The Daily for Monday Jul 27, 2020

richwmn

today is Bagpipe Appreciation Day and National Scotch Day

Always borrow money from a pessimist; he doesn't expect to be paid back.

Meal suggestion for today - Honey mustard grilled salmon with Puy lentils

Wine of the day - DeLille Syrah Yakima Valley Signature vintage 2015

At Sea Pacific
Koningsdam destination Balboa eta 7/26
Oosterdam destination Panama Canal eta 7/28

Gulf Bridge (Amsterdam Luggage) destination Panama Canal, eta 8/13

Port Dickson
Eurodam
Noordam
Zuiderdam

Limassol
Amsterdam
Maasdam
Rotterdam
Veendam

Port Klang
Nieuw Amsterdam
Volendam
Westerdam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

0727Panama.png

0727Sing.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for the report.  With my Scottish heritage I love Bagpipe appreciation day.  Not into seafood so I'll pass on the meal suggestion.

Today's care list:

Allen in final surgery prep and Joy.

Kazu and family and Sharon's family for continued healing

Those in the path of or recovering from Hanna and Douglas

and Krazy Kruizers

Roy

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thank you Rich.  Hubby loves salmon, will have to check out the recipe.  I have a friend who plays bagpipes and does several parades.  Love to hear them.  Won't borrow money from anyone and don't care for scotch.

Love seeing where the ships are.  Everyone stay safe.  We are getting gas for the generators today, better prepared than not.  Got the last of the hurricane shutters installed last week.  So think we are ready.

• Like 5

Good Morning and thanks for the update. 
I’m remembering listening to the sound of the lone piper on the top of the ramparts of Edinburgh castle during the Tattoo.

Staysafe and keep cool. 
Prayers for all on our care list.

• Like 4

Good morning.  As always, a big THANK YOU for this thread. 

Love the maps, the quote, the meal and wine suggestions.  And I love knowing "what day is it?"   Hubby loves scotch (he can have mine 🙂).  In Kincardine Ontario, a town a bit south of us on the Lake Huron coast, there is a bagpipe parade on Friday evenings at 8 in the summer.

We had a bit of rain overnight, and it's still hot and humid this morning.  We're hoping for more rain later today.

Sending prayers and good wishes to everyone.

• Like 5

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

Love the bagpipes we have encountered in Scotland.  And of course, scotch goes with bagpipes so well 😉 

Not sure what is on the menu today, but we just had salmon so it will be something else and wine. 😉  Your wine suggestion sounds intriguing.

LOL on the quote.

Hope things are ok for our CC friends South of the border hit by the storms and the hurricane continues to verge north to spare as much of the Hawaiian islands as possible.

Just a day lily that I like:

B312C991-BD26-4913-94F2-C6FA26BFBE18.thumb.jpeg.a7ee8b33a96f42ae51624e92afaa7f2b.jpeg

Really relieved to see my blooms on my begonias out front.  I start them from bulbs and they were doing great until DH started to take care of them when I broke my foot.  They were half dead.  I had to cut them back to a shoot and start fresh, so these are late but doing well.

405D3880-6A5E-4941-B438-FA9D41BA8FB6.thumb.jpeg.b73ade210874904b878278de9619c994.jpeg

694710FE-9F50-4603-B827-231DAE4227F4.thumb.jpeg.69971f64399b5ec5b20a9f975edbdd8c.jpeg

FAEB5FB1-4C2E-4283-820A-4E555DA35FEF.thumb.jpeg.4c33b8cc38d8908913fba29eb4deccc1.jpeg

Prayers for all on the care list and hope everyone can stay safe from storms and covid and healthy.

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Good morning and thank you Rich.  Hubby loves salmon, will have to check out the recipe.  I have a friend who plays bagpipes and does several parades.  Love to hear them.  Won't borrow money from anyone and don't care for scotch.

Love seeing where the ships are.  Everyone stay safe.  We are getting gas for the generators today, better prepared than not.  Got the last of the hurricane shutters installed last week.  So think we are ready.

Here’s hoping the latest system swings far away from the coast, or never forms. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good Morning and thanks for the update. 
I’m remembering listening to the sound of the lone piper on the top of the ramparts of Edinburgh castle during the Tattoo.

Staysafe and keep cool. 
Prayers for all on our care list.

The Tattoo is on my bucket list. Some day. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, kazu said:

694710FE-9F50-4603-B827-231DAE4227F4.thumb.jpeg.69971f64399b5ec5b20a9f975edbdd8c.jpeg

FAEB5FB1-4C2E-4283-820A-4E555DA35FEF.thumb.jpeg.4c33b8cc38d8908913fba29eb4deccc1.jpeg

Prayers for all on the care list and hope everyone can stay safe from storms and covid and healthy.

As always, your pictures are so beautiful. Love the idea of the basket!

• Like 5

tartan joke - Page 2

A bottle of scotch | Very Funny Pics

Good morning Rich (thanks for Daily) Hi Daily-ites, my sweet sisters Ann and Denise, Roy, kazu, Sharon, puppy, Summer, and prayers to all on our prayer care list. Thanks Roy.

@DeeniEncinitas Maui looked like it was getting some nasty weather/rain/wind.. PLEASE let me know how your home and neighbors are! Jeez, you would have been there now if it weren't for the quarantine! 

@cat shepard those deer/buck in your yard reminds me of an old moose that used to come down our draw in the late afternoon and spend the night under our huge tree in the back. Then a few years later a buck showed up and would spend the afternoon under the tree. He left one of his antlers for us the year we moved.

We had a nice outdoor brunch yesterday with friends. We were very careful and wore masks in between sips and bites.. We had a nice rain fall for about 10 minutes.

We have been to the Tattoo or as some call it "The Homecoming" twice. The 2nd time was just 2 years ago when Allen wanted to go back for his 75th birthday. Amazing, truly.

Here's a picture of my sister and Allen out side our London flat. They sure looked happy!!

f1pTafwM89Xw1Huy7FKR2qZsJejQXm7wzrXutNa0FYMlKxxMIZXhgUuB9sope3PrQNa8V9RJe6iUpe35CjPxl0z3Dw1jJnZtoMJz9XdNAcI1CwX-tRBtxObXlbiX9F7XMs0ft2k4R3JIWwJ5xdyLw5mZY2wB7wZu-9IZpcj7F9Bd73iaW8eEEe1rHV8CftS-9gl3Wc1HQ7GvdIxqSyyGCzYILj8CR7QO0eSZOzu51J5wJ-9dNKeR7Oe6BWIfd2yqb8GM8poDmxG9eSS0X4hq8Y-PM9OtGN46jK08Doy4Kn093yDwC7KnGzDBeUsoWu-d4x_jOcIM_UZGPI4_s9h1J8uLluCJ6Pu7xJjIUAw6HpU8zwgqAe3LnD6-Z-50XXgfKTEaTIw4tCoJRuHwml2uvDKsBNJW-JhT5AtCHUzDNuvrRKH9prPtyt62oNilLZCcR18NhAeVliOSec-V6_lacHvIRkeOhJlV8GwwqAR8-r_wMDlz0Ez7vh2kjK2pE5nJQXkPUnfuFQR5_RxWDLpEQgBgLwAS7_tFky16bu0lHcX202aB4WjGFqXRtJcXQYZwMtDxffLRqSEtSRhEeq4ZMjl1caeIU_3NZWnUxpKiNvC2R06FpAnVaQr-WxoQupFx3PmL8vTC_uNjUZe3f90zLzXWd2KhLq84dRCHoA5mQqc6ebZmHxvYHAVxiCkk=w503-h893-no?authuser=0

Hope all have a great start to your week. Be kind, be safe, wear your mask!

Edited by Seasick Sailor
add on
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Morning Dailyites & my Sisters. Denise, hope your place in Maui weathered the storm well. Joy, hoping that tomorrow goes well for Allen & you, and you can now relax and start enjoying your new neighborhood & home!

I love the sound of bagpipes, and plan to do the Tattoo, sometime. Pass on the scotch. 

No salmon in the freezer, so will tuck today’s meal suggestion away for the future. Today’s wine sounds interesting. Here is what I found:

This wine's raspberry, cherry, herb, orange peel, coffee, smoke and spice aromas are understated. The flavors showing a very pretty sense of styling. SEAN P. SULLIVAN

• RATING
    91POINTS
  • PRICE
  • $46

Praying for those on the care list in hopes they continue down the path to full recovery.

Stay well everyone.
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

We have been to the Tattoo or as some call it "The Homecoming" twice. The 2nd time was just 2 years ago when Allen wanted to go back for his 75th birthday. Amazing, truly.

Here's a picture of my sister and Allen out side our London flat. They sure looked happy

f1pTafwM89Xw1Huy7FKR2qZsJejQXm7wzrXutNa0FYMlKxxMIZXhgUuB9sope3PrQNa8V9RJe6iUpe35CjPxl0z3Dw1jJnZtoMJz9XdNAcI1CwX-tRBtxObXlbiX9F7XMs0ft2k4R3JIWwJ5xdyLw5mZY2wB7wZu-9IZpcj7F9Bd73iaW8eEEe1rHV8CftS-9gl3Wc1HQ7GvdIxqSyyGCzYILj8CR7QO0eSZOzu51J5wJ-9dNKeR7Oe6BWIfd2yqb8GM8poDmxG9eSS0X4hq8Y-PM9OtGN46jK08Doy4Kn093yDwC7KnGzDBeUsoWu-d4x_jOcIM_UZGPI4_s9h1J8uLluCJ6Pu7xJjIUAw6HpU8zwgqAe3LnD6-Z-50XXgfKTEaTIw4tCoJRuHwml2uvDKsBNJW-JhT5AtCHUzDNuvrRKH9prPtyt62oNilLZCcR18NhAeVliOSec-V6_lacHvIRkeOhJlV8GwwqAR8-r_wMDlz0Ez7vh2kjK2pE5nJQXkPUnfuFQR5_RxWDLpEQgBgLwAS7_tFky16bu0lHcX202aB4WjGFqXRtJcXQYZwMtDxffLRqSEtSRhEeq4ZMjl1caeIU_3NZWnUxpKiNvC2R06FpAnVaQr-WxoQupFx3PmL8vTC_uNjUZe3f90zLzXWd2KhLq84dRCHoA5mQqc6ebZmHxvYHAVxiCkk=w503-h893-no?authuser=0

What a great pic of your Sister & Allen. Glad you had a great brunch!  
I wonder if moose lose their antlers each year the way deer do? Off to Google....

❤️

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

A bottle of scotch | Very Funny Pics

LOL 😄 

13 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Here's a picture of my sister and Allen out side our London flat. They sure looked happy!!

Great pic - they do look very happy, indeed 🙂 

• Like 2

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!   You had me at Scotch . . .   While I enjoy the bagpipes in a parade, I don't think I'd appreciate them full time, especially when the musician is just learning them! 

It's going to be a hot week here on the "frozen tundra", so I've got a pork loin and barbecue sauce that I'll pop into the slow cooker on the deck, and we'll have pulled pork sandwiches and fresh lettuce salad for dinner tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them, and especially for those with medical issues and in the paths of the storms.  Stay safe, be well !

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 4

1 minute ago, cat shepard said:

And for anyone interested, all members of the deer “family”, including its largest member - the moose, shed their antlers each year, since they are not fused to the skull. 

Thank you to our little family scholar..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good Morning all!

image.jpeg.c28838b9132937faa3694850402e3448.jpeg

LOL.

Love the pipes. Several years ago the school at the end of our street had a group of them entertain at an event. They warmed up in the parking lot. We had no idea where the fabulous music was coming from until we investigated.😀

Love mustard on salmon - baked into it.

Its T- minus 10 days (going in) for my retirement. I have a mini vacation in between that, so it’s still a couple weeks off.🤪😁

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Its T- minus 10 days (going in) for my retirement. I have a mini vacation in between that, so it’s still a couple weeks off.🤪😁

Tioga how exciting! Congratulations. Remind us on the day and we will be toasting you at Happy Hour, right @DeeniEncinitas and @cat shepard

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Tioga how exciting! Congratulations. Remind us on the day and we will be toasting you at Happy Hour, right @DeeniEncinitas and @cat shepard

Absolutely! This is a huge milestone, these next 10 days will fly by!  Enjoy them.

I do not know if everyone second guesses herself, or himself when they decide to retire, but I did. Luckily I drove from DC to Florida the day after I walked out of the door, so I did not have much time to think about it. And then when I came up for air, I was already enjoying myself too much.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Who knew there was a national scotch day and even better that it would fall on my 70th birthday! Got a bottle of 15 year old yesterday and we managed to put a nice dent into it all while social distancing outside.15e4c754fa417420556164969481855d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 3