in its first general release.  You had to be a certain age to qualify [young].  Now I'm old, and if they want Pioneers among my cohort I will be happy to sign up again.  Everybody says 'follow the science' – this is my chance to put my money where my mouth is.

  • Considering your history, I wonder if they would accept you.Please report back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TheOldBear said:

Mrs Bear and I have signed up for vaccine trials. There will be several ‘stage three’ trials starting in August.


When you say you are signed up for several stage 3 trials, is that with one of the vaccine producers or several of them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, I will not be one of the first in line. First of all, I’m low risk. Doesn’t mean I want to catch this thing but I do think statistics are on my side if I do. Let health care workers  and high risk people get it first. Second, yes, I wouldn’t mind letting it circulate for a bit for unexpected side effects and additional efficacy testing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:


When you say you are signed up for several stage 3 trials, is that with one of the vaccine producers or several of them?

It’s a site Ron by Oracle for the National Institute of Health (NIH) for all US vaccine trials.  coronaviruspreventionnetwork.org

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...