'HAVE IT ALL' Promotion

CM1984

We are interested in a specific cruise on the Nieuw Statendam and that cruise includes the 'HAVE IT ALL' promotion included in the price (naturally).  We are not interested in the HIA, we just want the basic cruise, which will be much cheaper and we can select our own options.  

Is there a way to do that?  I'm not seeing it on the Website.  Thanks.

Mimi

9 minutes ago, CM1984 said:

We are interested in a specific cruise on the Nieuw Statendam and that cruise includes the 'HAVE IT ALL' promotion included in the price (naturally).  We are not interested in the HIA, we just want the basic cruise, which will be much cheaper and we can select our own options.  

Mimi

You would be better calling HAL for this info, as I don’t think you can do it online.  I called yesterday to book a cruise and I was on hold for maybe 5 minutes only.

• Like 2

Are you sure the price went up with the package? We are monitoring two cruises. One, the price didn't change at all. It is the exact same price. One, it changed far less...a little over 40%... than the cost of the package. We are considering re-faring for that cruise.

3 hours ago, Crew News said:

I had to contact HAL to get the "no frills" fare.  As a solo traveler, the savings were considerable.

With many of their past promotions, your experience has been mine.  Someone has to pay for the "frills" and, regardless of the temptations being offered, it is the guest.  

Something to consider:

If you are up to your ears in extra FCC, paying a slightly higher base fare for the ‘Have It All’ promotion lets you cover extras like gratuities and a drink package with FCC. On their own, you can’t apply FCC to cover these. Even if you don’t drink much alcohol, the Signature drink package also covers soda, specialty coffees, and bottled water (which you can take with you on excursions). These are normally an extra expense not covered by your basic fare.

Edited by Horizon chaser 1957

1 hour ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Something to consider:

If you are up to your ears in extra FCC, paying a slightly higher base fare for the ‘Have It All’ promotion lets you cover extras like gratuities and a drink package with FCC. On their own, you can’t apply FCC to cover these. Even if you don’t drink much alcohol, the Signature drink package also covers soda, specialty coffees, and bottled water (which you can take with you on excursions). These are normally an extra expense not covered by your basic fare.

Good info, interesting idea!  Something to remember when booking with the FCC.  

Hot enough yet out there in Chilliwack?

11 hours ago, CM1984 said:

Mimi

I was able to get a price with the promotion and without with my PCC.  I booked it with the promotion and had a lot of time to decide since it was for the fall 2021, but unfortunately the cruise is now canceled because it was on the Rotterdam.  Anyway, I think there is a way to do it on the website, I think there is a tab to click when you are on the page picking the type of stateroom you want.  If not, check with HAL over the phone.

IF given the choice between sailing Amsterdam or  Volendam  (both 'R' class ships),  I would opt for Volendam.  🙂

• Like 2

On 7/28/2020 at 6:45 PM, SilvertoGold said:

Good info, interesting idea!  Something to remember when booking with the FCC.  

Hot enough yet out there in Chilliwack?

Now that our ‘Have it all’ promotion cruise is cancelled, I’m hoping to book another With our ever expanding FCC before the offer runs out.

And yes thanks, Chilliwack has managed to test everyone’s air conditioners to the fullest lately!😄

2 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Now that our ‘Have it all’ promotion cruise is cancelled, I’m hoping to book another With our ever expanding FCC before the offer runs out.

And yes thanks, Chilliwack has managed to test everyone’s air conditioners to the fullest lately!😄

Hoping for rain soon!  Near the water we have at least a lot of wind!

Have a good long weekend!

Edited by SilvertoGold
  • Like 1

Before we booked we found the base cruise on a certain bb travel site. We added taxes and tips which we would ne paying anyway and basically the dinners and drink package were "free." 

It seems prices and deals are always changing.

You can always rebook.

I looked at HAL "deals" on their  website and why in the world would  I pay cash for a deposit/cruise, and accept  FCC in lieu of cash if I need  to cancel?  I don't think so! With the trouble people a re having getting refunds, I am not going to "loan" HAL or any cruise line, money to  be used  now and not be available  if I needed to cancel. I  carry independent travel insurance(being lost not cruise line issued), but who knows what events they are going to cover in the next  couple of years, so any deposits paid would be at risk of losing

15 hours ago, wearesiamese said:

I looked at HAL "deals" on their  website and why in the world would  I pay cash for a deposit/cruise, and accept  FCC in lieu of cash if I need  to cancel?  I don't think so! With the trouble people a re having getting refunds, I am not going to "loan" HAL or any cruise line, money to  be used  now and not be available  if I needed to cancel. I  carry independent travel insurance(being lost not cruise line issued), but who knows what events they are going to cover in the next  couple of years, so any deposits paid would be at risk of losing

There's an online TA currently doing reduced refundable deposits with all the extras plus more. 

We figured we want the industry to survive. So we booked. If we are out a couple hundred dollars so be it.

• Like 1

Celebrity is taking most remaining staff of their Edge (thread on the Celebrity forum).

Message there folks.

Purchasing a cruise, which at this point is a totally unknown product, seems inappropriate. Refunds will become less probable and the FCC potentially worthless.

Treat yourself as the priority, welfare for cruise lines after the many years of downgrading and increased prices, Not.

18 hours ago, Jammu2 said:

There's an online TA currently doing reduced refundable deposits with all the extras plus more. 

We figured we want the industry to survive. So we booked. If we are out a couple hundred dollars so be it.

Did exactly the same thing a couple of days ago.

21 hours ago, Jammu2 said:

Such a tease...................................without naming names, which I know you can't, however, a few hints would be nice.............