The Daily for Monday Jul 27, 2020

richwmn

3 minutes ago, superoma said:

Who knew there was a national scotch day and even better that it would fall on my 70th birthday! Got a bottle of 15 year old yesterday and we managed to put a nice dent into it all while social distancing outside.15e4c754fa417420556164969481855d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wishing you a belated happy birthday.

Roy

17 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

I do not know if everyone second guesses herself, or himself when they decide to retire, but I did. Luckily I drove from DC to Florida the day after I walked out of the door, so I did not have much time to think about it. And then when I came up for air, I was already enjoying myself too much.

I retired almost eight years ago and never looked back a single day.  Having too much fun, at least until CoVid-19 raised its ugly head.  While I feel I’m going a little stir crazy at times, I try to keep in mind all the people who have suffered so much these last few months.

• Like 5

Hi everyone!  I was visiting the Princess board this morning and saw a funny meme I thought you'd enjoy.  Being a fan of ice cream AND cruising, this fits the bill.  Note the non-refundable deposit mentioned.  😂

116190666_3663668326995478_2864566924394539229_n.jpg.50e1311a4868aa97fbb94f621df9faa3.jpg

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 10
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, superoma said:

Who knew there was a national scotch day and even better that it would fall on my 70th birthday! Got a bottle of 15 year old yesterday and we managed to put a nice dent into it all while social distancing outside.15e4c754fa417420556164969481855d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Happy Birthday 🎂🎉🎁! Enjoy the start of your new year!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Its T- minus 10 days (going in) for my retirement. I have a mini vacation in between that, so it’s still a couple weeks off.

Oh how exciting!  I think within a couple of years you will wonder how you ever found time to go to work.

Roy

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to e erroneous for an uplifting morning read.  Continued Prayers for those on care List.  KK, I always valued your knowledgeable replies for almost any question.  Hope you will feel like posting g again in the near future.  Hoping all weathered both hurricanes well (I managed to get both names wrong on Saturday.). 

Scotch sounds great, but my wine drinking friend is arriving today from Denver.  Sure we will have a glass or two.  She is coming for a few days.  Needs a respite from some family caregiving stress.  Happy to provide respite for her.  She did same for me during my 4 years of Hospice duty for my DH.

Have a great day—enjoy Scotch, wine, salmon Or whatever works.  Know we would all rather be ordering in The MDR!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning,  thanks for the daily.  This is from a 2013 Veendam cruise.  I really am missing those dam ships.

91F33212-67FD-42EF-AA1D-5557C68D1157.jpeg

I think I met that same guy.   I think it was on that same cruise.  

7CaKJ1zNMWmk9fR02RkGTh47ybNuuNTdlDNbuZ35ocdB-jsBozUgzZddETnfeJ504hjSFPD55OMQgxKo6POYGszP1lv2hBo6W0ODzZy6tOkJEtb_3b8GE_CpEbFwoF7IdnDNa0-JYH1wxLDoAw282R8Kk_TnaC8l70o1PtWixnMI5Nw5whrBdO57eupSHvrXsX9_SxZl04c2a0AP-Oi7Cowsun1jVdztDsuvTBckxqj93O9oRXBzh6F7KcsHo9hwRsevMv9ldrJND7mZkd9DneCIHeuoWaQX7R-jj5CrlRIdIzzAEDJIu4_27zhkUOhrZpSh_q0tQBglpMQoe1_mbJl_KDajfjwCzFqbUTZ7Y0id60UhJwL_I3SvuHyFUEbitKOPFacuDunhKKzv4HLi3tFYYbg5JFg-k-w7hyzE3I3yaf_clLh1DHxk1lf6a2vRrRtj86t7YjrVbrQtIf2nLqod1YQYAgU-RmnGQARX7-8geQY9bUCTLPxKPLpR-GDoJvaJwaqOA9jrrSnP62NF_ubJWWmspRCTNYFkVpWlZBIeTLtOk-7Tpg0X_uCWnyP5lKyJhjsNsUwUxQlpBLo-KQl4t2IRHKDoumz-CmDSRoXbuIHkSC-kYiyhCpwRsHz0fqcaDjg7M8isBVYT6ZQJLtc1RzdtEWKa5d3CSjBLsDFrvuXZdR9ymSqGI5WH=w940-h625-no?authuser=0

• Like 1

Bagpipes and Scotch - sounds like heaven to me. I do love the squeezing-of-the-cats. 

Had salmon last night; lemon pepper/dill, not honey mustard. 

Here are a couple of photos from a 2004 Alaska cruise on Celebrity's Mercury. Does anyone know what happened to her? The cruise was for my parent's 60th wedding anniversary, there were ten of us for a bit of a family reunion. 

View of the ship from the top of the Mount Roberts Tram -

image.thumb.png.b965837123b9c7c23cde7bb73d60ec06.png

Riding the Narrow Gauge Railway in Skagway-

image.thumb.png.8c323e5cf2e23bb33df028c12390905a.png

Fireweed at the by the rails at the Canada/US border-

image.thumb.png.7a670d740a94a9a53b176f4839ea8464.png

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Overhead Fred said:

Here are a couple of photos from a 2004 Alaska cruise on Celebrity's Mercury. Does anyone know what happened to her? The cruise was for my parent's 60th wedding anniversary, there were ten of us for a bit of a family reunion. 

Currently in the active fleet (whatever that means these days) as Mein Schiff Herz for Tui cruises.

Roy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Hi everyone!  I was visiting the Princess board this morning and saw a funny meme I thought you'd enjoy.  Being a fan of ice cream AND cruising, this fits the bill.  Note the non-refundable deposit mentioned.  😂

116190666_3663668326995478_2864566924394539229_n.jpg.50e1311a4868aa97fbb94f621df9faa3.jpg

Thank you. You have made my day.😂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Currently in the active fleet (whatever that means these days) as Mein Schiff Herz for Tui cruises.

Roy

That is nice to know. I thought she was a nice ship when we sailed her. If she is cruising out of Europe, then maybe this sign I noticed on her will be important again 😉

image.thumb.png.72dbe55f46ca57f0adcc74d94c07a8b7.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good morning all!! Rich thanks for The Daily and my dear sisters Ann and Joy!

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Maui looked like it was getting some nasty weather/rain/wind.. PLEASE let me know how your home and neighbors are! Jeez, you would have been there now if it weren't for the quarantine! 

2 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Its T- minus 10 days (going in) for my retirement. I have a mini vacation in between that, so it’s still a couple weeks off.🤪😁

🌺Joy , last night before bed we called again to see the progress! 🌺Cat sent a note and at that time I told her 

winds were up to 80 mph. The ocean surge was up too! Our friends said all was good 

and Douglas was by passing our area.We have storm shutters from our last experience so we were prepared! As of this am all good!! 
just heavy rains! Loved the picture of your sister and Allen!! So happy👍 Glad your brunch went so well too! I will be thinking of both of you tomorrow! 

🌺TIOGACRUISER

As Joy said give us a heads up and we will toast your special day at Happy Hour!

2 hours ago, superoma said:

Who knew there was a national scotch day and even better that it would fall on my 70th birthday! Got a bottle of 15 year old yesterday and we managed to put a nice dent into it all while social distancing outside.

🎉🥂🎂🎁

Have a wonderful Birthday!! Good choice in the scotch👍👍 

2 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Denise, hope your place in Maui weathered the storm well.

🌺Ann, thank you for the note last night. I appreciate you thinking of us. You know a home can be rebuilt, I feel guilty a bit when it is only a material thing! The prayer list is

with all our CCers on it means more with everyone’s health.

Hey, learned something about moose’s antlers 👍👍👍👍

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Maui

🙄 Still trying with my new IPhone to figure things out!  So there is improvement from yesterday’s 6 repeated quotes LOL

Denise😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think that bagpiper is wearing a Nova Scotia tartan...

Good Monday morning, all, and thank you, Rich, for the Daily news.  I wonder how all those pillow chocolates in the Amsterdam luggage are faring.  A long time ago, when we were returning from our time in Kenya we packed a bottle of wonderful Madagascar soy sauce in a trunk, with Pat's suits and other clothing.  It broke, of course, on the sea voyage home, and  a lot of things were ruined!  Something I will never forget.

I have a very dark corner in the courtyard where I have never had anything grow happily.  Last year I put in a hosta called "Frozen Margarita" just to see if it would survive, and look at it this year:

IMG_5053.thumb.jpeg.4ec17494db1795d93d10abca4a24228e.jpeg

It reminds me of travel...

• Like 8

Hello to all and thanks to Rich for keeping us up to date with the ship's movements, menus, sayings, celebrations and wine selections.  I am sure his research takes up a good part of the day.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I think that bagpiper is wearing a Nova Scotia tartan...

Good Monday morning, all, and thank you, Rich, for the Daily news.  I wonder how all those pillow chocolates in the Amsterdam luggage are faring.  A long time ago, when we were returning from our time in Kenya we packed a bottle of wonderful Madagascar soy sauce in a trunk, with Pat's suits and other clothing.  It broke, of course, on the sea voyage home, and  a lot of things were ruined!  Something I will never forget.

I have a very dark corner in the courtyard where I have never had anything grow happily.  Last year I put in a hosta called "Frozen Margarita" just to see if it would survive, and look at it this year:

IMG_5053.thumb.jpeg.4ec17494db1795d93d10abca4a24228e.jpeg

It reminds me of travel...

I was thinking you downsized recently or am I mistaken.  Have you been in the new house long enough to notice a change, is this from just before you moved, or am I completely off base?

Roy

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Oh...I want some of this ice cream.  And DH can have his scotch.  We both love bagpipe music.  Salmon is our favorite any way prepared.  I see a trip to the grocery store soon.  

We have 1 more day of dropping off and picking up the grands from their summer school session.  Then a week off while the family goes camping.  I get to sleep in!!

Prayers to all on the care list and in the way of bad weather.  100 degrees here again in Vancouver WA.  Wednesday we go to our home on the Oregon coast...probably will be fogged in but much better sleeping weather.

Thank you for all the posts.  They are a breath of fresh air in all this craziness.

Stay safe, wear your mask, stay well.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

I was thinking you downsized recently or am I mistaken.  Have you been in the new house long enough to notice a change, is this from just before you moved, or am I completely off base?

Roy

I'm not allowed to move furniture, so I move plants instead!  We have been here four years next month!  How time flies.  I have so little gardening space, I am forever digging things up and replacing them.   I tried a couple of different hostas and a bush  in that corner, everything died, I don't know why this one is so much happier.  I had almost decided I would have to just stick a statue there or something!  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

That is the cruise where we first met.  It was so much fun.

That was a great cruise and so was the one on the Rotterdam.   I'm so glad we did both of those.  I sure hope the one we have booked on Zaandam sails.   Fingers crossed.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

There is a mathematical formula - the older you get, the faster it goes!

Like a toll of toilet paper at the end 🤣

dh was a drummer in a pipe band.   He had his own kilt made when we visited Scotland.   Had to fly business class to take an extra suitcase when he brought all the regalia on a med cruise.  🥰

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, highland cruiser said:

Oh...I want some of this ice cream.  And DH can have his scotch.  We both love bagpipe music.  Salmon is our favorite any way prepared.  I see a trip to the grocery store soon.  

I would be headed to the grocery store too if this were actually a real flavor!!  But I am very sure this is just a joke, and a cruel joke at that.  ☹️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good Morning and thanks for the update. 
I’m remembering listening to the sound of the lone piper on the top of the ramparts of Edinburgh castle during the Tattoo.

Staysafe and keep cool. 
Prayers for all on our care list.

The Tattoo is on my list of must do’s. Hope to get there sometime in the next few years. 

• Like 3