Cruise Critic Community
mommao729

Port canaveral sailings

On 7/29/2020 at 9:25 AM, cruisegirl1 said:

I meant that I live in the south east US , but I don't live in Florida.  So, PC is the easiest port for us to drive

I also wanted to differentiate having to drive 11 hours to Ft Lauderdale,  not just the few hours from central Florida.  I was pointing our that PC is an easier drive ( 8 hours) vs other more southern Florida ports.  

Flying means a several hour drive to Charlotte to catch a direct flight, or a long layover in Charlotte or Atlanta if we fly from Columbia.  We did the flight a few times and it takes longer to  fly home than to drive home because of airport wait times.

Tampa is an hour longer  than PC and a much more difficult drive for us.  

M

We live in ATL and drive to PC no problem - but there's something about that extra 3 hours to get from Orlando to FLL that sucks away my soul. A terrible trip down the Turnpike with only a couple of mountains (aka landfills) to break up the monotony. No offense to anyone living in Port St. Lucie... lol

If we sail out of PC we drive & if we sail out of FLL or MIA we fly...

We live just north of Atlanta(Sandy Springs), so PC is drivable for us, although we do typically leave in time to spend the night just east of the Orlando airport, then we can sleep well and be on the ship shortly after 11AM.

Tampa is also a drive to port, but we prefer the big ships, which don't do Tampa Bay.

Fort Lauderdale and Miami are fly-ins for us, but we usually choose FLL, as the airport is small and the port is so close.

Barb