Ready to cruise again

geckoaz

Ok. I bailed on october and moved my money to may. And it is feeling great. Once again my friends are ready to talk cruising and are locked into may panorama. We are making hotel reservations and some air fare to west coast. In weekly chats  enthusiasm is up. We are ready to cruise again. Anyone else locked into a cruise where they are feeling good about. 

Edited by geckoaz
  • Like 3

Just the opposite.  I have a Carnival Nov and a Celebrity Edge in Dec booked, but I have little hope of sailing then due to the virus' resurgence.  We also have a Buenos Aires round the Horn to Santiago Chile booked for next March, but I fear that may also get cancelled.

I did sail back in February when we knew very little about the virus and I was comparing it to the flu.  But with what we've learned since then, I became more realistic about cruising, and lately, that's been devolving into pessimism.

But hey, good for you and I hope you have a great time!

Edited by evandbob

We’ve been sitting back and wondering when to book again. We had the transatlantic going to Iceland, Greenland... on the legend past June. Finally booked next year for Hawaii, October 2021. Even tho it’s so far off, I just needed to have something booked. 

I still have one cruise booked in Nov. and a B2B next Apr/May. These were all booked prior to shut down, and all on Royal. So far I have had 5 cruises cancelled, either be me or cruise line this year. I’m not hopeful for the Nov. sailing, and will probably cancel by final payment, if Royal doesn’t first. I’m cautiously optimistic about next Apr out of Singapore.

I have $400 in Carnival gift cards to use, so I’m just waiting for something that grabs my interest. Might just hold them until the Mardi Gras sister comes out.

I won’t put any money into booking anything else right now, until ships start sailing again.

I cruised the PANORAMA just before the shutdown and had another on her booked for August which was, of course, cancelled. Anxious to cruise her again, but don't have much confidence in her cruising very soon in the future. Thinking very seriously about just getting a refund started now but have until 12/31 to decide.

• Like 1

I booked a 1/2022 cruise on 1/2020 and I'm really not so sure of that one but if nothing else I hope the itiniary stays the same..i was going to book another msc for next summer but I'll wait.refunds take too long.

2 hours ago, geckoaz said:

Ok. I bailed on october and moved my money to may. And it is feeling great. Once again my friends are ready to talk cruising and are locked into may panorama. We are making hotel reservations and some air fare to west coast. In weekly chats  enthusiasm is up. We are ready to cruise again. Anyone else locked into a cruise where they are feeling good about. 

I think that was a smart move to bail on your October cruise in exchange for one in May.  I cruised on the Panorama's first 7 day cruise back in December and had a wonderful time.  We stayed at a hotel right by the port and loved it too.  If the Rhythms of the Nights tour in Puerto Vallarta is available when you cruise, I highly recommend it.  It was one of our best excursions ever. 

Our September cruise was cancelled and I rebooked for this coming January.  I am still debating about moving it, but will probably just let things play out and see how it goes.  I think May was a good choice.  I hope you have a lot of fun planning the cruise.  

I do have an April 2021 Panorama booked (prior to Covid-19).  Hoping for the best.  

But, I was also feeling the same for my newly cancelled Inspiration B2B thisDecember.  

I have a March 2022 booked. That MIGHT be the one  🙏🏼🌌🛳 ......

🙂🛳🙂

Bobbi 

18 hours ago, geckoaz said:

Good luck, IMO May is too soon to plan on sailing.

4 hours ago, comics said:

We have a Carnival cruise booked for August 2021 on The Horizon. We will be celebrating  our daughter's high school graduation. Hopefully by then cruising will resume.  

Good luck with that.  My son graduated this year.  We've had 4 cruises cancelled (one of which was his graduation present from us), his senior trip, prom, 4 months of school and now his college went 100% to online classes.  We tried to schedule a FL vacation but that had to be cancelled because of our governor putting in some travel restrictions.  I really feel bad for him and all the kids that graduated this year.